Verizon 2.1 ROM for HERO

Guest rob_turner_uk

Guest rob_turner_uk

A few peeps on twitter reckon that Verizon have released their 2.1 ROM. I fired up MoDaCo expecting to find it ready to be flashed.

Any ideas???

Guest Arthur Hucksake
A few peeps on twitter reckon that Verizon have released their 2.1 ROM. I fired up MoDaCo expecting to find it ready to be flashed.

Any ideas???

lol I think we'll be waiting awhile yet tbh. Newer phones are getting all the love right now.

Guest mikecoffee

Any ideas???

Head over to Xda I've flashed villians 2.1 Eris it rocks

Edited by mikecoffee

Guest mikecoffee
Thats a rom made for the DROID ported to be used o

Im waiting for the real 2.1 made for Hero no ports n stuff

This is real Droid Eris is the cdma hero for Verizon the Droid aka milestone is still on 2.01 not 2.1 Google is your friend

Guest nahrwoldinternet

This may be a stupid newbie question:

If the Droid Eris is a CDMA phone, why are all the ROM ports GSM?

(Like I said, this is coming from a newbie - I just got my first android phone, a CDMA hero from nTelos, 3 days ago, heard rooting it may be a good idea, and did a ton of searching before I found the right way to root it... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=581869 - Now running MoDaCo 2.2)

Guest paulosman
This may be a stupid newbie question:

If the Droid Eris is a CDMA phone, why are all the ROM ports GSM?

(Like I said, this is coming from a newbie - I just got my first android phone, a CDMA hero from nTelos, 3 days ago, heard rooting it may be a good idea, and did a ton of searching before I found the right way to root it... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=581869 - Now running MoDaCo 2.2)

There are CDMA Hero ports for the Eris leak too but the GSM devs have been porting it for us GSM users too so everyone can enjoy it.

And enjoying it, I am. Freakin awesome, all of them.