MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PS&E
I did some testing this morning, I use Handcent for my SMS/MMS

I had a friend send me a picture and it showed up at full resolution, no issues for me

I tried to send a long SMS and it would not send as one message. I changed the settings to automatically split as multiple messages and it worked.

Dangit! I'm still unable to receive full resolution pictures using Handcent, chompSMS, or hTC Desire msg app. Any other suggestions? Or maybe I have settings wrong somewhere. Help anyone?

Guest ChrisVuong

This Rom is just a mod..Most of you guys like its cuz it's UI, right? It's nice,smooth..But it cannot take full advantage of our powerful Nexus One hardware (cus this rom made for Desire)..Now on froyo you can make it Desire look alike by downloading LWP and Launcher. Just go to Froyo to be up to date and take full advantage of a Nexus One user, don't just follow a nice User Interface :lol:. i've already fed up with this full error port rom

Edited by ChrisVuong

Guest cortez
This Rom is just a mod..Most of you guys like its cuz it's UI, right? It's nice,smooth..But it cannot take full advantage of our powerful Nexus One hardware (cus this rom made for Desire)..Now on froyo you can make it Desire look alike by downloading LWP and Launcher. Just go to Froyo to be up to date and take full advantage of a Nexus One user, don't just follow a nice User Interface :lol:. i've already fed up with this full error port rom
ok, so Froyo works for you. it won't for me. Desire port has much better Exchange integration - in my opinion, no third-party app beats this. the ability to increase/decrease email fonts is huge for me and i can't do that with Froyo. i also prefer the sense widgets as well. don't get me wrong, Froyo is definitely a good Android experience, it's just not for me. i've been using R19 on my N1 along with intersect Raven's kernel for almost 3 months without any problems. just added the multi-touch keyboard from the Droid X and it works great with R19. although i'm very pleased with the Desire port on my N1, i purchased the Telstra Desire (with USA 850 3G) so my N1 wouldn't feel lonely. :D

Guest veritasaequita

ill be honest i paid for the better account on here just for the pupose of using the kitchen and getting a primo good desire port. I have to say i do feel as if rooting some newer phones that have just come out might be letting me down a bit. Paul does not have to stay busy rooting new phones. truth be told there going to get rooted regardless by someone. so lets this desire port to where it needs to be. I atleast need to see beta written on the top somewhere or just an update or something, maybe even some new kitchen options. Come on Paul do the magic that i know you can do and get this desire port steam rolling! thanks, veritas

Guest teddyballgame

where would i be able to find a working sense launcher on a froyo rom?

Guest Aspergillus
This ROM drains battery like crazy.

must be something else you do.. because.. for me batterylife is very good. Better than stock-rom.

Aspi

Edited by Aspergillus

Guest vzontini
ok, so Froyo works for you. it won't for me. Desire port has much better Exchange integration - in my opinion, no third-party app beats this.

What does the Desire port do for Exchange that NitroDesk TouchDown doesn't? As a TouchDown user I'd be interested in hearing about the features to extra Desire port features. Thanks.

Guest aegdawson
This Rom is just a mod..Most of you guys like its cuz it's UI, right? It's nice,smooth..But it cannot take full advantage of our powerful Nexus One hardware (cus this rom made for Desire)..Now on froyo you can make it Desire look alike by downloading LWP and Launcher. Just go to Froyo to be up to date and take full advantage of a Nexus One user, don't just follow a nice User Interface :). i've already fed up with this full error port rom

Doesn't come anywhere near what Sense UI give u. Try learning how it works a bit more and you will realize!

Guest stevenz
Please Paul resume your Desire port,we need it so bad!!!

Forget froyo roms for a couple of days and focus on the Beta 1 (we are waiting for 2 months now)

s/need/want

Guest bigasluna

Hy, i've just made upgrading from ERE27 to FRF85B w/o unlocking bootloader.

My question is: if i'll flash a custom rom like this r22.1, based on froyo FRF91, i will lose root (because fix glich inside FRF91) or not?

And so, i will solve continuos scrren message of upgrading to FRF91 too?

Thank you.

Guest edebby
I can't seem to establish a data signal on the r22.1, I have the radio ending with _7

You need to downgrade your Radio version to 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2. Your current version is the Froyo Radio (32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7).

What does the Desire port do for Exchange that NitroDesk TouchDown doesn't? As a TouchDown user I'd be interested in hearing about the features to extra Desire port features. Thanks.

