OMNIA Pro 7610 micro SD card problem!!!!!!!!!

Guest passion_streak

I have the same problem sometimes.. When I want to open programs, all of a sudden the shortcuts seem broken, which seems to be the result of this error.

The thing I do now is remove the storage card ( for lets say 15 seconds ) and then put it back. The problem looks like a FAT table mismatch, so when re-inserting the card, the Tables get re-read and the card works fine again.

Not to forget, I also had to format the card ( 2 in 1 week a few weeks ago ), so I would really like to see a cause and solution to this problem.

I have the same problem sometimes.. When I want to open programs, all of a sudden the shortcuts seem broken, which seems to be the result of this error.

The thing I do now is remove the storage card ( for lets say 15 seconds ) and then put it back. The problem looks like a FAT table mismatch, so when re-inserting the card, the Tables get re-read and the card works fine again.

Not to forget, I also had to format the card ( 2 in 1 week a few weeks ago ), so I would really like to see a cause and solution to this problem.

hi.. i use sandisk 8GB.. got the same problems.. can you tell me whats yours?

WTF ... IT HAPPENED TO ME AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!! ..... :(

COME ON .. CAN SOME ONE HELP MEEEEEEEEEE

please change your topic name to "OMNIA micro SD problem" for this thread bro.. so everybody can see thats the major prolem is..

i think the problem is with class 2 micro SD.. i use the samsung 1 GB from the box.. and its fine.. i just bought v-gen 8 GB right now.. i'll let you know if any of this problem ever show up again..

the problem with v-gen is they say that 8GB microSD is class 2 HC microSD.. but the speed is definitely class 1.. its not a real class 2 microSD, so i'll give it a try first with my omnia pro..

i think the problem is with class 2 micro SD..

there might in fact be a problem with the class, but from what i can tell, i think there are at least 2 distinct problems:

1.) micro-sd suddendly can't be accessed during use. soft-reset or card removal helps (e.g. card itself seems to be ok, but access fails; maybe due to fat-table mismatch, according to Gydeon)

2.) micro-sd becomes really unusable. soft-reset/card removal doesn't help, card can't be read via cardreader in pc (e.g. card itself seems to be corrupt; i still think that this might be due to counterfeit cards)

after 5 months usage, i've *never* experienced problem 1 (i use a 8gb class 4 sandisk), however during a week using a 16gb class 2 sandisk i've experienced problem 2 a number of times.

i think it could really help clarify the situation, if everyone posted their cards (size, class, manufacturer) and exact problem (does card work after soft-reset/removal? does it work in pc? do other cards work without problems in phone?), as well as maybe whether they are on 6.1 or 6.5.x roms (6.1 in my case)

summary for me:

8gb, class4, sandisk, wm6.1 -> no prob ever

16gb, class2, sandisk, wm 6.1 -> prob 2

PS: agreed, threadtitle change would be helpful!

Guest passion_streak

i have changed the thread's title on request..

but the major problem remained unchanged ....... y m i still loosing my data ..... if class 2 cards wasnt supposed to be used with omnia pro , Samsung should have mentioned that . now i m stuck with this 16 gb card .. i dont think sandisk would change it .. .:( :( :( :( :(

Hey santoo bro read my thread on xda developers http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=636342

read the last post .. that guy is using 16 gigs class 6 ... & he is having the same problem .. so i guess it has nothing to do with class of the memory card .. coz class 6 should be more advanced then class 4 ... ISNT IT

Edited by passion_streak

Guest ttrevelian

For what i have read so far I believe that the problem is presented with 8 gb and 16gb cards (some at least) I wanted to get one 16 gb but after reading this thread I'll think twice about it.

4 GB, Class 2, Sandisk, WM 6.1 and 6.5 > no problem

Guest asbud

reporting day 2 with v-gen 8 GB microSD on WM6.5.. no problems..

with sandisk 8GB class 2 on WM6.5 get problem 1 on every minutes & hours.. & problem 2 in weeks.. with WM6.1 no problems.. but my B7610 is originally WM6.5 pre-installed.. looses audio when flashing to WM6.1..

