MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest AwesomeGuy
hey guys! sorry for the noob question but just got my nexus one and flashed a21 but right now on my first boot up the white HTC screen just keeps rebooting over and over again. Has any experienced this?

Did you perform 'WIPE"?

Guest k2bk2bk2b
Quick Question about the Kitchen.

I baked a rom, by mistake, some checkboxes were checked that I didn't want. Is there anyway to remove this after I flashed the rom? Or do I have to bake another one and then flash?

Thanks,

VB

Rebake.

Its getting awfully quiet here... Everyone's waiting for paul's return..

Guest houstonblaney1
Rebake.

Its getting awfully quiet here... Everyone's waiting for paul's return..

The silence is palpable. You can damn near taste it.

I think most of us remember Paul's post from a few days ago. Definitely can't wait to see what goodies he has cooked up.

Guest houstonblaney1

step 5: Wipe....normally i wipe all...though most of the rom upgrades don't require wiping, i always had lil bugs...and none when i wiped ALL.

Seems most things are fixable by performing a good wipe (and not just for phones either).

Just stating the obvious...

Edited by houstonblaney1

Guest muncheese
LOL! not exactly the response I was looking for but thanks for the laugh

You probably forgot to wipe the data.

You should do that anytime you switch roms.

Guest lp1527
As I said, "I'm personally partial to A19 as it has had the fewest issues in my own humble opinion." I'm certainly not the first to indicate a preference for A19. Many here have reverted back to A19 from Ar21. And yes, I agree. A19 has fantastic battery life. With SetCPU profiles, I was getting about 36 hours with wifi on and moderate calling.

ANy recommendations for ideal SetCPU profile to max battery life without losing performance?

Guest houstonblaney1
Wow! 36 hours is impressive! You had Wi-Fi turned on the entire time? I'm REALLY looking forward to coming back to this ROM when either r22 comes out. Does anybody know where Paul is vacationing? Perhaps we should stop in and see how his vacation is going ;-) [just kidding, I know he well deserves the vacation].

Coverage is spotty in and around the area surrounding my home. Walk a hundred feet or so in any direction and you get a signal. You could sit in a lead box 101 feet from my house and get a better signal than if you were in my house. So yeah, I leave WiFi on pretty much all the time when I'm home.

Also looking forward to coming back to the Desire ROM. I think my love for all things Sense UI is pretty evident, especially if anyone has read my posts. As I've said before, CyanogenMod--while great in its own right--is really just a standby ROM for me until Paul is able to get a stable version of the Desire ROM out for the masses.

I'm sure Paul is vacationing in a place where GPS/satellites can't find him. Probably wouldn't appreciate some MoDaCo fans repelling out of helicopters asking him questions like "Why is Bluetooth unreliable on your Desire ROM?" As for my guess as to where he's vacationing...probably definitely not vacationing on The Island of Misfit Toys. That's where iPhone users fanboys go to sulk when they see us Android users with options like "custom wallpapers" and "custom ringtones."

Guest houstonblaney1
ANy recommendations for ideal SetCPU profile to max battery life without losing performance?

First a little battery/phone "philosophy", then recommendations.

CPU usage is definitely going to be more intensive (games, internet, etc.) when we notice our phone has a full charge. On the converse, we're less likely to do anything super battery-intensive on our phones (like play Homerun Battle 3D) when the battery is showing it has 22% left.

That being said, my profiles allow for higher CPU speeds when battery juice is available to waste. When the power goes down, so does maximum CPU speed.

Here are my profile settings:

post-534760-1271132623_thumb.pngpost-534760-1271131537_thumb.png

Every profile on my Nexus One has a 460 MHz minimum because I felt that that was a decent minimum and never noticed a lag in performance. You can try going lower, and since everything is "ondemand", there's no reason why you should be taxing your phone's resources if you don't need the processing power.

Edited by houstonblaney1

Guest Crazypinoy9
You probably forgot to wipe the data.

You should do that anytime you switch roms.

actually it was just my own impatience that got the best of me. I waited for about 30 secs and gave up the first couple times. Then i tried waiting about 5 mins while the htc boot screen looped then voila! worked fine.

but i do have one question though...now that I have the a21 rom on here i've been noticing that instead of a "3G" symbol i'm getting an "H". It'll switch between, E, G (only a couple times), and H. E is obviously edge and g is more than likely gprs, but what is H???

Edited by Crazypinoy9

Guest drfroz

This is absolutely the best rom available for the Nexus One. Totally preferred over the horrid stock rom that is both slow and unpractical. I love the design of the Sense interface and all the extra applications HTC has developed for this software. Coupled with the overclocked kernel, it's a breeze to use, even in daily usage. I have had no major problems with it whatsoever, only thing I crave is some of the lagginess removed in scroll menus when scrolling to the bottom. This can be clearly seen when opening the main applications menu and scrolling to the bottom. For some reason the bottom part gets REALLY laggy. Other than that, kudos to Paul for making this great rom!

