MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest AwesomeGuy
Could someone help me installing the Desire Rom? I have tried with HTC Sense and without Sense as well and it just wont install. I just get stuck in a never ending boot loop

Did you WIPE before flash ROM?

Guest ariurban

hi, wanted to ask a noob question.

Does a21 have an option to blacklist a phone number like the cyangen Rom had for the G1?

I loved that feature because it does not send a blacklisted to my voice mail which I hate going to and erasing everytime.

There are many call block apps on the Android Market but they only block the call and send it to voice mail box which I dislike esp if you really hate the person you are call blocking.

Thanks for any suggestions anyone might recommend.

Edited by ariurban

Guest meverha1

Anyone know why my gmail account isn't auto-synching? Everything was working fine on the gmail front but I had other issues with the ROM so I did a full wipe and reinstalled. Now Gmail won't sync when I get new mail.

Guest houstonblaney1
Anyone know why my gmail account isn't auto-synching? Everything was working fine on the gmail front but I had other issues with the ROM so I did a full wipe and reinstalled. Now Gmail won't sync when I get new mail.

Do you have the same APN settings as before?

Guest houstonblaney1
hi, wanted to ask a noob question.

Does a21 have an option to blacklist a phone number like the cyangen Rom had for the G1?

I loved that feature because it does not send a blacklisted to my voice mail which I hate going to and erasing everytime.

There are many call block apps on the Android Market but they only block the call and send it to voice mail box which I dislike esp if you really hate the person you are call blocking.

Thanks for any suggestions anyone might recommend.

I don't remember, so maybe you can fill me in (I'm currently using CyanogenMod). For me, there's a "Black List" setting under Settings > Call Settings. Is there such a setting for the Desire ROM?

Guest houstonblaney1
Right. I misread your comment. Sorry about that.

Only been a week. Seems like an eternity. I know I'm not the only way anxious for Alpha r22 and beyond...

Guest fuzio1963
I don't remember, so maybe you can fill me in (I'm currently using CyanogenMod). For me, there's a "Black List" setting under Settings > Call Settings. Is there such a setting for the Desire ROM?

Why don't you guys try youmail.com ? Its way better than any "blacklist" software, and its free! You can ditch any phone number, decide if they can leave a message or not, assign any different recording to any number, yet there is a youmail visual voice-mail for Android.....;)

Guest skydart

I'm Back! I couldn't wait any longer, so I upgraded from recovery-RA-nexus-v1.6.2 to recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0, did a full wipe, and flashed r21. I was using Cyanogen 5.0.6 test2, but the itch was just too great, and so far, so good! The only thing that I have yet to "test" is making an actual phone call! ;-)

UPDATE: 109 minutes and going, on a phone call from a location in my house that used to constantly get dropped. I'm loving it!

Edited by skydart

Guest kkempe
I meant the one which comes with the Desire in its SD card

doesn't matter, HTC Sync is HTC Sync. So far Paul haven't fixed it, but wait for the next releases as the actual builds are based on an beta release of the desire rom. Now as Desire is released officially, we have another base... Worst case would be, that we have to wait that HTC release the kernel's source code to get all desire functions working...

Guest houstonblaney1
doesn't matter, HTC Sync is HTC Sync. So far Paul haven't fixed it, but wait for the next releases as the actual builds are based on an beta release of the desire rom. Now as Desire is released officially, we have another base... Worst case would be, that we have to wait that HTC release the kernel's source code to get all desire functions working...

It's amazing how many people don't read the first 3-4 posts. Paul even put up in nice big red letters "Read all of this post and the one after it."

It's apparently difficult also to use the search function at the bottom of the page.

Guest GodDriven
Only been a week. Seems like an eternity. I know I'm not the only way anxious for Alpha r22 and beyond...

Okay.. I can say the same.. I am not just impatient.. I am also annoyed as hell.. The Sony X10i.. Piece of crap.. That's a hype that wont grow even after 2.1 arrives on it.. The HTC Desire.. Same exact ish.. In fact, the N1 is better.. WAAAYYY.. Better.. Every other device is not even a match to what this can do.. Now, Today, HTC announced another in its lineup.. The Incredible.. Basically a N1 with some more Mem and Ram... Whooptee doo.. I guess I will do the same.. Buy and feel and test.. ( As I always Do, with EVERY android device, no matter what carrier, I have them all, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mo, why bother having ATT, HUh? ;) ) It seems the is the only thing that I see worth the MULA we dish out.. The HTC EVO and the Google N1.. Thats bout it.. Oh and that Iphone os 4, Nothing special, seen that in action too.. Looks like all these companies are so back and forth.. That everything they lay down is FREAKING GARBAAGE, STR8 GARBAGE..

