MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Aspergillus
I havent been on this forum for about three weeks now since I have gotten a HTC HD2 (but I still have my Nexus One and still use it normally) but I came back to this website to check and see if at least a Beta has dropped, and no surprise I see Paul gave up on all you Nexus One users for the Desire ROM Port, sorry to see...Wow...a half way job...Not Surprised...At All... ;)

Hey man...

Even if Paul would give up on this Projekt..( i dont think he will ) it's none of your

Business at all... So far i did Not see a single usefull Post by you. So Please stopp flaming. Make a Beta of it yourself if you can...if not stay calm.

Aspi

Edited by Aspergillus

I havent been on this forum for about three weeks now since I have gotten a HTC HD2 (but I still have my Nexus One and still use it normally) but I came back to this website to check and see if at least a Beta has dropped, and no surprise I see Paul gave up on all you Nexus One users for the Desire ROM Port, sorry to see...Wow...a half way job...Not Surprised...At All... ;)

Or perhaps he's on holiday until the 20th, just as he announced a couple of pages ago.

sns.

Guest ariurban
Things you need:

1. Computer (to backup your SD Card)

2. USB Cable

3. Desire Rom with Apps2SD option baked in.

4. A little patience to get it done.

Make sure you have baked your Desire Rom with the Apps2SD option checked as this is a script that you must have in order for Apps2SD to work!

WARNING - BACKUP YOUR SD CARD - These instructions will wipe the contents of your SD Card.[/b]

Yes, I have it working and below instructions are assuming that you are going to do a fresh install of the Desire ROM with Apps2SD and all your Apps.

Step 1. Backup the contents of your SD Card to your computer or whatever you choose.

Step 2. Power off your phone.

Step 3. Boot into recovery mode by depressing the DOWN Volume Key and while holding it down press the power key to boot into recovery.

HINT: You should now be at a white screen with little androids at the bottom. The phone will check a couple of things and flash a few items on the screen and FASTBOOT will be highlighted.

Step 4. Press your DOWN Volume Key 1 time so that RECOVERY is highlighted.

Step 5. Press the Power Key 1 time and wait a few seconds. You should now be at the recovery screen.

Step 6. With your trackball move down to Partition SD card and press the trackball 1 time to get to the next menu.

Step 7. on this menu, Partiton SD should be highlighted so go ahead and press your trackball 1 time. Remember, you are wiping your SD Card, so think long and hard before proceeding! Did you back up the contents??????

Step 8. The first part of the partitioning process is for the Swap file and it will automatically be set to 32. Gently Spin your trackball and change it to "0" and press the trackball 1 time. If someone can shed some light on the Swap File, please do as I am only suggesting settings that I know work and I don't think this swap file is needed so why waste the space.

Step 9 Now you are presented with the option for the EXT Partition size and it will be defaulted for 512. This should be more than enough space for most but if you want to make it larger you can by gently spinning your trackball to the desired size. Personally I use 640, but its up to you. Once you have your desired size, press the trackball.

Step 10. The remaining part of your SD card will be partitoned for FAT32 and I believe you have to press the trackball one more time to start the process. ( I am doing this from memory, but if you have gotten this far you won't have a problem) Your card will now be formatted with an EXT 2 partiton and the rest Fat 32.

Step 11. Once the format process is finished you will be back at the Partiton SD card menu and need to upgrade your EXT2 partition. With your track ball move down to SD ext2 to ext 3 and press the trackball to upgrade the partiton to EXT 3. Once complete you will be back at the Partiton SD card menu.

Step 12. With your Trackball move down to SD: ext3 to ext4 and press the trackball to upgrade from ext3 to ext4. (I'm pretty sure you don't have to upgrade to EXT4 but I do and it works fine)

You should be good to go on your partitions.

Hint: Now that your SD Card has been wiped and formatted, from within recovery you can Toggle on USB and copy your ROM over to your SD for Flashing. Make sure after you copy it over you Toggle off the USB before flashing. Navigating the recovery menu is done with combinations of the Volume Key and Trackball. Also you will want to do a complete wipe of Dalvik, Etc. before flashing.

Some apps2sd methods show up as secondary partitions under your SD card info. This particular method does not show that information but it is very obvious when you have 150 apps installed and still have 100 MB available. I;m sure yo can use root explorer or another app to explore the EXT partiton.

Hope this helps!

Hi ^^, tried this using 1.6.2 amon RA.. everything worked correctly as you said.. \

I rebooted phone and in apps menu, deleted all my apps that i downloaded off of Market, then rebooted my phone again.

Then my internal memory under SD Card settings jumped to 147MB.. nice ;)

However I reinstalled 1 application from Market " Google Maps" a 3.46 MB file and then went back to SD Card settings, ><" now internal memory shows 144MB, installed Google earth (20mb file), now internal memory shows 122MB ; ;

That means that my apps I am downloading are still being stored to internal memory...

