Can someone help me understand?

Guest hah2110

Guest hah2110

Baseband vs. Radio and what I can and can't use on my Baked Goods 1.1? Also, will a Nandroid backup/restore take care of the radio if something doesn't work right? I want to try other radios for battery life but am not sure what I can and can't do.

Baseband vs. Radio and what I can and can't use on my Baked Goods 1.1? Also, will a Nandroid backup/restore take care of the radio if something doesn't work right? I want to try other radios for battery life but am not sure what I can and can't do.

Nandroid restore won't touch the radio version. So you have to manually upgrade/downgrade your radio using the zip files provided in these forums for example.

Every radio SHOULD work with any rom, but there can be hiccups.

Guest hah2110
Nandroid restore won't touch the radio version. So you have to manually upgrade/downgrade your radio using the zip files provided in these forums for example.

Every radio SHOULD work with any rom, but there can be hiccups.

What is the baseband version mean?

Guest lars1110
What is the baseband version mean?

baseband version = your radio version

basically its just a number that tells you what version it is and you can find more info about the baseband your running on your phone by looking it up on google.

for me im just going to stick with latest radio but if someone can prove to me that older versions are better im willing to switch back :)

Edited by lars1110