Problem with HTC Hero returning to Stock ROM

Guest darms9805

Guest darms9805

Dear All,

Good day to you all! Basically, I'm a newbie towards Android Industry, software,etc. And recently I've purchased HTC Hero from some online website and it came with a rooted software version.

Well, I'm in Asia so basically I've downloaded the stock ROM (file name: RUU_Hero_HTC_Asia_SEA_WWE_2.73.728.5_release_signed_NoDriver.exe) which I tried to flash it through HTC Sync and I keep getting the error message stated below:

Hero CVT SHIP S-ON

HBOOT-1.76.0007 (Hero10000)

Microp-010f

Touch Pane-Syn0104

Radio-6.35.06.18

Aug 4 2009 19:43:30

RUU USB

(Three Droids on skateboard)

-------------> Actually what does it means this way? Is it because I have a different ROM? or different region? I am staying in Asia (Malaysia)

Thank you and I would appreciate it a lot if someone can explain & provide me a step by step guide instruction to return to stock rom. Or even better, provide me a link to download the stock/original ROM from HTC.

As checked, my HTC is from HongKong. Thank you and looking forward for any expert's reply.

Guest Dr. dre
Dear All,

Good day to you all! Basically, I'm a newbie towards Android Industry, software,etc. And recently I've purchased HTC Hero from some online website and it came with a rooted software version.

Well, I'm in Asia so basically I've downloaded the stock ROM (file name: RUU_Hero_HTC_Asia_SEA_WWE_2.73.728.5_release_signed_NoDriver.exe) which I tried to flash it through HTC Sync and I keep getting the error message stated below:

Hero CVT SHIP S-ON

Microp-010f

Touch Pane-Syn0104

Radio-6.35.06.18

RUU USB

-------------> Actually what does it means this way? Is it because I have a different ROM? or different region? I am staying in Asia (Malaysia)

Thank you and I would appreciate it a lot if someone can explain & provide me a step by step guide instruction to return to stock rom. Or even better, provide me a link to download the stock/original ROM from HTC.

As checked, my HTC is from HongKong. Thank you and looking forward for any expert's reply.

Do you want to put your whole phone to stock or just the ROM.

If it is just the ROM go here :-

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...t-for-gsm-hero/

If you want to go in for a Custom ROM then go here :-

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...online-kitchen/

If you want to return the whole phone to stock go here :-

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=559622

Edited by Dr. dre

Guest Carl_Brummy
Dear All,

Hero CVT SHIP S-ON

Microp-010f

Touch Pane-Syn0104

Radio-6.35.06.18

RUU USB

Hi,

I am sure you just need to run the RUU utility directly to install all the images which will take you back to stock. It should be an exe file that you extract from the download. You dont need HTC sync for this, please correct me if this is wrong...

Did you put in the serial number of the phone to download this or just get it from another source?

That is of course if you have the correct utility for your phone handset. Not sure on where they would be located, but the HTC website would be a good start.

Carl.

Guest darms9805
Do you want to put your whole phone to stock or just the ROM.

If it is just the ROM go here :-

If you want to go in for a Custom ROM then go here :-

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...online-kitchen/

If you want to return the whole phone to stock go here :-

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=559622

Thank you the link as provided. I would love to stock my whole phone back to original. But with the problem (as status above), once HTC official release the latest firmware, is it possible for me to install the latest ROM from HTC Web?

Because I've downloaded the Asia region before and it gives me such error. I've confirmed my Hero is from Hongkong, and it should be allocated as Asia Region isn't it? But at the end, I still couldn't stock the phone back to it's original's.

Thank you in advance in helping out this matter and please forgive me for my dumpness...

Edited by darms9805

Guest darms9805
Hi,

I am sure you just need to run the RUU utility directly to install all the images which will take you back to stock. It should be an exe file that you extract from the download. You dont need HTC sync for this, please correct me if this is wrong...

Did you put in the serial number of the phone to download this or just get it from another source?

That is of course if you have the correct utility for your phone handset. Not sure on where they would be located, but the HTC website would be a good start.

Carl.

Hi Carl,

Yes, running the RUU utility still requires and ensured that your phone is sync-ed with HTC software. I'm not sure whether there are still other ways to bring back the whole phone to stock.

