27/May r2 - Desire Camera application on Nexus One (MCR/CM/Enomther)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest DistortedLoop

I'd like to see an update that works with Cyanogen 5.0.7 that doesn't break WiFi or require flashing another kernel package again.

Does anyone have the combo of CM_5.0.7.x working with Desire camera without any additonal kernel flashing?

Hadn't been an issue for me in the past as I'd been using pershoot's kernels on top of Cyanogen, but now that Cyanogen has incorporated most of pershoot's kernel mods, and pershoot is focusing on kernel 2.6.34 (which breaks video recording), I'm kind of left hanging with choosing either an older kernel or no Desire cam.

Current option for me that seems to be only thing that works is flash Cyanogen 5.0.7.1, then apply r2-Desire, then flash an older pershoot kernel. I suppose I could fastboot the boot.img from 5.0.7.1 after those other steps to end up back with, though that takes a non-Recovery step, which means can't play with this stuff on the fly any longer.

Guest necrogt4

Damn...

So is it more of a case of fiddling with the APK's contents to satisfy dependencies and just forcing it to work for ROMs other than the one it was intended for then?

Guest Hasibul
r16 has it in the kitchen.

P

Actually I don't see it in the kitchen. In fact, the images in the kitchen don't even show up for me.

Guest DistortedLoop
Will be able to just flash the cam right over CM5.7.1 without using another kernel??? thanks in advanced...

I haven't tried it yet, but a guy over on XDA in the CM thread says that that is the case. I won't try it until the next time I need to flash the ROM, I've got everything working fine with the last cam and pershoot's kernel.

Guest phillirm

I have flashed this using the latest stable cyanogen rom (5.0.7.1) and have noticed the following:

Set ISO to 100 and flash on.

Take picture in dark place

Flash fires but seems to be at the wrong time, as it doesn't affect the picture.

Reset the camera settings to default and try again

Flash fires and exposes picture properly.

Any ideas anyone?

I'd quite like to be able to set the ISO low and then correct for exposure in post-processing as opposed to having to get rid of the noise banding that appears on high iso with a camera phone.

No biggy if this can't be fixed, still prefer this to the stock N1 camera.

Guest Rino808

I had a weird thing that happened to me today...i was taking pictures and when i took a look at the photos in the gallery...the photos i took wasnt there..but instead there were photos that i recently took and deleted...anyone had this happen to them...is this a bug??? i really dont want to delete photos and then take a photo and send what i took to someone and its something i dont want them to see...lol if you know what i mean...thanks in advanced...

Guest waterc00l
I had a weird thing that happened to me today...i was taking pictures and when i took a look at the photos in the gallery...the photos i took wasnt there..but instead there were photos that i recently took and deleted...anyone had this happen to them...is this a bug??? i really dont want to delete photos and then take a photo and send what i took to someone and its something i dont want them to see...lol if you know what i mean...thanks in advanced...

download sdrescan from the market.. should solve this problem..

Guest Rino808

Thanks Water...BTW Paul, i know that you are busy with the dell streak...CM just came out with 5.8 and the desire video cam crashes and reboots the phone...if you have time could you take a look at it so that we can have the full functions of the desire cam again on CM's 5.8...thanks in advanced...

Guest micromod777
Thanks Water...BTW Paul, i know that you are busy with the dell streak...CM just came out with 5.8 and the desire video cam crashes and reboots the phone...if you have time could you take a look at it so that we can have the full functions of the desire cam again on CM's 5.8...thanks in advanced...

Yes, please update for CM8! :)

Guest carlito88
I have flashed this using the latest stable cyanogen rom (5.0.7.1) and have noticed the following:

Set ISO to 100 and flash on.

Take picture in dark place

Flash fires but seems to be at the wrong time, as it doesn't affect the picture.

Reset the camera settings to default and try again

Flash fires and exposes picture properly.

Any ideas anyone?

I'd quite like to be able to set the ISO low and then correct for exposure in post-processing as opposed to having to get rid of the noise banding that appears on high iso with a camera phone.

No biggy if this can't be fixed, still prefer this to the stock N1 camera.

(sorry for my bad english .. I use Google translator)

I have the same problem..

CM 5.0.7.1 & R2 for cm 5.0.7.1

- Flash is out of sync . the image is captured when the flash is going off

- Poor quality of image. With 5 mpx resolution and Quality: High if i go in gallery and try to zoom an image , it is grainy (I don't think the translation is correct but in Italy we say "grainy" when you see the pixels and the image quality is poor)

this happens to you?

Thanks, Carlo.