[solved] link to manual brightness(backlight) setting

Guest santoo

Guest santoo

hi everyone,

i'm trying (and failing) to get a link to the (manual) brightness-settings that should normally show up under start-> settings -> system -> backlight. it doesn't show up under my standard wm settings (6.1 rom) - i can only adjust this setting via samsung-settings (\windows\settingmain.exe);

after a lot of searching, i've tried creating links to 'ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,6' (and 6,0 and 6,1 and 6,2), however, this only gives me the battery & external power settings for brightness (which i don't need, as i can access them fine from the wm settings panel) - it does NOT give me a link to the manual brightness settings screen :(

is this a general b7610 problem (ie samsung redirecting to their own stuff, possibly backlight.dll)? wm 6.1 & wm6.5? or can anyone manually control brightness from the standard wm settings?

TIA!

PS: failing that, does anyone know of a simple program to change backlight manually? i've tried numerous (lumos, mylight, lighttoggle, etc), none works for me. spb ms would have a brightness widget which i'd love to use, but it looks like that doesn't show up, unless the setting it accesses can be found in wm settings...

Edited by santoo

Guest santoo

damn, why do search for hours, then start a new topic, than do a final search & final the answer within seconds :(

solution for anyone with the same problem: create a link to

"\windows\setting_t.exe /sc_br" et voilĂ 

hth! :(

and in case anyone wants to create links to any other wm settings:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...ksAndParameters

Edited by santoo