[TUT] Installing HTC Sense 2.5.2011 on the B7610

Guest FortKnox101

Guest FortKnox101

[TUT] Installing HTC Sense 2.5.2011 on the B7610 [6.5, 6.5.X ONLY]

UPDATE: 29 May 2010

Daskalos has created two ROMS for the B7610 with an even faster version of Sense 2.5 built in.

Windows Mobile 6.5 and Windows Mobile 6.5.3

If you don't want to try the ROM then try your hand at installing just installing the faster Sense 2.5 CAB that was used. Here

The new Sense 2.5 cab made by Rapid81 and nOObody has more included such as the Facebook Tab and Documents Tab, is faster and more compatible with the i8000/B7610. More info can be found at both of the links above.

I created this guide to help people get HTC Sense 2.5 working on there B7610 at nearly 100%, I personally use the Megalite Roms because when installing HTC Sense the SMS doesn't break, or the Samsung settings shortcut doesn't disappear (if you have installed the settings cab that is).

IT IS RECOMMENDED YOU HAVE AT LEAST 120MB+ OF STORAGE MEMORY BEFORE INSTALLING THIS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE TO 6.1 USERS:

I didn't have much time to test this on 6.1, but everytime I did so it just kept mucking up, couldn't add weather location, scrolling in things such as the music library wouldn't work and the htc settings wouldn't work either which meant not being able to customize the tabs etc. I have one untested suggestion, you can try going through this guide but skip installing TF3D_1.3_Album_and_Music_Tab_Fix.cab. From what I understand this is what causes the problem (weird it doesn't cause problems in 6.5). Although this would leave you without the Album and Music Tabs at least I suppose you will have some sort of HTC Sense..Home, people, messages, email, weather tabs etc.

DOWNLOAD THE HTC SENSE 2.5 RAR FILE FIRST!

http://rapidshare.com/files/374840107/HTC_Sense_2.5__B7610_.rar

or

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MYR9WHOY

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Install HTC Sense 2.5.2011 on the B7610 [uPDATED 23 APRIL 2010]

• INSTALL TO "DEVICE", NOT STORAGE CARD OR MY STORAGE

Step One: Copy the contents of the rar file over to your storage card, once that's done its recommended you go into settings and tell the phone to always keep the screen on.

Step Two: Download [Here] and Install SKTools5, run the program then close it. Now run the SKTools File Explorer, navigate to your windows folder and backup the MMS.dll file to a different location such as the Storage Card. If there is no MMS.dll file then just proceed to step three.

Step Three: Install files sdkcerts and OpenGLESv1, then install either NETCF 3.5 or 3.7 and restart the phone.

Step Four: After restart install files AudioManager, OemDiamAudioMgr and Sense 2.5, then restart the phone again. Once the phone has booted up go to Settings>Today>Items and disable the HTC Sense.

Step Five: If you don’t want to install HTC CommManager then skip this step. Install files CommManager Suite, Color Comm 2.3 and B7610CommManagerFix in that order. This will install CommManager and fix the Wifi to work with the b7610.

Step Six: Install file TF3D_1.3_Album_and_Music_Tab_Fix. Restart the Phone.

Step Seven: If you had successfully backed up a MMS.dll file in step Two then use SKTools File Explorer to copy the MMS.dll file that you backed up back to the windows folder.

Step Eight: If the Samsung Settings shortcut disappears copy the Samsung Settings.lnk file provided to your phones Windows>Start Menu>Programs directory.

Step Nine: Restart your phone, normal SMS capability should be restored and Enjoy! Remember to re-enable HTC Sense and also uninstall SKTools if you don't want it.

Other Optional Guides

Trying to make a call from people you've added in the People Tab but it doesn't do anything?: [ADDED 23rd April 2010]

This is because the People Tab or rather the HTC software for some reason either doesnt recognise the normal dialer or the samsung dialer, to get around this you need to install the PhoneCanvas cab file included in the rar. Then restart the phone, this should solve the program.

Disable/Enable the Animated Weather on the Home Tab: [ADDED 12th April 2010]

If you have installed Cookie Tabs:

Step One: Unlike the normal version of HTC Sense 2.5, Installing CookieTabs has made it easy for us to disable and enable the weather animation on the home tab, because amongst other features it has added a Weather Animation On/Off Switch in the Quick Links menu, first we need to put into a quick link box so on the bottom of the home tab make sure you have a blank quick link box available, tap it and the Quick Links Menu should come up giving you with 4 options. Programs, Contacts, Bookmarks and "Weather Animation On/Off Switch". [See WeatherAnimationSwitch1.jpg] Tap on the "Weather Animation On/Off Switch".