No, I did not put the Serial Number and which I got the RUU utility from somewhere else, this is why I keep wondering if it's the exe problem (which doesn't suit my phone) or my phone restrict it from going back to stock.

Utility? So far as I know, HTC web only offers HTC Sync at the moment. There are no other utility (as I know) that allows you to format back to where it used to be.

Darms

Guest Dr. dre
Thank you the link as provided. I would love to stock my whole phone back to original. But with the problem (as status above), once HTC official release the latest firmware, is it possible for me to install the latest ROM from HTC Web?

Because I've downloaded the Asia region before and it gives me such error. I've confirmed my Hero is from Hongkong, and it should be allocated as Asia Region isn't it? But at the end, I still couldn't stock the phone back to it's original's.

First of all can you please tell me the information given in the 'About Phone' Tab in settings.

AND

If the phone is rooted currently, what you do is just flash an Unlocked SPL from here :-

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...l-for-gsm-hero/

and after that you can install any RUU you want to install, Personally If you are not planning to root your phone again in future then I would recommend to go for this version :-

RUU_Hero_HTC_WWE_2.73.405.66_WWE_test_signed_NoDri ver.exe

OR

If you plan to root your phone in future again, Then I recommend to go for this version :-

RUU_Hero_HTC_WWE_2.73.405.5_WWE_release_signed_NoD river.exe

As this one is easy to root again.

Guest darms9805
First of all can you please tell me the information given in the 'About Phone' Tab in settings.

AND

If the phone is rooted currently, what you do is just flash an Unlocked SPL from here :-

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...l-for-gsm-hero/

and after that you can install any RUU you want to install, Personally If you are not planning to root your phone again in future then I would recommend to go for this version :-

RUU_Hero_HTC_WWE_2.73.405.66_WWE_test_signed_NoDri ver.exe

OR

If you plan to root your phone in future again, Then I recommend to go for this version :-

RUU_Hero_HTC_WWE_2.73.405.5_WWE_release_signed_NoD river.exe

As this one is easy to root again.

Thank you for your response and here are the details upon your request:

Model Number: HTC Hero

Firmware Version: 1.5

Baseband Version: 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26

Kernel Version: 2.6.27-8dd6deee htc-kernel@and18-2)

Build Number: 2.73.751.4

Software Version: 1.0.0.A6288

As I'm still in dilemma whether to keep my phone rooted or unroot. What is the benefits of both rooted and unrooted version? Thank you very much in advance. And sorry for being so numb.

Darms

Guest Dr. dre
As I'm still in dilemma whether to keep my phone rooted or unroot. What is the benefits of both rooted and unrooted version? Thank you very much in advance. And sorry for being so numb.

The thing is it is better to atleast keep a custom recovery image on your phone so that anytime if you want to gain root access to your phone you can always flash a custom ROM and you gain access to your device but if you don't have a custom image the problem is that you can you have to stick to the official HTC ROM's only. Whereas in custom recovery you can try many other ROM's as well as you can also flash an official untouched ROM which you get from HTC and other cool stuff, so I personally suggest you keep a Custom recovery image, So you can control your phone as you want it to work.

Guest hally83
Thank you for your response and here are the details upon your request:

Model Number: HTC Hero

Firmware Version: 1.5

Baseband Version: 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26

Kernel Version: 2.6.27-8dd6deee htc-kernel@and18-2)

Build Number: 2.73.751.4

Software Version: 1.0.0.A6288

Darms

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but that doesnt look like a rooted phone to me! The details you have posted seem to suggest your phone has a stock unrooted rom.

Guest Dr. dre
Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but that doesnt look like a rooted phone to me! The details you have posted seem to suggest your phone has a stock unrooted rom.

+1

Dude you are right, actually I didn't noticed the build no. at that time, because this build no. is not available by paul or anybody else in a .zip format to be flashed by custom recovery.

Guest darms9805

Dear Dr.Dre & Hally83,

Yes, because I just updated my phone through the link as you provided (http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero-hero-modaco-com/291942/22-jan-stock-roms-radios-in-update-zip-format-for-gsm-hero/). And after doing that, I went to (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=559622) and try to install RUU_Hero_HTC_Asia_SEA_WWE_2.73.728.5_release_signe d_NoDriver.exe (thru HTC Sync & double click on the exe) but i still got the same problem which I've posted on my first entry.

