i908 ZUIF2 vs. XBIJ1 JN Foundation ROM's

Guest jo-the-ripper

Guest Dmitri Kiselev

2 Andrey: All the files in Windows folder have an attribute "ROM", and they lose it after copying to another location.

Since it happened, operating system cannot recognize these files as ROM-files even they are in Windows folder.

So our aim is to learn how to set this attribute back again. :P

Guest andrew.mazlim
are you modifying a theme or something? can you copy them to pc, take read only property on pc, make your changes, put read only again and copy back to pc :P not sure really, does it let you overwrite the file? I know for sure it works with M2D themes but with any other windows image I don´t know...

slds,

Aye, I'm talking about M2D .png files. I did the editing and when I'm trying to copy-paste them (and replace the originals), the system's not letting me to do so.

Guest andrew.mazlim
2 Andrey: All the files in Windows folder have an attribute "ROM", and they lose it after copying to another location.

Since it happened, operating system cannot recognize these files as ROM-files even they are in Windows folder.

So our aim is to learn how to set this attribute back again. :P

Yes, I figured it out. But HOW am I suppose to "set" that attribute back again? Or, disable it?

Guest Dmitri Kiselev
But HOW am I suppose to "set" that attribute back again? Or, disable it?

Resco File Explorer cannot do it. Now I'm searching for some kind of utility that can do it.

Guest ZoXoR
1. don´t know.

2. 8 must be your unlucky number.... :D no seriously did you hard reset after flash? it´s a must with this roms.

3. hum... :P should work after you update your city, not sure.

4. hit update, wait a little and first remove hamburg, then it will let you add your city, trust me it works.

my advice: get this little things fix try it a little bit so you get familiar with everything and HARD RESET.

slds,

I did a hard reset after flash, yes.

4. I hit update, I got the weather from Hamburg, but I cannot remove the location, nor add a new one...

I tried with these things in other OS's..they worked fine there.

Guest corpisa
4. I hit update, I got the weather from Hamburg, but I cannot remove the location, nor add a new one...

I tried with these things in other OS's..they worked fine there.

is tricky the first time but keep trying (updating/moving to another tab and back) and you will get the option to remove hamburg, after that you can add your city.

slds,

Guest corpisa
Aye, I'm talking about M2D .png files. I did the editing and when I'm trying to copy-paste them (and replace the originals), the system's not letting me to do so.

I encounter that problem one time but I have never got any trouble after I started backing up default theme, then just copy the whole .m2dct file to pc, extract with .7zip make all your changes in there, rename the folder, zip it again, put in phone and load with m2dc. it works every time for me.

slds,

Edited by corpisa

Guest X-pro
Firstly would like to say that this is one of the best looking roms I have come accross.

Just wanted to know if there is a way to install the standard Samsung Keyboard?

I get a error when trying to install it.

I like using a finger friendly keyboard.

Also could you please Place the GPS Standard Cab on mediafire as im having trouble

downloading from rapidshare.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

:D

You can install omnia lite keyboard with all languages included. Change the layout by holding down the button xt9 on the keyboard but you can't get lg keyboard back after install. I'm not sure that's what you're looking for but you can try, you can always reset if it wasn't what you where looking for :P It comes with phonepad ( not as big as normal samsung keyboard ), qwerty and 20 keys

See a pic here http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=40023

omnia_lite_keyboard.cab

Guest andrew.mazlim
You can install omnia lite keyboard with all languages included. Change the layout by holding down the button xt9 on the keyboard but you can't get lg keyboard back after install. I'm not sure that's what you're looking for but you can try, you can always reset if it wasn't what you where looking for :P It comes with phonepad ( not as big as normal samsung keyboard ), qwerty and 20 keys

See a pic here http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=40023

Probably is trying to find/install more languages for the LG keyboard.

Guest andrew.mazlim
Resco File Explorer cannot do it. Now I'm searching for some kind of utility that can do it.

Great. Do that, please.

Guest corpisa
Hello

I made a break and now I'm back.

We'll see what is coming up next :P

sonic, maybe?

glad to hear you are back, BIG THANKS TO YOU AND ALL THE CHEFS WHO MAKE THIS OLDIES STILL A PLEASURE TO USE !!

slds,

Guest MimomaN

W.B my friend , waiting for your great work bro :P

friend , i had really strange and killer problem with the rom

it happened with me again today and i missed very important call from my manager at work :D

my omnia some times didn't receive some calls , it's really weired

what happens , when the call come the phone freeze !

and the other side hearing ringing as normal but me not , cuz my phone already freeze

and then the phone still freeze and i had to soft reset

this problem happened with me twice , with very important business calls from my managers :P

the first time he called me , he is hearing ringing as usual , but my phone is freeze !

the second time was today the same while i was slipping , and then the alarm couldn't ring , cuz the phone already freeze !

imagine what could happen if i couldn't catch those important calls

but thanks god , i have secret code on my network tells me the last number that called me while the phone is turned of

he shows me the number after soft reset

any tips about this problem or happened with any one ??