Guest sunkadam

Yup, facing the same problem since 3 months. Number of cards changed=4. Stil the same crap persists. I've given up. Now using the good 'ol Internal storage. Hope somebody finds a solution, quick. :( :(

Guest Gydeon

I've experienced the same problem a couple of times...

BUT...

since i've turned all the anti-virus and auto-backup software off ( at least, no more backups from memory card ), i've never had this problem again.

So I think this might have something to do with scanning or backing-up files from the memory card, while you're using the memory card.

I used Microsoft MyPhone, Dr. Web Anti-virus and Lookout Mobile for scanning and backing up data. Since i've turned these off, i have not experienced any sd-corruption.

Don't know if this is the cause, but it might have something to do with it. My advise is to back-up important data on the memory drives every once or twice in a week, so you won't lose to many data in case of corruption. When your card reader on de PC can still access the card, you can recover SOME data, but you'll always lose some...

And not to forget, in case of a corruption, first try to remove the SD card, wait 10-15 seconds, and then put it back. Sometimes, the problem is over after re-inserting.

Maybe everyone should post along whether they use automatic back-up software ( like the ones mentioned above, or others like SPB Backup, Sprite Backup etc. ). If it's the same software that we all use, it might be a software bug that causes us to lose our precious data :( :(

Guest santoo
Maybe everyone should post along whether they use automatic back-up software

been using spb backup (auto 1/week) for a couple of months and sprite backup (auto 1/week) for 2 weeks or so with no problems at all

(as mentioned, i only had prob 2 with a completely new sd card. at that time i didn't yet have backupsw reinstalled)

asbud's post leads me to ask a question especially to all the guys having prob1 (sd card can be recovered by softreset/card removal): do you all have 6.5.x roms, or does this happen to 6.1s as well?

Edited by santoo

Guest passion_streak
Hey guys .. i had this awful problem on my b7610. My storage card got wiped out .. dunno y .. just out of the blues .. everything got deleted ..all i could see was few unreadable large files that were abt 700 mb & 120mb... with some weird names ( actually symbols)

This has happened to me once .. but this sucker deleted all 16 gb of storage :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

i saw this thread too http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...in-memory-card/

but this thread doesnt gave any definate solution .. :( :(

IS THERE SOME PATCH OR SOMETHING .. """""""""""""i m using original windows mobile 6.1 rom""""""""

WAKE UP SANTOOOOO BRO... OPEN UR EYES

Guest santoo
WAKE UP SANTOOOOO BRO... OPEN UR EYES

oh my god! 38 posts and I didn't remember the content of every single one - I am SO sorry passion_streak.

joking aside, this seems to be a dead end too, thx for the reminder

Guest passion_streak

SAMSUNG OMNIA PRO IS MY WORST PHONE EVER !!!!!!!! I M REALLY HATING IT NOW..............RING DELAYS .. MEMORY CARD PROBLEMS .. ITS FULL OF SH*T

Edited by passion_streak

Guest Night234

Ok first of all: Passion, stop posting useless Postings. We get it, you have the SD-Card Problem and you are mad. But posting in all capital letters and just whining about it will not solve it. It might actually make it worse seeing as peroble who want to help just stop reading this thread because of someone who is just anoying.

Now back to topic:

I just had it happen to me again and i didn't even touch the phone these past few days accept for normal usage i.e. sms and phone calls. So i didn't even move any new big files to it.

Doing a soft reset seems to have fixed it ... for now anyway.

I don't use any backup software, i have the original unbranded 6.5.

I am starting to lean towards buying a new smaller card in the hope of fixing this.

--

Edit: Did anyone solve this problem by formating the Card with their PC and the use of a special formating-software?

Edited by Night234

Guest passion_streak

Night234 thanx for ur valuable advice ... BUT I DONT NEED IT .. i have an advice for u .. SHUT UPPPPPPPPPP .. OK got it .. if moderators dont have any probs abt my posts in Capitals .. who r u to tell me what to post & what not to post .. of corse its my thread & i wanna keep it updated .. So plsssssss SHUT UR MOUTH

Edited by passion_streak

Guest new2city

calm down guys. 6 day result from me.

Lost all my 16Gb data on Tuesday. Luckily, I backupped. Well, this time, I formatted using Panasonic's SD format app(version 2.0), instead of Vista's. So far, still fine today, no weird folders, no missing data that require soft reset.