Step Two: Now that should of added a button into the quick link box you selected. Tap it to turn the animation off, GREEN = ON, RED = OFF. [See WeatherAnimationSwitch2.jpg].

If you have not installed Cookie Tabs:

Using a RegEditor, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/HTC/manila/Home.WallpaperMode and change the dword from 0 to 1(or even 2). I've heard that if you change the home tab city the animated wallpaper will become enabled again so you will need to do this reg hack again. However I don't know if theres any truth to it.

Disabling/Hiding the Current Location Feature: [ADDED 12th April 2010]

Step One: Install "Duttys Disable Current Location" CAB thats in the optional folder of the downloaded rar file. Restart if asked. This will make the Current Location feature in the Weather Tab disappear.

Step Two: On the Home tab tap on the clock and it should bring up the World Clock Menu, giving you an option to select between cities [See ClockCitySelect.jpg].

Step Three: Select your added city and then press the back button. Voila! Current Location feature gone ;)

General Notes:

This should get all tabs working including Album and Music. Your phone might receive a bit of lag but if you set your CPU to High and disable the Animated Weather on the home tab that should help.

Another thing to note that I don't like myself is that the People tab defaults to the HTC Messaging so I got around this by disabling the people tab and installing Cookies Tabs (in the optional folder) and added people as text or phone contacts on the first set of tabs, programs on second and third.

In the Comm Manager The 3G option didn’t work for me, but most or all of the other options work as far as I know. I also created the cab file fixing the WiFi to make it work for B7610, so feel free to let me know if it works, it did for me.

THERE IS A PHONE DIALER IN THE OPTIONAL FOLDER OF THE RAR FILE THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO INSTALL...SCREENSHOTS HAVE BEEN PROVIDED.

post-630231-1271022344_thumb.jpg

post-630231-1271022351_thumb.jpg

post-630231-1271022356_thumb.jpg

post-630231-1271023074_thumb.jpg

post-630231-1271038945_thumb.jpg

post-630231-1271038950_thumb.jpg

post-630231-1271089689_thumb.jpg

post-630231-1271089694_thumb.jpg

post-630231-1271090513_thumb.jpg

Edited by FortKnox101

Guest cappuccina

Hi,

Really big thanks for that guide. Unfortunately i cannot try it right now, have to wait till i get my phone back ;) but i will defintitly try it as soon as possible.

I thought only the version 1.3 would work on our device so far.

But if this really works then I appreciate a lot your effort to write this guide for us, it saves a lot of time. ;)

Guest Klimto

Dude seriously, you are great ;) I was waiting for this for so long now.

I have one issue with this, everytime i boot the phone i get an error saying that SMS Patch.exe has some kind of error. But i can send people an sms. What could be the problem?

And a question, how can you disable the animated weather on the home page? Can't seem to do it by just selecting an animated wallpaper, it still shows up ;)

Edited by Klimto

Guest Mustang88

nice..have tried but cant seem to link the photos n videos to the memory card. how to do it?

plus i cant change my own location. i have to add another city. how to set my current location?

Guest FortKnox101

Klimto, the SMS Patch at startup comes up for me but then just disappears. You might wanna try deleting the SMS Patch shortcut in windows>startup directory however I don't know what this will result in.

Concerning the Animated Home Tab, refer to the guide for updates. ;)

Mustang88, Concerning the Current Location program, please refer to the guide for updates. ;)

Edited by FortKnox101

Guest FortKnox101
How's the "user experience" of Sense on a B7610? Does it run smoothly, comparable to e.g. a HTC HD2?

Well at the moment its not going to be as fast as the HTC HD2. but it still runs pretty smoothly on the B7610 besides from its sudden lag spikes on rare occasions...at least on my phone. but it runs very well in my opinion. But all i can say is you try it for yourself, if you don't like it uninstall it. Everyone's opinion is different.

Guest me00016

FortKnox101, you are DE MAN! if this is working like on an HTC device (i.e. flawless), B7610+Sense 2.5 is going to be the dreamteam of windows mobile users (until the Super AMOLED and Windows mobile 7 be released in the Market) we will most possibly be luckier than the overpriced Taiwanese gadgets owners ;) ...

How about winmo 6.5.5 with the start bar located down? Does Sense 2.5 goes real fullscreen?