Guest Krazy Radd

Off course I will release Titanium Sense Sonic.

@MimomaN

Well I do not have this problem. Need to check.

Anybody else have the same Prob. as MimomaN?

Guest corpisa

I would like to ask a couple of things to testers of this thread.

1. how are you guys making speed dial calls? I´m using neo Le Diable so I´m using fav contacts panel but I keep forgetting using it and end up dialing the whole number to call my wife.

2. how about looking for contacts who are not in fav panel in neo for example. This dialer is making me go a couple of steps further to find contacts that I used to find just using the keypad of default wm dialer :P and while driving is little bit trickier. How is everyone doing this?

I know there is always good old phone.x and others but this such a nice dialer that I want to keep using it more. Also we have voice command and here is where I would like to make a small suggestion could the JN Foundation consider putting C.iberon Voice Commander instead of Voice Command, I really feel :D yelling at my phone in English when my native language is in Spanish and just judging by the many flags you see on peoples profiles you can tell I´m not the only one who is not a native English speaker and with CVC you can record you contacts or application shortcuts with your own voice.

anyone with me :P

PS. now that I think of this I did not use CVC when install on previous Pdhee roms I´ve tested :P :D :D so forget my suggestion, I´ll try to get the feeling for this LG dialer.

Guest andrew.mazlim

@MimomaN

Well I do not have this problem. Need to check.

Anybody else have the same Prob. as MimomaN?

I have some other issues, "Obi-one". Care to give me a hand, please?

a ) By NO means I can update my M2D Hope page's weather, K.Radd! No matter what I'm doing, the city "turns" back to yours, bro (Hamburg). Please, tell me what to do.

b ) I want to edit some png files from your G-Carbon. Actually, I found them and I did it (actually, just made the transparent to 40% and I changed the pic for the weather tab)... But, I can't re-paste it back to /Windows folder because the system don't letting me to do so. Please, give me a hand...

c ) What's that LG keyboard? I mean, from which device is ported from? It's a bit important...

d ) I found a way to register my SPB keyboard! YEA! I did it with .exe, via my PC. Is it possible to edi NOW my SPB keyboard registry settings?

e ) Can I replace the LaunchLP with these apps, with the IconsoftPhonex alert today pannel (for misscall notifications)? How?

Btw... I found your glossy Start Honeycomb png and I made several glossy icons for many progs/apps. If anyone's interesting, let me know it to post them.

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest corpisa
W.B my friend , waiting for your great work bro :D

friend , i had really strange and killer problem with the rom

it happened with me again today and i missed very important call from my manager at work :P

my omnia some times didn't receive some calls , it's really weired

the second time was today the same while i was slipping , and then the alarm couldn't ring , cuz the phone already freeze !

imagine what could happen if i couldn't catch those important calls

but thanks god , i have secret code on my network tells me the last number that called me while the phone is turned of

he shows me the number after soft reset

any tips about this problem or happened with any one ??

my tip is to change your job, your manager is very rude calling you when you are sleeping :P

slds,

I think it happen to me one time, usually I go low on multitasking but one time with opera mini open, s2p playing and not sure what else the phone rang while S2U2 was locking the phone and it got froze. but it has happen 1 time in almost 1 week of testing and the caller was my 13 months daughter who starts pressing all the buttons on my wife´s phone and calls like 10 times in 10 seconds,not sure how she does it but the call is put on hold and another comes from her again, it´s crazy :P but I love it when she calls, jajaj...

I think is S2U2´s fault but this is the first time I´m really loving S2U2 in a rom, no delays when unlocking whatsoever which got me crazy whit other roms when trying this application, also the first time I´m using its call handling options which I´m surprise how good they work.

Edited by corpisa

Guest andrew.mazlim
I would like to ask a couple of things to testers of this thread.

1. how are you guys making speed dial calls? I´m using neo Le Diable so I´m using fav contacts panel but I keep forgetting using it and end up dialing the whole number to call my wife.

2. how about looking for contacts who are not in fav panel in neo for example. This dialer is making me go a couple of steps further to find contacts that I used to find just using the keypad of default wm dialer :P and while driving is little bit trickier. How is everyone doing this?

I know there is always good old phone.x and others but this such a nice dialer that I want to keep using it more. Also we have voice command and here is where I would like to make a small suggestion could the JN Foundation consider putting C.iberon Voice Commander instead of Voice Command, I really feel :D yelling at my phone in English when my native language is in Spanish and just judging by the many flags you see on peoples profiles you can tell I´m not the only one who is not a native English speaker and with CVC you can record you contacts or application shortcuts with your own voice.

anyone with me :P

PS. now that I think of this I did not use CVC when install on previous Pdhee roms I´ve tested :P :D :D so forget my suggestion, I´ll try to get the feeling for this LG dialer.

I would like to answer for myself:

1) I don't, I don't care about speed dialcalling.

2) I don't using much Neo/Titanium and surely not FavContacts. I'm using IconsoftPhonex alert and I don't need anything else.