What did I do wrong ? ; ; I followed the steps above correctly and am using 512MB with 0 swap and ext.4 .

I did wipe dalvek cache (and the others ROtate, battery, ect) then re-flashed the a21 desire rom with apps2sd (pre-baked).

Any help for anyone would really be appreciated.. THank you again.

Edited by ariurban

Guest Mike Nez

Hi

Did upload to the N1 the rom and flash it in recovery mode.

Somehow I'm stuck with a blank screen with animation"HTC quietly brillant"

wait for more than 10 minutes ... but nothing occur.

Ideas?

Mike

Guest ariurban
Hi

Did upload to the N1 the rom and flash it in recovery mode.

Somehow I'm stuck with a blank screen with animation"HTC quietly brillant"

wait for more than 10 minutes ... but nothing occur.

Ideas?

Mike

did you download latest radio for desire a21? and flash it?

if so, then might want to re-flash the a21 rom again, if that doesnt work, try downloading the a18 or 19 rom from link on page 137 (or 136, forgot) of this thread and put that file on the root of ur sd card from computer, then transfer card to phone and try going into recovery mode and flashing the older rom.

Guest cortez
Hi ^^, tried this using 1.6.2 amon RA.. everything worked correctly as you said.. \

I rebooted phone and in apps menu, deleted all my apps that i downloaded off of Market, then rebooted my phone again.

Then my internal memory under SD Card settings jumped to 147MB.. nice ;)

However I reinstalled 1 application from Market " Google Maps" a 3.46 MB file and then went back to SD Card settings, ><" now internal memory shows 144MB, installed Google earth (20mb file), now internal memory shows 122MB ; ;

That means that my apps I am downloading are still being stored to internal memory...

What did I do wrong ? ; ; I followed the steps above correctly and am using 512MB with 0 swap and ext.4 .

I did wipe dalvek cache (and the others ROtate, battery, ect) then re-flashed the a21 desire rom with apps2sd (pre-baked).

Any help for anyone would really be appreciated.. THank you again.

i'm using Amon_RA 1.70 Recovery and had the same result as you when installing Google Earth & Google Maps with A2SD enabled. the simple answer: some programs/apps are probably hard-coded to install to your device even with A2SD. if you ask me, going form 144MB to 122 MB is an acceptable trade off for large programs. 122MB is a lot better than having 55MB after installing apps and Google Maps, right?? i've tested A19 and A21 and after installing my normal apps there's 122MB of device storage (not RAM) available with both versions. that's good enough for me! ;) Edited by cortez

Guest hay112

I'm on tmo and using r21, when I recieve MMS messages they are all grainy and crappy because the size of them is 4 or 5kb. I installed the mms.apk from CM rom like someone else suggested but that didn't work. Any suggestions?

Guest ariurban
i'm using Amon_RA 1.70 Recovery and had the same result as you when installing Google Earth & Google Maps with A2SD enabled. the simple answer: some programs/apps are probably hard-coded to install to your device even with A2SD. if you ask me, going form 144MB to 122 MB is an acceptable trade off for large programs. 122MB is a lot better than having 55MB after installing apps and Google Maps, right?? i've tested A19 and A21 and after installing my normal apps there's 122MB of device storage (not RAM) available with both versions. that's good enough for me! ;)

Thanks for the tip ;)

I continued installing other apps and sure enough.. my internal memory stayed the same (122MB after using cachemate to clear the data).

Thanks for the advice, i was worried.

Another question, I backed up some APK files with ASTRO FILE MANAGER. I installed a APK file (Tubedroid) which is about 700ish K file using astro backup install option.

Now my Internal memory has gone to 121MB.

Is there a way to install previous APK backed up files that will be transfered to the SD Card as opposed to the system device storage?

THat particular file Tubedroid doesnt exists on market now.. so thats why i had it backed up before doing this APPS2SD and using a new class 6 sd micro card.

Thanks again and if u happen to know how to install backed up APK files to sd card, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Edited by ariurban

Guest cortez
Thanks for the tip ;)

I continued installing other apps and sure enough.. my internal memory stayed the same (122MB after using cachemate to clear the data).

Thanks for the advice, i was worried.

Another question, I backed up some APK files with ASTRO FILE MANAGER. I installed a APK file (Tubedroid) which is about 700ish K file using astro backup install option.

Now my Internal memory has gone to 121MB.

Is there a way to install previous APK backed up files that will be transfered to the SD Card as opposed to the system device storage?

THat particular file Tubedroid doesnt exists on market now.. so thats why i had it backed up before doing this APPS2SD and using a new class 6 sd micro card.

Thanks again and if u happen to know how to install backed up APK files to sd card, I would greatly appreciate your help.

i use Android Commander to backup and reinstall apps and i've seen similar behavior as well. i suspect side-loading some apps (e.g., not installed via the Market) may also result in them being installed to device storage. i offer no technical evidence to support my theory; it's purely based on what i see with my device. Edited by cortez

Guest fabiocampos
anybody has problems booting the devise with the SD card inserted? ;)"

When the Sd card is not inserted the devise works fine, why?

