[TUT] Installing HTC Sense 2.5.2011 on the B7610

Guest FortKnox101

Guest FortKnox101

To be honest with you santoo, I haven't a clue...another one of lifes mysteries lol. HTC Sense 2.5.2012 installs at 60mb. But it doesn't work on the Omnia unfortunately. But stick with what works I guess...at least for now.

Guest rpino704

Hi what will happen if you don't do this step?

Step Two: Download Trial of SKTools, open it then close it. Now run the SKTools File Explorer, navigate to your windows folder and backup the MMS.dll file to a different location such as the Storage Card.

Guest anshkhanna

Step Two: Download Trial of SKTools, open it then close it. Now run the SKTools File Explorer, navigate to your windows folder and backup the MMS.dll file to a different location such as the Storage Card.

Hey,

Thanks for making all the effort to put this together.

Quick question...does it work in landscape?

Guest rybar73

Hi guys,

because I used Sense 2.5(2.5.1922.2911 other don't work!!) about month ago there is my printscreens.

I used Daskalos Megalit ROM 6.5.5 23547.

I had some problems with landscape(or when soft-keyboard pop-up) but only sometimes (cannot change back to portrait, display was split and help only restart device).

I am used animate weather with max performance in device and works very smooth.

I really recommend use "Co0kies home tab mod" and "Co0kies home tab editor", lot of helpful settings here.

17711207594bbaf0aca2f8c.jpg

11146830384bbaf0acb77a3.jpg

On picture "volno" = Free Memory :-)

16782619574bbaf0accdefa.jpg

Tried it, but phone snails out most of the time, finally abandoned it. But from the pack used canvas application, it has replaced my dialer a good looking dialer skin and dial pad and it is all working except the scroll bar on right side (existed with sense installation too).

So in case you need canvas only without other stuff go ahead. But can someone help me to get rid of the scroll bar?

Guest FortKnox101

If you skip this step then your messaging will become weird and you won't be able to a compose a message after installing Sense. if there is no MMS.dll located in your windows folder, trying skipping that step and see what happens.

Someone else had a question about landscape, when going landscape it does work slightly, its just when you slide back to potrait it goes all weird and you have to disable and enable it in the today options.

Edited by FortKnox101

Guest Klimto
Someone else had a question about landscape, when going landscape it does work slightly, its just when you slide back to potrait it goes all weird and you have to disable and enable it in the today options.

I found a way how you won't have to restart sense in order for it to become normal again.

Just go to the internet tab (if you have it enabled, may work with some other tabs too but haven't tested it yet) and go back to portrait there. It should be normal again, this works for me ;)

Guest Klimto
my main storage only left 71.37mb (Stock Rom ) can't seen to install it....

Maybe you should uninstall some programs installed on your device memory.

Or just flash a megalite rom, this must lag badly on a stock rom anyway is my guess. It even lags a little on a megalite rom so..

Guest vince11
thanks

just finish flash the rom...and install all the cab...but got .net cf initialization error.... ;)

sorry of the trouble

I think that means you need net frame work 3.5 cab

Guest talktoanil
lmao, thanks. I personally don't know what to think of Windows Mobile 7. Seems worse than 6.5 in my opinion. No Multi-Tasking support etc. But as i said earlier in this post everyones opinion is different.

who told you that it wont have Multi-Tasking support ? it WILL have it via software update at later stage..MS wants Win7 Phone to be in market ASAP as its delayed too much....so by this fall they will launch winmo7 phone and then via software update they will add all those required features.

Guest ddpove

First of all FortKnox101, thank you for your great job.

Now I need some help: I skipped step two and I would like to know if someone has an original "MMS.dll" file so I do not have to flash the b7610 again and if this would help or not.

Thank You.

Guest Nemesix_

I installed Sense 2.5 yesterday, but my phone got very hot, even when not being used (like standby with screen off). Anyone else got this problem?

Guest FortKnox101

monyozt, try going here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...x/#entry1217105 and downloading the "Sense 1.3-2.5 Final Album Fix" and see what happens. Let me know how it goes.

ddpove, Try downloading and copying the contents of the attached MMS.rar [using SKtools explorer, File Explorer will not do the job] to your phones windows folder, restart the phone and let me know if your sms functionality is restored and I will edit the guide accordingly then.

mms.rar

Edited by FortKnox101

Guest watme

Finally after finding my way to get it work.. my htc sense is working now. but how do i add applicaiton in the home screen? there is 4 box there but it cant seem to response or work when i tap on it..

Edited by watme

Guest cool_tushar1993

i installed cookie tabs and added weather animation to my home screen but when i click the icon the icon it does not change it is always red ..... ;)..my rom is Megalite 6.5.5 Build 23549

Edited by cool_tushar1993

Guest cappuccina
net frame work 3.5 install still got the error

I also had this error, net framework 3.5 was installed. I just installed 3.7 too, which is also in the sense 2.5.rar file and after that the error was gone! Hope this helps you out. ;-)