i908 ZUIF2 vs. XBIJ1 JN Foundation ROM's

Guest jo-the-ripper

Guest andrew.mazlim
Here I go again! :P

I am glad to say that I found a solution how to overwrite the files in Windows folder.

I've learned that only CAB-installers can do it.

So I can take any system file (such as WiFiNetwork.exe), copy it to PC, then fix it in binary editor, and then to make CAB from it.

The only problem I have is in cab files are not digitally signed with a trusted certificate and cannot be installed on this ROM.

There are two different ways to solve it.

1. To learn how to sign my CABs with a trusted certificate.

2. To learn how to turn off the certificates verification.

Jamie, thxs for your time, but I found it (finally) how to do it.

Guest andrew.mazlim
Hi Andrew

I use Titanium version, and I have a problem.

Phone freezing several time on incoming SMS or incoming Call.

Do you know something about it???

Thanks, good work.

My opinion: phone skin, or LG phone you, dont have characters (1abc 2def 3... ) in botton to search contacts. It´s a big mistake.

LANYCO... em, I'm not the developer/"cooeker" of these roms, I'm just a user of them.

And sorry, I used (still) only the G-Carbon v2 of K.Radd; I don't know about the others.

Guest Dmitri Kiselev

Andrew, it works in your case (if you need to change the PNG graphics). But how do you change any exe file in Windows folder? They are really protected.

Guest LANYCO
LANYCO... em, I'm not the developer/"cooeker" of these roms, I'm just a user of them.

And sorry, I used (still) only the G-Carbon v2 of K.Radd; I don't know about the others.

OH! hahahaha

Sorry

Guest andrew.mazlim
OH! hahahaha

Sorry

No worries. We all trying here to help each other and "JN" to improve their roms.

Guest andrew.mazlim

Btw, K.Radd... I found another tiny issue in G-Carbon v.2 rom. I never tried before to see my Call-log. I pressed the right soft-key in M2D home page of G-Carbon (named "Callog") and... the camera turned-on! HAHAHAHA!... I guess, I have to re-map the soft-key by myself; but check this too, for new realease (WHEN????????????)...

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest Dmitri Kiselev
I guess, I have to re-map the soft-key by myself; but check this too, for new realease (WHEN????????????)...

I've checked it right now and it's OK, I see my calls log after pressing the right softkey.

Guest andrew.mazlim
I've checked it right now and it's OK, I see my calls log after pressing the right softkey.

Lol! Somethin I DID, then? But I didn't anything strange...

Guest andrew.mazlim
Andrew, how did you solve the problem with changing the files in Windows folder?

I exported the M2D theme (as m2dct), I open-with it via winrar, exported the files... edited them... selected them and with the m2dct opened... I pressed Alt+Tab and released the files into the opened m2dct and finished.

Then, I copied the edited m2dct to my device, selected it from M2DC and applied it.

I did spend though, a couple of hrs, to find out HOW should I make "metallic-transparent" the sms paper in sms tab, because I couldn't see a single word! :P

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest Dmitri Kiselev

Andrew, your case is particular, because you are dealing with the graphics. But I want to operate with system files (exe, dll, mui), and the way you did it is not suitable for me.

For example, I need to fix WiFiNetwork.exe (to change some dialogs from German to English).

First of all, I need to copy it to my PC. But the copied file is somehow different that the original one. So even I copy it back it will not run again.

Then, I need to create a CAB-file from it and to sign it with a trusted certificate (or turn off the security).

If I do so, I can upload that fix here and to share it with you. Or we shall wait for K.Radd. :P

Guest andrew.mazlim
Andrew, your case is particular, because you are dealing with the graphics. But I want to operate with system files (exe, dll, mui), and the way you did it is not suitable for me.

For example, I need to fix WiFiNetwork.exe (to change some dialogs from German to English).

First of all, I need to copy it to my PC. But the copied file is somehow different that the original one. So even I copy it back it will not run again.

Then, I need to create a CAB-file from it and to sign it with a trusted certificate (or turn off the security).

If I do so, I can upload that fix here and to share it with you. Or we shall wait for K.Radd. :P

All the edit I need, concerning graphics. So...

Guest tobias14
Dear Krazy! How to remove the apps names under the buttons in Manila's Launcher? They are unreadable and there's no need to keep them.

same question here.. anybody knows how to do it ?

Guest andrew.mazlim

I'm wondering... Anyone user tested more than one different version of "JN's" roms? I mean, I'm using (since now) only the G-Carbon v2; anyone tested several roms (M2D, Titanium, Sense) to write feedbacks from the comparison?

Guest mobilefox

I used Carbon-V2,sense and Diable.

Carbon-V2 is best of M2D V2

Sense is good but every time you browse the menu you need to align the clock as the clock suddenly will become BIG.