Guest Sylar2010

-Using Medieval BT app can resolve the BT problems??

-Installing the arabic language pack would add Lebanon in the Local's list so my country 961 code is integrated in the phonebook??

Guest brosenz

The Exchange Client within the Desire ROM is different from the Exchange client within the Stock ROM ?, I was trying to setup the Exchange Account (Stock ROM)and I got an error message saying "This Exchange ActiveSync server requires security features your phone does not support", I did the exact same installation but using this Alpha r21 Modaco Desire Kitchen and I was able to successfully configure the Exchange Account, do you know if is there any difference in the Exchange Client between the CM 5.0.5.3 ROM, Stock ROM and the Desire Sense r21 Alpha release ROM ?, thanks a lot

Guest Pinko_Commie
The Exchange Client within the Desire ROM is different from the Exchange client within the Stock ROM ?, I was trying to setup the Exchange Account (Stock ROM)and I got an error message saying "This Exchange ActiveSync server requires security features your phone does not support", I did the exact same installation but using this Alpha r21 Modaco Desire Kitchen and I was able to successfully configure the Exchange Account, do you know if is there any difference in the Exchange Client between the CM 5.0.5.3 ROM, Stock ROM and the Desire Sense r21 Alpha release ROM ?, thanks a lot

I can say that there is a difference between the Stock Nexus and Stock Desire.

The Desire Rom version syncs your calander for a start while the Stock Nexus doesn't.

On a different note I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about this: http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...ction-problems/ as it is tangentally related to the Desire Rom, as it shows the same behaviour on both my Nexus with the Desire Rom and my actual desire (totally stock, obtained as a backup incase I brick the nexus :-) ).

It seems to have an issue with no certificate PEAP-GTC, it'll connect fine with stock [both shipping and ERE27] (I'm yet to test any other custom ones), but Desire Wifi doesn't have a drop down box to select which certificate (or none in my case) to use.

It's not a massive issue for me currently, as I can't get out of the work WiFi network as it requires a proxy server to access the net, but it'd be nice to have a quick fix (maybe buggering with the supplicant or something?)

Other than that tiny tiny niggle, what a great ROM ;) I much prefer the HTC Sence to stock, it just seems slicker.

Edited by Pinko_Commie

Guest Tanveer Virani
but i do have one question though...now that I have the a21 rom on here i've been noticing that instead of a "3G" symbol i'm getting an "H". It'll switch between, E, G (only a couple times), and H. E is obviously edge and g is more than likely gprs, but what is H???

The H stands for HSDPA or High-Speed Downlink Packet Access. It is an enhanced 3G, also known by various other monikers (3G+, 3.5G or turbo 3G). It offers speed of up to 14Mbits/s (based on the support by your provider).

Guest skydart

I'm currently using the CM 5.0.6 test2 ROM by Cyanogen. It's very "safe" and very stable, in fact, no problems at all, however, I'm using it as the ROM to use until I get back in the game with Paul's HTC Desire ROM. I've been using his ROM since r14, and then went to CM at r20.

. . . . . . It's just been so long since I've used the HTC Desire ROM, and I'm dying to come back! ;-) Here's my question, . . . . . on a scale of 1 - 10, (10 being the best), where would you rate r21? Please advise.

- SkyDart

Guest brosenz
I'm currently using the CM 5.0.6 test2 ROM by Cyanogen. It's very "safe" and very stable, in fact, no problems at all, however, I'm using it as the ROM to use until I get back in the game with Paul's HTC Desire ROM. I've been using his ROM since r14, and then went to CM at r20.

. . . . . . It's just been so long since I've used the HTC Desire ROM, and I'm dying to come back! ;-) Here's my question, . . . . . on a scale of 1 - 10, (10 being the best), where would you rate r21? Please advise.

- SkyDart

Hi, where I can download the CM 5.0.6 Test 2 ROM ?, thanks

Guest skydart
Hi, where I can download the CM 5.0.6 Test 2 ROM ?, thanks

It's probably a good idea to post that question over in the CyanogenMod "Expirimental" forum.

Edited by skydart

Guest Pinko_Commie

- SkyDart

18 hours in, I would rate it as 98% of the same software on an actual Desire.