3) Voice command is a silly thing to me, because I tested every similar app and you need almost completely... silence to make the call by voice. Where, walking in the center of a metropolis like London, Paris, Moscow or N.Y.???

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest Sb.
I have some other issues, "Obi-one". Care to give me a hand, please?

a ) By NO means I can update my M2D Hope page's weather, K.Radd! No matter what I'm doing, the city "turns" back to your, bro (Hamburg). Please, tell me what to do.

b ) I want to edit some png files from your G-Carbon. Actually, I found them and I did it (actually, just made the transparent to 40% and I changed the pic for the weather tab)... But, I can't re-paste it back to /Windows folder because the system don't letting me to do so. Please, give me a hand...

c ) What's that LG keyboard? I mean, from which device is ported from? It's a bit important...

d ) I found a way to register my SPB keyboard! YEA! I did it with .exe, via my PC. Is it possible to edi NOW my SPB keyboard registry settings?

e ) Can I replace the LaunchLP with these apps, with the IconsoftPhonex alert today pannel (for misscall notifications)? How?

Btw... I found your glossy Start Honeycomb png and I made several glossy icons for many progs/apps. If anyone's interesting, let me know it to post them.

You have to replace the files through windows explorer on your PC. But yeah everything is locked and you wont be able to change it even with resco explorer or total commander.

Guest corpisa
I would like to answer for myself:

1) I don't, I don't care about speed dialcalling.

2) I don't using much Neo/Titanium and surely not FavContacts. I'm using IconsoftPhonex alert and I don't need anything else.

3) Voice command is a silly thing to me, because I tested every similar app and you need almost completely... silence to make the call by voice. Where, walking in the center of a metropolis like London, Paris, Moscow or N.Y.???

Very different ways of using the phone off course but:

1. so you type the whole number of the people you call more often when you can just long press a number :P ? On ph.onex you can set your favorites or your speed dials just fine, why not use it.

2. I know iconsoftphonex very well too that´s why I was curious to see how everyone was using this LG dialer that requires some extra clicks on screen to do some simple tasks.

3. just been to those places on vacation :D so no phones with me but in the car you can have your radio with decent volume and CVM will recognize your voice, I´m sure I remember that the few times I have used it.

well, I'm enabling wm default for a while and loading tacchan´s or Cruddsajj?? black skin to see how that goes for a while but I´m not installing phon.ex just yet :P

slds,

Edited by corpisa

Guest andrew.mazlim
Very different ways of using the phone off course but:

1. so you type the whole number of the people you call more often when you can just long press a number :P ? On ph.onex you can set your favorites or your speed dials just fine, why not use it.

2. I know iconsoftphonex very well too that´s why I was curious to see how everyone was using this LG dialer that requires some extra clicks on screen to do some simple tasks.

3. just been to those places on vacation :D so no phones with me but in the car you can have your radio with decent volume and CVM will recognize your voice, I´m sure I remember that the few times I have used it.

well, I'm enabling wm default for a while and loading tacchan´s or Cruddsajj?? black skin to see how that goes for a while but I´m not installing phon.ex just yet :P

slds,

1. I'm using, like I wrote, the IconsoftPhonex. I'm pressing the "Contacts" soft key, the Contacts appears... and simply scrolling down to find my mate, I'm pressing his photo... the dialing starts. Simple.

2. Like you figured out, I don't using Windows dialer anymore (in our case, LG dialer).

3. I'm not... driving!!! Honestly, I don't! I'm using bus & train. I don't need car; many mates have cars, I'm paying their gass when we're going out and everybody are happy - mostly me! I don't paying car insurance, taxes, service, gass (all the time, montly). So, during my walks in the city or taking the bus with ALL that city noise, I didn't even... thought I have installed a voice command app! LOL!

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest corpisa
1. I'm using, like I wrote, the IconsoftPhonex. I'm pressing the "Contacts" soft key, the Contacts appears... and simply scrolling down to find my mate, I'm pressing his photo... the dialing starts. Simple.

hehe, not so simple, simple will be just to type the first two or three letters of the person you want to call with your phnex dialpad and it will show all it´s matches, usually the one you want to call will appear first, then just a simple click will dial that person. that´s how I do it anyway when using phnex :P

Now if you have 2000 contacts that search can throw a lot of matches but then again if you have that many you have to do some heavy scrolling to get to your friend using your method and by that time your bus stop will be already be lost, jaja.. I would love to use the public transport system here but then I would have lost my phone a long time ago if you know what I mean :D

On other things, what file do you want to replace on M2D, I just gave you the way to do it, is it the clock background you where asking pearl jam? just make your own theme using default back up on your PC, and you will not have any trouble.....

What´s LaunchLP, if it´s the shortcuts use on home screen on M2D, you have easytoday launcher in there but you also have M2DTP, go to options in that program and delete easy today launcher and put iconsofphonex instead and set x20 y244 w199 and h39.

to set the order in which they will appear in your screen use p.honex options/today.

slds,

Edited by corpisa