Maybe ur sdcard have a problem or corrupted files. Make a full format and try again ;)

;)

Guest ianoreo

I'm experiencing excessive lag in the Messages application, ESPECIALLY when scrolling...It's the only lag issue I've had...Anyone else notice this or better yet know a solution?

Cheers!

-Ian

Guest skydart
I'm experiencing excessive lag in the Messages application, ESPECIALLY when scrolling...It's the only lag issue I've had...Anyone else notice this or better yet know a solution?

Cheers!

-Ian

I also get this, but I don't think it's specific to the Desire port. I'm currently running it on Cyanogen, and I too, get the same issue. So, I daily purge my messages, and deal with it that way.

Guest cezent

Dude what's the matter with u? the big man is on holiday until next week.

Here s an idea: go play your HD2 instead of posting childish/irrelevant craps that pissed other people off.

Guest cezent
Any news about fixing Bluetooth?? ;)

Not quite yet. The issue lies with the Desire Kernel at the moment as I understand (same with FM Radio and several other things). Be patient, I m sure its just a matter of time. Considered the whole sets of mumbles are not sorted in Desire itself yet (custom ROM, custom Recovery Image and etc), the Desire ROM on Nexus 1 is more customizable than Desire iteself.

Guest cezent
I also get this, but I don't think it's specific to the Desire port. I'm currently running it on Cyanogen, and I too, get the same issue. So, I daily purge my messages, and deal with it that way.

I use to have that problem too along with several other issues when I flash custom ROM on N1, and still cannot figure out why that is the case. My solution was to wipe the device, install the stock ROM, setup the stock ROM in full (with google accounts and etc), wipe the device again (and again), then flash the custom ROM.

As mentioned, I have no idea why this is the case, but it works on mine.

P.S. also make sure ur custom Recovery image is up to date.

Edited by cezent

Guest brosenz

The phone is not using my Google Voice number to dial out, do you know if this is a know bug ?, I have already configured Google Voice to use for everything my Google Voice number, thanks

Guest brosenz

Bluetooth it's not pairing my Bluetooth headset, I've tried multiple times and it will not connect, any trick to make it work ?, I know the log says "unreliable Bluetooth", but unreliable means works sometimes at least, thanks

Guest rnmedic1839

Well I could not stay away so I came back and loaded the r21. Well after playing with the BT it started to work? Amazing. Everything is working fine now no issues so far, no bugs. Foot prints camera off kilter but when you take the pic it comes up correctly. I opted for all the HTC mix and dumped allot of the other ad in's Stayed with the HTC strait up and its interesting no issues. Pictures sending MMS ect. works fine could we be very close?

Guest brosenz
Well I could not stay away so I came back and loaded the r21. Well after playing with the BT it started to work? Amazing. Everything is working fine now no issues so far, no bugs. Foot prints camera off kilter but when you take the pic it comes up correctly. I opted for all the HTC mix and dumped allot of the other ad in's Stayed with the HTC strait up and its interesting no issues. Pictures sending MMS ect. works fine could we be very close?

How did you manage to PAIRED the Bluetooth devices, I've been trying with more than one Bluetooth Headset and it does not connect, it keep looking for the device, please any advice is welcome, thanks

Guest rICHIEa1226
How did you manage to PAIRED the Bluetooth devices, I've been trying with more than one Bluetooth Headset and it does not connect, it keep looking for the device, please any advice is welcome, thanks

I will love to know the same, its driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!

Guest JonnyRockets

I've been using the Desire Rom for over a month now and I never bothered to use Bluetooth since Paul said it didn't work.

Well, after reading your post, I decided to give it a try...

And it WORKS!!!!!!!! I am LISTENING to audio through my bluetooth headphones RIGHT NOW

Woohooo!!!!!

bluetoothtq.png

Just a note for others who might try this, after pairing, it didn't transmit audio even though it was paired. It was only after I went into Advanced Settings and disabled "FTP Server" that it started transmitting audio. Anyway, it works for me, and your mileage may vary!

Guest rnmedic1839
I've been using the Desire Rom for over a month now and I never bothered to use Bluetooth since Paul said it didn't work.

Well, after reading your post, I decided to give it a try...

And it WORKS!!!!!!!! I am LISTENING to audio through my bluetooth headphones RIGHT NOW

Woohooo!!!!!

bluetoothtq.png

Just a note for others who might try this, after pairing, it didn't transmit audio even though it was paired. It was only after I went into Advanced Settings and disabled "FTP Server" that it started transmitting audio. Anyway, it works for me, and your mileage may vary!

Yep its the FTP or file transfer protocol Just started working. Im going to down load the Desire manual and read it. It could be interesting.

Enjoy your BT!