The Touchdown's widgets are absolutely horrible! Weird layout (3x2?? WTF?), the theme is like something taken from the 90's with that purple candy look, and it's not scrollable (well, one is, but its theme is even worst). Even with the "promised" Pure widgets it didn't get better. Only the Pure Calendar works, and its cr@ppy.

The option to integrate the mail system with GMail is important to me too/ So does the option to use the Corporate contacts for calling, and just filter them when needed without syncing them all to the phone contacts like I had to do with the Touchdown app.

Touchdown also has a security problem that my Corporate gave me hard time on: the security code is needed to enter the application, but some exchange data is available through their widgets without any protection. The security code should be added to the lock mechanism of the phone in case the widgets are in use. I know it sounds stupid, but the IT branch in my company has strict rules regarding phones usage, and it just failed their inspection.

Edited by edebby

Guest wrxtc714

You guys are still crying about the desire. Lol

Get on the froyo. Don't be scared of something new.

You'll be ok I promise.

Guest ultrabrite
You guys are still crying about the desire. Lol

Get on the froyo. Don't be scared of something new.

You'll be ok I promise.

:)

i went to Froyo, pending a new version of Desire, but what a crap :D !

now i'm waiting for Gingerbread (or simply Desire — Froyo for Desire? :P ) because raw version of Froyo stark naked is still not userfriendly (and is too ugly also...)

Edited by ultrabrite

Guest ChrisVuong
where would i be able to find a working sense launcher on a froyo rom?

You can download some live wallpaper, and use custom Rom, they have ADW launcher or Laucher Pro or Samsung U.I, just look better than stock launcher..I'm wondering why don't you guys purchase a HTC Desire but Nexus One if you like HTC Sense and its U.I? between "good looking, appearance, unstable of 2.1 HTC sense U.I" and "speed, performance, stable,fully compatible of 2.2 Froyo FRF91" what is in your mind?

Edited by ChrisVuong

Guest xplod420
must be something else you do.. because.. for me batterylife is very good. Better than stock-rom.

Aspi

I do what usually people do on the phone. 10 min on the phone, a few text messages and batt is half dead after a full charge.

Edited by xplod420

I do what usually people do on the phone. 10 min on the phone, a few text messages and batt is half dead after a full charge.

wipe battery stats, use up the battery, then charge it all the way.. See if that helps. It sure helped me when I had a battery life problem, it could just be the battery monitor being confused and messed up and needs a bit straightening up! aka calibration

Guest xplod420
wipe battery stats, use up the battery, then charge it all the way.. See if that helps. It sure helped me when I had a battery life problem, it could just be the battery monitor being confused and messed up and needs a bit straightening up! aka calibration

Well that could help, but what would you say about BT not working?

Guest tekgurl
You can download some live wallpaper, and use custom Rom, they have ADW launcher or Laucher Pro or Samsung U.I, just look better than stock launcher..I'm wondering why don't you guys purchase a HTC Desire but Nexus One if you like HTC Sense and its U.I? between "good looking, appearance, unstable of 2.1 HTC sense U.I" and "speed, performance, stable,fully compatible of 2.2 Froyo FRF91" what is in your mind?

The Desire is not availabe with US 3G Bands. At least, not for an affordable price. On the Go Solutions (an HTC storefront) wants $800 for the Desire. So, I purchased the Nexus One and ported the Desire ROM to it.

Well that could help, but what would you say about BT not working?

Known issue, which requires heavy work from Paul with the HTC Desire kernel source, since the current ROMs use Nexus One kernels, with some customizations by Paul. Customizations because the HTC stuff requires a lot of hooks in the kernel, which is why there was so much buzz when the source finally got released, as it gave hope of having a completely working ROM. Of course at around the same time, a million devices got released, then Froyo, so Paul is all over the place (and tweeted that he would reduce how many devices he support cuz he just can't do it all).

So, to get BT working, you have a couple of options:

1 - get a Desire or other HTC Sense phone

2 - use Froyo or other builds that don't use the Desire leaks, and have the proper drivers, hooks, everything for everything to work

3 - wait/pray/hope/complain/give up.

sns.

Guest stepinmyworld

THIS ROM WOULD BE FINE IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO ADD YOUR OWN APN SETTINGS AND YOU COULD TEXT MORE THAN LIKE 20 WORDS PER MESSAGE. it says the issue is fixed but its not. i loved this rom especially now that i have apps to sd and partitioned the card