[ROM] [Android 2.1] Raidroid 1.1, Eris 2.1 Port EVEN FASTER!

Guest RaiderX303

Guest stevenz
Sorry but Exchange dont work ! That stops me from using this one !!

Please post if/when fixed :P

Fix from the previous page:

Looks like you may just need to edit the /system/build.prop file and change the 2 instances of "HTC Hero" to "HTCHero" and then reboot. Did that here and I've now got my secure exchange email from work going.

Use;

adb pull /system/build.prop

to copy the file to your PC, edit the file in a text editor and change the text as above, then use;

adb push /system/build.prop

to restore it to the phone, restart the phone and Exchange will start going.

Or look in the xda forum for an update.zip to do the same job.

Guest Lessthantito
thanks no wonder it didnt work on my sprint hero

haha sorry to laugh but im pretty sure that's the best wasy to have a pretty Phone shaped paper weight

• 1 month later...
Guest alanakko

this is the only 2.1 rom that actually works for me, and i,ve tried just about all of them!

my only issue is the flashing trackball and thats nothing

good work man :)

Edited by alanakko

Guest jaffacake
this is the only 2.1 rom that actually works for me, and i,ve tried just about all of them!

my only issue is the flashing trackball and thats nothing

good work man :)

Upgraded to this ROM last night, working extremely well and much better than expected.

It's faster and smoother than the latest MCR and bluetooth working fine in my car.

Seen a couple of Sense crashes, but not annoying enough to stop me using it.

Guest munita

I'm using this rom and it's really good, other than the fact that I get a "the process com.htc.bgp has stopped unexpectedly. please try again." error everytime the weather widget or the calendar tries to refresh.

can anyone help me out?

edit: ok, I cleared the calendar's cache and everything seems to be working great now.

It's by far the best 2.1 I've tried so far

Edited by munita

Guest Wite_Noiz

Definitely the best of the 2.1 ROMs I've tried, but is there a reason that apps2sd doesn't work with an ext4 partition?

Also, what's the easiest way to either remove the boot "quietly brilliant" sound or just tone down the volume? That sucker be LOUD

Thanks for your great work!

Guest maxseemo

Hi, Im also using this rom and its good to be able to add better apps.

How can I get GPS to work though?

The thing looks to be sending signal but never gets a hold of any satelites!

Anyway it's good rom... oh and I agree about the start up... quietly brilliant... yet blows your ear drums out!

oh and how to fix the sound on phone ringing?

It plays for a second then auto kills the sound.

Guest jaffacake
Definitely the best of the 2.1 ROMs I've tried, but is there a reason that apps2sd doesn't work with an ext4 partition?

It doesn't? That would explain a lot!

How did you confirm this?

Also, what's the easiest way to either remove the boot "quietly brilliant" sound or just tone down the volume? That sucker be LOUD

Thanks for your great work!

Yeah, it's UNBELIEVABLY loud. Enough to make me find out how to fix it.

As the fix applies to all ROMs, I'll start a new thread to share the info.

Guest jaffacake

Actually, my fix isn't working just yet.

All the boot details are stored in /system/media/bootscreen

There is a file in there called boot_animation.xml that stores the configuration of the graphic and sound in use and whether audio is enabled.

I've copied the file off my phone. I've edited the file to set audio=0

I can't get the file back on the phone as I have a read only file system.

Anybody help do the last step?

Guest DarthOps
Actually, my fix isn't working just yet.

All the boot details are stored in /system/media/bootscreen

There is a file in there called boot_animation.xml that stores the configuration of the graphic and sound in use and whether audio is enabled.

I've copied the file off my phone. I've edited the file to set audio=0

I can't get the file back on the phone as I have a read only file system.

Anybody help do the last step?

err not sure, try

adb remount

then use

adb push <local> <remote>

where <local> is C:\blah\blah\blah\boot_animation.xml

and <remote> is /system/media/bootscreen/boot_animation.xml

I think :rolleyes:

Edited by DarthOps

Guest Wite_Noiz
It doesn't? That would explain a lot!

How did you confirm this?

It didn't work and someone else mentioned it, so I partitioned in ext3 and all was well.

Careful copying across from 1.5 though; something was freezing at boot so I had to selectively move apks across.

For your other post, I think you'll need to create an update zip and flash from recovery.

Good find, though; I'll try that when I get home.

Guest jaffacake
err not sure, try

adb remount

then use

adb push <local> <remote>

where <local> is C:\blah\blah\blah\boot_animation.xml

and <remote> is /system/media/bootscreen/boot_animation.xml

I think :rolleyes:

Nice one! That worked just fine, not to post that new thread.

Guest twyt88

Just installed this ROM everything worked well, except for the following:

When I'm in gmail, Emails with embedded pictures does not show up when I hit "Show Pictures". Instead it has the "?" icon.

I've tried this on both wifi and mobile networks, and I confirm I do have a good data link (ie I can browse the Internet immediately before and after I entered into gmail)

Has anyone seen the same problem? Or how can I debug this problelm?

