Desire ROM r20: How do I delete WaveSecure?

Guest starkruzr

Guest fabiocampos
I can't find it in /system or /data and it can't be uninstalled, but nags me every time my N1 boots.

Wavesecure stay into /system partition. You can remove with adb commands.

Best regards ;)

Guest cezent
I can't find it in /system or /data and it can't be uninstalled, but nags me every time my N1 boots.

U can cook a version in the online kitchen without Wavesecure.

I would keep it on though, for the peace-of-mind that if my phone is lost my emails/contacts or other personal details wont be in the hands of the wrong people.

Guest fabiocampos
U can cook a version in the online kitchen without Wavesecure.

I would keep it on though, for the peace-of-mind that if my phone is lost my emails/contacts or other personal details wont be in the hands of the wrong people.

Kitchen is only for AD Free or Plus Members ;)

Guest starkruzr
wavesecure rocks!
I may be missing something, but it looks like an expensive paid service and it's eating space on my /system partition.

Thanks to the folks who gave insight as to how to ditch it ;)

Guest b0unce
I may be missing something, but it looks like an expensive paid service and it's eating space on my /system partition.

It was free when I signed up for it, you should check and see if you can get it for free now. It's extremely useful (more for SMS backup than anything).

Guest Docmjldds

Titanium Backup will also uninstall from you system. The app just about will uninstall anything. Just adding another method.

Guest lithium1330
Titanium Backup will also uninstall from you system. The app just about will uninstall anything. Just adding another method.

Tried it last night - Ti backup will not un-install wavesecure. The following, as suggested worked:

adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/*wsandroid*

Unfortunately, I missed the free offer (just got my phone). I know you can bake Wavesecure is part of the Kitchen, but that's also a trial version, isn't it? I'm going to give lookout security a try - appears very much like wavesecure & it's still free. I suppose I wouldn't mind Wavesecure, but missed the free offer. :-/

Edited by lithium1330

• 10 months later...
Guest josephxx

Thank you very much too.

adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/*wsandroid*

worked like a charm on my Blade with MoDaCo r12.

Edited by josephxx