I stay with my N1.. My Wife and Her Koush/Cyan Droid, My sister with her Proud Samsung moment on 2.1 (finally)... Cause really guys.. I have been here helping with blood sweat and tears as others have too.. I have to admit.. Nothing and I mean nothing, WAS or FOR A WHILE will ever be built like our Beloved N1..

Remember, Google and the Android Platform are American companies.. Thus the freedom and versatility on the N1..

Guest ariurban
Why don't you guys try youmail.com ? Its way better than any "blacklist" software, and its free! You can ditch any phone number, decide if they can leave a message or not, assign any different recording to any number, yet there is a youmail visual voice-mail for Android.....;)

Thanks for the info, is youmail.com intertwinded to work with the android roms? so that any incoming phone number will be intercepted by youmail first before ringing on my phone?

How do I download youmail.com and is it on market or do i need to go to their website and download some kind of software? zipped... neeed to flash in recovery? thanks for any advice ;)

Guest skydart
Thanks for the info, is youmail.com intertwinded to work with the android roms? so that any incoming phone number will be intercepted by youmail first before ringing on my phone?

How do I download youmail.com and is it on market or do i need to go to their website and download some kind of software? zipped... neeed to flash in recovery? thanks for any advice ;)

If you go to youmail.com it will answer every single question you just asked here in this forum on their homepage.

Guest fuzio1963
Okay.. I can say the same.. I am not just impatient.. I am also annoyed as hell.. The Sony X10i.. Piece of crap.. That's a hype that wont grow even after 2.1 arrives on it.. The HTC Desire.. Same exact ish.. In fact, the N1 is better.. WAAAYYY.. Better.. Every other device is not even a match to what this can do.. Now, Today, HTC announced another in its lineup.. The Incredible.. Basically a N1 with some more Mem and Ram... Whooptee doo.. I guess I will do the same.. Buy and feel and test.. ( As I always Do, with EVERY android device, no matter what carrier, I have them all, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mo, why bother having ATT, HUh? ;) ) It seems the is the only thing that I see worth the MULA we dish out.. The HTC EVO and the Google N1.. Thats bout it.. Oh and that Iphone os 4, Nothing special, seen that in action too.. Looks like all these companies are so back and forth.. That everything they lay down is FREAKING GARBAGE, STR8 GARBAGE..

I stay with my N1.. My Wife and Her Koush/Cyan Droid, My sister with her Proud Samsung moment on 2.1 (finally)... Cause really guys.. I have been here helping with blood sweat and tears as others have too.. I have to admit.. Nothing and I mean nothing, WAS or FOR A WHILE will ever be built like our Beloved N1..

Remember, Google and the Android Platform are American companies.. Thus the freedom and versatility on the N1..

very well put !! +1 here.

When u signed up for youmail, you need to re-direct (forward) all calls to your new voice mail box on youmail.com. That costs you nothing. Now, you need to do some settings on youmail.com.....for example; i know that i need someone with ph # 888-555-1212, to think that my phone # does not exist anymore, it has been disconnected or whatever......find free recording, assign it to that number, and when you see that person calls you, just reject the call on your cell. One gets your recording that your Ph# is not in service, then he/she will get busy signal, and will NOT be able to leave you a voice message. Or you can ditch any number that called you, later in your call history. Better yet, like someone already said; go to that web page, you will find all info you need.

Guest betelgeuze

Hi Guys,

Please advise how I could install the Nexus One Stock Camera together with Custom ROM Desire Camera. I happen to like how geotagging works in the old camera (using mobile networks) and integration with gallery app. I manage to get gallery installed but having troubles installing Camera.

I already have the Camera.apk and do not wish to replace the current Desire Camera.apk. I did try to replace but I get "Installation Unsucessfull" using apkinstall.

Please help.

Edited by betelgeuze

Guest skydart

Does anybody know how I can use the stock dial-pad?

I would also like to use the stock contact list. It's just so much easier for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Finally, does anyone know of a way to force the apps to be "listed" with a small icon, and then name to the right of the icon? For me, it's just so much easier to quickly find what I'm looking for in "list view".

UPDATE: Ok, I figured out the "list view" feature . . . When viewing apps, click on the Settings button, and Voila! List View! ;-) Now, if I can just get it to use the default phone look and feel. . . .

Edited by skydart

Guest Victor Bello

I hear you dude. I just want to see what they come up with next.