Only precaution, I took so far,

Not leaving a app running( ebook for example) with file located on SD card, open and lettting the phone go on standby.

It's still early to jump to conclusions, but I am still monitoring and so far, its good..

I'm on stock 6.5 build 21868 BTW...

Guest santoo

hey night234, thanks for a *productive* post <_<

I just had it happen to me again and i didn't even touch the phone these past few days accept for normal usage i.e. sms and phone calls. So i didn't even move any new big files to it.

during normal usage, do you access the sd card (e.g using programs that are installed to the card)?

Edit: Did anyone solve this problem by formating the Card with their PC and the use of a special formating-software?

prob 1 (card becomes completely garbled & soft reset wont help) happened with the card formatted by the phone, by win xp, by win7 and by some special card formatting tool on the pc (forgot the name) - no difference

two other ideas: might this (at least prob 2, where soft reset helps) be related to low power when reading/writing from/to card?

2nd idea: are there different tranches of our phones? (slight changes in the actual hardware, which would cause some to experience one or both of these problems, and others not)

Guest sumeshf

I too faced this issue 3 times with the stock 2GB Sandisk card. All the 3 times it happened after 2-3 hrs after disconnecting the USB cable from PC.

However it has not yet happened with my new 8GB Class4 card. It has been stable for the last 2 months.

Guest tacchan23
Night234 thanx for ur valuable advice ... BUT I DONT NEED IT .. i have an advice for u .. SHUT UPPPPPPPPPP .. OK got it .. if moderators dont have any probs abt my posts in Capitals .. who r u to tell me what to post & what not to post .. of corse its my thread & i wanna keep it updated .. So plsssssss SHUT UR MOUTH

please moderate ur tone, if you don't appreciate the advices given you are free to go post your problems in another forum.

Guest passion_streak
please moderate ur tone, if you don't appreciate the advices given you are free to go post your problems in another forum.

r u kiddin on me .. u feel this is some kinda " ADVICE " .. calling me ANNOYING ... WOW.. GREAT MR. Moderator . i started this thread . Now with 1300+ views & abt 46 posts , we r trying to solve the problem & keep the thread updated and a guy with mere 4 posts is giving me " ADVICE ".. & u think i should moderate .

Edited by passion_streak

Guest santoo
r u kiddin on me .. u feel this is some kinda " ADVICE " .. calling me ANNOYING ... WOW.. GREAT MR. Moderator . i started this thread . Now with 1300+ views & abt 46 posts , we r trying to solve the problem & keep the thread updated and a guy with mere 4 posts is giving me " ADVICE ".. & u think i should moderate .

passion_streak: please do a quick count of your posts in this thread and try to group them into constructive and non-constructive. if this is not sufficient to enlighten you, you may do the same for other people posting in this (or other) threads & compare your results with theirs to see whether the feedback might be vaild.

i am not judging, i'm merely suggesting a way a way how you could judge (for) yourself <_<

Guest passion_streak
passion_streak: please do a quick count of your posts in this thread and try to group them into constructive and non-constructive. if this is not sufficient to enlighten you, you may do the same for other people posting in this (or other) threads & compare your results with theirs to see whether the feedback might be vaild.

i am not judging, i'm merely suggesting a way a way how you could judge (for) yourself <_<

WELL IF I HAD THE SOLUTION .. I WOULDNT HAVE STARTED THIS THREAD ...

Guest Night234

@passion: I didn't call you anoying but the way you are posting is. All capital letters is usually interpreted as virtual screaming, that plus a lot of mistakes and some other things is well ... anoying. Just try read your post again after you write it.

@new2city: Thx for the testing, i really apreciate the feedback and am hoping that, using the panasonic (or any other 3rd party) formating software that is more in line with the SD-Standard, will do the trick.

Does anyone know of a program which we could use to analyse our SD Cards? I ask this for two reasons. Nr.1 there seems to be a lot of fake cards out there. These will go corrupt once you pass their actual capacity. Nr.2 I would like to see what class my card is.

If we could find some tool that would do that we might be able to round up some data of cards that work, cards that don't work and might be able to see a pattern. Of course with the added bonus to sort out the fakes and help some of us get their money back.