14/Jun r6 riskfreeroot - HTC Desire rooting guide - now with HBOOT 0.80 and OS to 1.21 support

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Bakk15

A2SD = app2sd ?

i don't get it how to install on SD card.

i saw the memory of my phone ( the 1xxMo free ) decreasing, but nothin on SD.

i made the on with sound down button, then A2SD... i'm missing something ?

regards, Bakk

Guest The_IMF
A2SD = app2sd ?

i don't get it how to install on SD card.

i saw the memory of my phone ( the 1xxMo free ) decreasing, but nothin on SD.

i made the on with sound down button, then A2SD... i'm missing something ?

regards, Bakk

Did you create your partition and upgrade to ext3 in the recovery console?

Guest fubuman_05
No, your system is not recognizing the SD ext3 partition, you should see a line with '/system/sd':

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2	693.7M	 76.8M	581.6M  12% /system/sd

Have you partitioned the SD card as instructed with a FAT32 and ext3 partition?

over the recovery menu with fat32 and ext2 swap 64

Guest vinc78
Can someone maybe make a video of the rooting, step by step, and upload it to youtube?

It will make it much more understandable for the people who doesn't speak english.

Thanks in advance

If you need help, I can help you step by step in french if you prefer...

-> vincent.dudek[at]gmail.com

Guest Biliskner

Paul I got a FAILED message from your new method.

"remote:90 hboot <something> please flush image immediately."

I'm reflashing. Any advice?

Guest viskas
If anyone in the east of London is having issues, then pm me and if you can make your way to me; I'll root your phone for you.

one more reason to get the first ryan air to stanstead!!!

:huh:

as per A2SD, I see memory on the phone decreasing as well...

Guest Biliskner
Hmmm Biliskner, I did see that on one occasion... if you have no joy, revert to the 'old method'. I'll investigate...

P

Should I go to Recovery? I'm so tempted. A few hours now and I just can't get it to recognize in Linux with the adb-linux // recovery.sh method.

I'm positive A2SD stuffed it up really bad (before installing a2sd the recovery-linux.sh worked fine)

Guest poulecaca

First of all thanks for this exploit. But I have still a few question.

What king of root is it ?

What I will be abble to do with such permission ? Run the debian bootloader ?

Is it a customize ROM ? And if yes will I abble to update when HTC will release ROM update ?

Thanks

Guest The_IMF
one more reason to get the first ryan air to stanstead!!!

:huh:

as per A2SD, I see memory on the phone decreasing as well...

If your A2SD is working like it is on mine, phone memory will decrease as all those apps have a cache which is still stored on phone memory I believe.

You'll have to wait for a solution to move Dalvik cache to the SD card if you want to keep that memory free.

Guest 7pellc

This guy is a legend. It worked perfectly, just when I thought all hope was gone.... it worked. Instead of following the rest of the instructions i simply copy and pasted the code in recovery-linux.sh into the same terminal and hit enter. Once all the files have been pushed, press enter again and you'll have the recovery screen.

Cheers mate.

EDIT: Forgot to say thanks to the main main...Cheers Paul.

Edited by Paul

Guest mupper

Now i installed A2SD. Whats the next Step to activate this? I installed a Programm from the market, but no files on the SD Card!

Can anyone help me pls?

i have von 8gb card, only one 8gb Partition!

thx

mupper

Guest h00pyfr00d

Read back over the thread, mate.

Basically you need an EXT3 partition for the apps. GParted or back to recovery and do it from there.

Anyone else looking at their amazing newly rooted Desire and thinking: "now what?" :-)

Guest twistywizard
Now i installed A2SD. Whats the next Step to activate this? I installed a Programm from the market, but no files on the SD Card!

Can anyone help me pls?

i have von 8gb card, only one 8gb Partition!

thx

mupper

You need to have a read back through a few pages. It has been covered many times.

But basically get the phone into recovery mode again with your SD inserted you want to use and in the menu there is an option to make the SD card.

Guest ph0rce

Just finished rooting my phone & applied the A2SD update, everything seemed to go ok, followed the guide exactly & the phone came up ok.

Unfortunately around every ten minutes, the phone reboots itself. It comes back up ok but then does exactly the same thing again later.

Can anyone shed any light on the issue please?

Thanks.

Guest Biliskner
Just finished rooting my phone & applied the A2SD update, everything seemed to go ok, followed the guide exactly & the phone came up ok.

Unfortunately around every ten minutes, the phone reboots itself. It comes back up ok but then does exactly the same thing again later.

Can anyone shed any light on the issue please?

Thanks.

My guess is Apps2SD is stuffed. But that's only going off what my phone is doing (something similar)

Guest waterc00l
Anyone else looking at their amazing newly rooted Desire and thinking: "now what?" :-)

same here, installed everything i want and now i am finished and waiting for paul for the new rom (without HTC crap).

now what? :huh:

Guest sparklehedgehog

who has a gold card they wanna sell me as i am too pissed off to spend another 8 hours trying to sort this sodding thing!?