As far as I can tell (owning both), the only difference in my current use is that it doesn't bring up the USB connection dialog (known issue) and that while I can play music through my bluetooth car stereo, I cannot control the phone back from the stereo (again, bluetooth is a known issue), and that I forgot to bake in the extended APN list so had to manualyl setup my APNs (though that's more my fault)

I'm planning on running r21 as a day to day ROM and seeing what it's like (though I'm currently setting up a Stock ROM image with the same settings just in case :-) )

Also, this is from an Android moding n00b. Never owned an android phone before my Nexus, last phone I messed with was a SE P800 ;) , and everything has been pretty seamless once I actually read the instructions properly.

Guest lp1527
First a little battery/phone "philosophy", then recommendations.

CPU usage is definitely going to be more intensive (games, internet, etc.) when we notice our phone has a full charge. On the converse, we're less likely to do anything super battery-intensive on our phones (like play Homerun Battle 3D) when the battery is showing it has 22% left.

That being said, my profiles allow for higher CPU speeds when battery juice is available to waste. When the power goes down, so does maximum CPU speed.

Here are my profile settings:

post-534760-1271132623_thumb.pngpost-534760-1271131537_thumb.png

Every profile on my Nexus One has a 460 MHz minimum because I felt that that was a decent minimum and never noticed a lag in performance. You can try going lower, and since everything is "ondemand", there's no reason why you should be taxing your phone's resources if you don't need the processing power.

Thanks much!! One question- wouldn't leaving the minimum CPU usage at the default 245 be better for conserving batter usage? Any reason not to leave it that low and raise it to your 460 min?

Guest Victor Bello
The silence is palpable. You can damn near taste it.

I think most of us remember Paul's post from a few days ago. Definitely can't wait to see what goodies he has cooked up.

Probably not many, he's on vacation remember? He also said he wouldn't have any internet access.

Guest rnmedic1839
18 hours in, I would rate it as 98% of the same software on an actual Desire.

As far as I can tell (owning both), the only difference in my current use is that it doesn't bring up the USB connection dialog (known issue) and that while I can play music through my bluetooth car stereo, I cannot control the phone back from the stereo (again, bluetooth is a known issue), and that I forgot to bake in the extended APN list so had to manualyl setup my APNs (though that's more my fault)

I'm planning on running r21 as a day to day ROM and seeing what it's like (though I'm currently setting up a Stock ROM image with the same settings just in case :-) )

Also, this is from an Android moding n00b. Never owned an android phone before my Nexus, last phone I messed with was a SE P800 ;) , and everything has been pretty seamless once I actually read the instructions properly.

So far I have been using it for 2 days,no resets no lock ups its working fine, Phone works,BT works, SMS works, WiFi works( Home Network) have not tried the tether, Camera works (Super Pics) Battery Drain a little higher than normal but Sence uses more juice, Quick Set Loaded,Set CPU loaded and Task Manager loaded as well as my other apps mostly medical , Google sky (Cool App) Accu weather etc etc. T-Mobile US.

My suggestion for those not familiar with the Desire Rom is read the Hand book first which is available at HTC then decide to download the ROM, "its not a Nexus anymore Dorothy its "Lust for Desire" Don't expect anything familiar with or even being like a Nexus. Oh yea Im a NOOB too, but I like messing with the Tech.

Firm Ware 2.1

Baseband 32.26.00.24u_4.04.00.03

Kernel2.6.33=msm-technologist-0.8 root@neutrino #1

Build passion-user 2.1update 1 ERE2724178 release keys

Modasco Rom Desre Port r21 SSH

Browser Ver. Webkit 3.1

Edited by rnmedic1839

Guest houstonblaney1
Thanks much!! One question- wouldn't leaving the minimum CPU usage at the default 245 be better for conserving batter usage? Any reason not to leave it that low and raise it to your 460 min?

Probably would be, but like I said, leaving it at 460 has worked fine for me.

Guest houstonblaney1
Probably not many, he's on vacation remember? He also said he wouldn't have any internet access.

This is the post (the last paragraph specifically) that I was referring to.

A quick update - I will have extremely limited Internet access for the next 2 weeks, so there will be fewer (if any) updates and less responses from me in thread until I am fully back online on the 20th April. Thanks for your understanding. ;)

That said, a lot of people on this thread have been here since the very beginning and are very knowledgeable, so I'm sure this thread will continue to thrive with everyone helping each other! ;)

Definitely some cool stuff lined up for when I return - a new production build, a new system that frees up space on /system and /data (no more storing system stuff on data!) not to mention potential things from a Bravo CDMA dump, the HTC Incredible dump and even a partial Evo 4G dump... ;) With a bit of luck the Bravo kernel will drop soon and we can get everything working too...

P

Guest Hasibul

Could someone help me installing the Desire Rom? I have tried with HTC Sense and without Sense as well and it just wont install. I just get stuck in a never ending boot loop