Thanxs in advance

TT

Guest G1zm0

Hi Guys, Just loaded this Rom and its great, apart from the issue of battery life. I was wondering how many hours everyone else is getting? I seem to lose almost half my battery life within a couple of hours!

Cheers!

Guest Musicmannetje

This ROM actually looks pretty good!

There are some differences with the goold ol' MCR 3.2 ROM. The data is steady at 2G, while I used to have a 3G/H reception, every now and then.

App2sd works wel.. I wiped the ext3 partition before flashing, and copied the old ext3 partition back after install. Even GPS works, mail notification, etc.

Today, the complete phone crashed and rebooted. It sometimes happened that Sense restarted, but never a full crash. I'm monitoring that closely, because this is not funny. The advantage of the loud bootsound is that you will be notified instantly when a reboot/crash happens.

I am trying to find out how to disable the menu button, bringing the phone outof standby and into the home screen (without the wipe to unlock). That could cause problems, i fear, carrying the phone in your pocket.

The only main problem now is to get CoPilot live working again.

Thanks for the hard work!.

Guest Wite_Noiz
This ROM actually looks pretty good!

There are some differences with the goold ol' MCR 3.2 ROM. The data is steady at 2G, while I used to have a 3G/H reception, every now and then.

App2sd works wel.. I wiped the ext3 partition before flashing, and copied the old ext3 partition back after install. Even GPS works, mail notification, etc.

Today, the complete phone crashed and rebooted. It sometimes happened that Sense restarted, but never a full crash. I'm monitoring that closely, because this is not funny. The advantage of the loud bootsound is that you will be notified instantly when a reboot/crash happens.

I am trying to find out how to disable the menu button, bringing the phone outof standby and into the home screen (without the wipe to unlock). That could cause problems, i fear, carrying the phone in your pocket.

The only main problem now is to get CoPilot live working again.

Thanks for the hard work!.

Similar feedback from me. Worked flawlessly for a few days and then rebooted itself. Since then my apps (on SD) have been coming and going sporadically and general stability on all fronts is shakey.

As of yesterday, the com.android.phone service was FC'ing after having a connection for about 30 seconds (even with data connection switched off), so I dropped back to 1.5 as I was out and about.

Will hopefully have some time for a clean rebuild today.

For the battery life issue, do a forum search. There's a secret screen of settings for the aerial that you need to type a code in to the phone for (somthing like "*#*#46#*"). This boosted my battery to MCR 3.2 levels and gave me even better 3G reception than MCR 3.2 or stock ROM.

Guest maxseemo
For the battery life issue, do a forum search. There's a secret screen of settings for the aerial that you need to type a code in to the phone for (somthing like "*#*#46#*"). This boosted my battery to MCR 3.2 levels and gave me even better 3G reception than MCR 3.2 or stock ROM.

Hey a link them settings would be helpful... you know?

AND HOW DO I GET GPS TO WORK?

please someone, my damn gps can't even link to a space junk old soviet union floating debris satellite!!!!

edit: oh nevermind i re installed radio and gps is fine now.

Edited by maxseemo

Guest Omertron

First off, thanks for this ROM, this is my first custom ROM applied to my hero. I have just 2 issues, the first is the awful battery life:

I've searched too, but can't find that post or code on the forum.

Additionally I have a problem with my UK T-Mobile Hero upgraded to this ROM that won't browse the internet or download items through applications. The web browser works fine as does the market place. However, images won't download from Gmail and Astrid won't connect to rememberthemilk web page for authentication.

Does anyone have an idea of why? I'd hate to have to look at another ROM, but I can't live without these "minor" things

Guest mad_mattx
Fix from the previous page:

Use;

adb pull /system/build.prop

to copy the file to your PC, edit the file in a text editor and change the text as above, then use;

adb push /system/build.prop

to restore it to the phone, restart the phone and Exchange will start going.

Or look in the xda forum for an update.zip to do the same job.

Hi stevenz, i'm a complete novice when it comes to command lines.

Could you please post a link to this update.zip as I could not find it on the xda forum.

Thanks for your help

Matt

Guest maxseemo
Is there any way to over clock this ROM? Tried using setCPU but it doesn't seem to have any affect

Hey guy if you go to XDA and search for "legendroid rom" you can find good info on page 29 of that thread.

Use one of the recommended kernels and overclocking works.

I'm using Ben22 and my phone is running super crisp! (install Autokiller too).

Edited by maxseemo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest samosan

Hi all,

Firstly, wanna say what a great ROM you've put together, been using it for a week now, I'm it seems pretty stable, some very minor gripes that I can live with (even the battery life is ok, last about 1.5days).

however, there's 2 things I want to ask you guys for help for, namely: -

1) Gmail doesn't seem to be "pushing" to my Hero anymore, only after a manual refresh or a point during the small hours does it refresh. This is important for me, as I rely on my mail(s) a lot.

2) The GPS doesn't seem to be working, or at least not getting a satellite after 5mins (not a lock, a read on *one* satellite). Even after reflashing the latest radio, it hasn't helped.

If anyone can help on either one or both these issues, I'd be very grateful.