Diable, is cool,easy and very handy.

I ported Carbon-V2 S2U2 clock to Diable and wallpaper from Spirito Maligno.

The best thing about JN foundation ROM is their expertise in graphics.

I copied all .png from all the rom and keep using as I like it.

JN guys,you rock.

Guest TFreire
I'm wondering... Anyone user tested more than one different version of "JN's" roms? I mean, I'm using (since now) only the G-Carbon v2; anyone tested several roms (M2D, Titanium, Sense) to write feedbacks from the comparison?

Hi Andrew!

I've tested all M2D versions and Sense Rosso.

By now I'm using Sense Rosso for 4 days and till now i'm loving it.

I think it is more stable and faster than M2D versions.

I've never used Titanium Sense version because I didn't like Titanium style but I'm surprised with Sense...

I hope JN Foundation release Sense Sonic version in English soon, i've tested it in German and I liked it.

Guest TFreire
Sense is good but every time you browse the menu you need to align the clock as the clock suddenly will become BIG.

I don't have that trouble with clock...

It happened to me only once and it occured after flashing the phone. After that, never more...

Edited by TFreire

Guest andrew.mazlim
Hi Andrew!

I've tested all M2D versions and Sense Rosso.

By now I'm using Sense Rosso for 4 days and till now i'm loving it.

I think it is more stable and faster than M2D versions.

I've never used Titanium Sense version because I didn't like Titanium style but I'm surprised with Sense...

I hope JN Foundation release Sense Sonic version in English soon, i've tested it in German and I liked it.

"Obrighado" (I hope I didn't f*ck-up too much, the "thxs" word!).

Well, that sounds marvelous, although I'm a big M2D fan. So, I'm wondering if I'll port the Sense rom and install manually the M2D...

How much ram/storage free, just after you flashed the Sense rom? Do you remember?

(I assume, Senso rom is a NeoTitanium with "Senso" sense, right?

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest TFreire
"Obrighado" (I hope I didn't f*ck-up too much, the "thxs" word!).

Well, that sounds marvelous, although I'm a big M2D fan. So, I'm wondering if I'll port the Sense rom and install manually the M2D...

How much ram/storage free, just after you flashed the Sense rom? Do you remember?

(I assume, Senso rom is a NeoTitanium with "Senso" sense, right?

No you didn't :P the right word is "obrigado", so you just put an extra letter :D

I'm a M2D big fan also, but this rom really surprised me.

I'm not sure about memory, but I think that Storage is arround 120MB and RAM is arround 54MB... It must be something like that.

Yes, I'm not sure about that, but with my little experience with ROM things I think that I can say that you are right about that.

Guest andrew.mazlim
No you didn't :P the right word is "obrigado", so you just put an extra letter :D

I'm a M2D big fan also, but this rom really surprised me.

I'm not sure about memory, but I think that Storage is arround 120MB and RAM is arround 54MB... It must be something like that.

Yes, I'm not sure about that, but with my little experience with ROM things I think that I can say that you are right about that.

So, if you're right "amigo", the "Senso" has left exactly the same ram with G-Carbon v2.

So, I'm staying with M2D ver.

Guest jms2367

i apologize for this spam also and i mean no offense to the other members. this post is intended for lupus. :D

i noticed that there are a couple of spams that interchange the term flashing a rom and poting a rom.

port in computing terms means adapting, modifying a program to work with a different platform or device. example is sector porting m2d from htc devices to our omnia.

flash in computing is to write the memory of an upgradable component such as a bios. so you do not say i will port a rom. but rather you say i will flash a rom.

you do not say i will port a rom unless you yourself are modifying a the rom. also you do not say i will port an application, instead, you say i will install an application (like the keyboard). unless you yourself will modify an LG keyboard to our omnia (modifying and making compatible is porting).

cheers. :P

Guest andrew.mazlim
i apologize for this spam also and i mean no offense to the other members. this post is intended for lupus. :D

i noticed that there are a couple of spams that interchange the term flashing a rom and poting a rom.

port in computing terms means adapting, modifying a program to work with a different platform or device. example is sector porting m2d from htc devices to our omnia.

flash in computing is to write the memory of an upgradable component such as a bios. so you do not say i will port a rom. but rather you say i will flash a rom.

you do not say i will port a rom unless you yourself are modifying a the rom. also you do not say i will port an application, instead, you say i will install an application (like the keyboard). unless you yourself will modify an LG keyboard to our omnia (modifying and making compatible is porting).

cheers. :P

We forgiving you, friend. And thxs for the computer terms' lessons (you're the only one who cares to educate us, regards.)

Any MORE SPAM from you?

Now, can we go back to this topic's interests? If we may?

Edited by andrew.mazlim