If let's say HTC official ROM has release (Android 2.1), can I cannot use official HTC ROM with my current configuration? All I want to be sure is that I'm able to update to Android 2.1 (Official HTC ROM)

Thank you in advance.

Guest Dr. dre
If let's say HTC official ROM has release (Android 2.1), can I cannot use official HTC ROM with my current configuration? All I want to be sure is that I'm able to update to Android 2.1 (Official HTC ROM)

As I said if you have rooted your phone you can do anything on your phone, you can flash any ROM it can be a Hero 2.1 ROM or Legend ported to Hero 2.1 ROM.

You can FLASH ANY ROM on your device which is for hero and I mean ANY.

Guest Carl_Brummy
As I said if you have rooted your phone you can do anything on your phone, you can flash any ROM it can be a Hero 2.1 ROM or Legend ported to Hero 2.1 ROM.

+1 from me on this, Dr. Dre, is bang on, if your phone is rooted, you can flash any custom version of the ROM for your handset (as long as it is compatible hardware!)

On the "Not having a stock version" issue, Paul will surely create a custom version of the stock ROM with all the usual MCR enhancements almost immediately, and you can simply flash as you have done with a custom ROM.

PS From my perspective, it appears that your handset serial is not suitably matched for the RUU you are trying to flash, that as far as I know, is the only reason this would not work. It would normally flash everything, SPL, Loader, ROM, Recovery image...the lot, and you would lose any data you have on the phone. SO backup anything that is essential first.

You look like you have a latest radio image on there, a standard loader (SPL) and ROM. So if you can find the correct RUU for your phone/carrier/region then you can restore your phone to stock.

Question though, how did you flash a new radio (unless it came with the stock rom??)

Carl.

Edited by Carl_Brummy

Guest darms9805

Dr Dre,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your patient in this matter. I've got your point already! Thank you very very much, I really appreciate the help that you've provided.

darms

Guest darms9805
+1 from me on this, Dr. Dre, is bang on, if your phone is rooted, you can flash any custom version of the ROM for your handset (as long as it is compatible hardware!)

On the "Not having a stock version" issue, Paul will surely create a custom version of the stock ROM with all the usual MCR enhancements almost immediately, and you can simply flash as you have done with a custom ROM.

PS From my perspective, it appears that your handset serial is not suitably matched for the RUU you are trying to flash, that as far as I know, is the only reason this would not work. It would normally flash everything, SPL, Loader, ROM, Recovery image...the lot, and you would lose any data you have on the phone. SO backup anything that is essential first.

You look like you have a latest radio image on there, a standard loader (SPL) and ROM. So if you can find the correct RUU for your phone/carrier/region then you can restore your phone to stock.

Question though, how did you flash a new radio (unless it came with the stock rom??)

Carl.

Carl,

Thank you so much. I was thinking that way too, handset serial is not suitably matched for the RUU that I've downloaded. Because i did a couple research on the error message that I had, most of them stated that it's RUU is not suitable with handset serial.

As for my radio, I downloaded at the link below. Easy, I just place the downloaded files on the root of my SD and rename it to update.zip. While pressing home + power button and do the usual flash sequence. -------->if i'm able to do this, is it considered rooted phone

Thank you!

Edited by darms9805

Guest Dr. dre
As for my radio, I downloaded at the link below. Easy, I just place the downloaded files on the root of my SD and rename it to update.zip. While pressing home + power button and do the usual flash sequence. -------->if i'm able to do this, is it considered rooted phone

Does the recovery image look something like this or similar to this :-

post-640743-1270092334_thumb.png

Edited by Dr. dre

• 1 year later...
Guest Blackout82

Hi.

I've got rooted hero with amon ra recovery 1.7.0.1

I want to go back to oryginal rom, so I can send my hero to repair.

Every time I try to flash official rom I've the same message " Error 140. So if I'm right the problem i bootloader that prevents any attempts to flash rom.

I've found official 2.1 on villian rom's, and it flashed well, but when it wants to apply update, it goes to system recovery with message that "e:no signature installation aborted"

Sorry for my poor english