Edited by me00016

Guest FortKnox101
FortKnox101, you are DE MAN! if this is working like on an HTC device (i.e. flawless), B7610+Sense 2.5 is going to be the dreamteam of windows mobile users (until the Super AMOLED and Windows mobile 7 be released in the Market) we will most possibly be luckier than the overpriced Taiwanese gadgets ;) ...

lmao, thanks. I personally don't know what to think of Windows Mobile 7. Seems worse than 6.5 in my opinion. No Multi-Tasking support etc. But as i said earlier in this post everyones opinion is different.

Guest Klimto
Klimto, the SMS Patch at startup comes up for me but then just disappears. You might wanna try deleting the SMS Patch shortcut in windows>startup directory however I don't know what this will result in.

Concerning the Animated Home Tab, refer to the guide for updates. ;)

Mustang88, Concerning the Current Location program, please refer to the guide for updates. ;)

Well, it had the error the first 3 times i restarted my phone, after that it just works like it should :P This is the best theme ever for the B7610, i enjoy my phone more then ever now thanks to you, really a big thumbs up :P

One question, is there a way to make the current location of the weather to work. Because it always just says, no weather data available. And since i live kind of far from a big city it would be cool if it would work trough GPS ;)

Guest FortKnox101
Well, it had the error the first 3 times i restarted my phone, after that it just works like it should ;) This is the best theme ever for the B7610, i enjoy my phone more then ever now thanks to you, really a big thumbs up ;)

One question, is there a way to make the current location of the weather to work. Because it always just says, no weather data available. And since i live kind of far from a big city it would be cool if it would work trough GPS ;)

I'm not actually sure, cause I don't know what it uses to find the location. I'll look into it, and if i get a positive result I will let you know.

Guest FortKnox101
Read first post properly!!! <-- too late ;)

lol i've laid it out in a way now that people can't miss some of what i've wrote ;)...but appreciate your post lol

Right it seems theres a new HTC Sense 2.5 2012 (build 1225) out. The one in this post is 2.5 2011. Will test and keep you all updated ;)

Edited by FortKnox101

Guest passion_streak

cant install Sense - 2.5 on my storage or storage card ... every time i get the same error freeza inc. manila2.5 for 6.1 cannot be installed . to try installing again to a different location ,choose a location :

Edited by passion_streak

Guest FortKnox101
cant install Sense - 2.5 on my storage or storage card ... everytime i get the same error freeza inc. manila2.5 for 6.1 cannpt ne installed . to try installing again to a different loaction ,choose a loaction :

Unfortunately you will need to install to DEVICE memory, not My Storage or Storage Card. Guide has been adjusted accordingly

Edited by FortKnox101

Guest AtheK

i can't get the animated weather wallpaper to work, also when i try toadd shortcut, the animated wallpaper thing does not pop up, any suggestions.

Guest FortKnox101
i can't get the animated weather wallpaper to work, also when i try toadd shortcut, the animated wallpaper thing does not pop up, any suggestions.

Hey AtheK, I'm currently in the process of reflashing my phone after a failed attempt of getting Sense 2.5.2012 working, so obviously we got to stick with 2.5.2011 for now. Anyway back to the point, once my phones back to normal I'll look into it, for the animated wallpaper...for now though try looking in your phones registry and go to HKCU/Software/HTC/manila/Home.WallpaperMode and see what the dword is set to, if its set to 0 then your animation should be fine...if its at 1 change it to 0 and restart your phone. I'm at a loss as to why the quick link option is not showing up for you :S

Edited by FortKnox101

Guest AtheK

Hey Fortknox, i got it working, i had not installed dutty disable current location, installed it, set the location to my city, it works fine now ;)

Thanks for all your help,yu done a great job, much respect

Guest FortKnox101

Glad to hear it AtheK, either way its a good thing you made that mistake otherwise I wouldn't of known about the the animation switch not being there in htc sense, it looks like Cookie Tabs addon actually installs it amongst other things. Having to amend the guide...again lol ;)

Guest santoo

seems to be reaaally slow for me (not completely unusable, but not comparable to other shells in terms of speed).

tested on daskalos megalite rom win 6.5.5...

anyway, thanks a LOT for the hard work fortknox101 - clear & detailed instructions, organized uploads - much appreciated!!

;)

PS: this might be a naive question, but how come sense is >80(!)MB? i've been using wm for several years now & hardly ever did i come across any program that massive...

Edited by santoo