14/Jun r6 riskfreeroot - HTC Desire rooting guide - now with HBOOT 0.80 and OS to 1.21 support

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest xedamen

Hi All! Can I skip the "goldcard" step? I don't unterstand the guide, I don't know what should i do in the command and I haven't got a card reader! So Can i skip this step ?

Guest Pympster
on mac.... uncertain how to run the recovery file.....

You need to use terminal. Navigate to where you have stored the push files (its easier to store it on the desktop)

cd desktop
cd pushfiles
sh ./recovery-mac.sh
[/codebox]

hopefully that should work!

Guest waterc00l
You need to use terminal. Navigate to where you have stored the push files (its easier to store it on the desktop)

cd desktop
cd pushfiles
sh ./recovery-mac.sh
[/codebox]

hopefully that should work!

correct, or like i did: type it in the console line for line lol..

Guest waterc00l
Hi All! Can I skip the "goldcard" step? I don't unterstand the guide, I don't know what should i do in the command and I haven't got a card reader! So Can i skip this step ?

negativ at all, you MUST have/create a goldcard.

no offens cause i am also a noob, but if you do not understand the guide then please do not root your phone!

Edited by waterc00l

Guest Pol Hallen
does the rom included contain italian language? because in europe, some desire bought in france contains only english and french, while other bought in italy contains many more languages...

p.s.: i'll translate the guide in italian if you would, paul... and register for adfree modaco asap! Thanks a lot :-)

more locale2

Pol

Guest pascanu
No, It an update for the radio i.e. signal for your selected carrier and wifi I think... Its supposed to improve your reception..

Do we have any feedback? Does it improve anything? Could some brave soul that has updated the radio do the test presented here:

and tell us if the issue is resolved? (for the record, the video shows a Nexus but many people, including myself, are reporting the same thing happens with the Desire).

Guest theboxman

@paul: Just assuming I'll have your blessing to translate the text into spanish for you! I'll post it up here when I'm done! Please do let me know if it's ok though!

@everyone else: Could someone pretty pretty please help me with the questions on page 24....? I'm new to devices that actually run android by default and would welcome all of your knowledge and experience. The points asked are still a trifle unclear at this time.

Guest hisham
correct, or like i did: type it in the console line for line lol..

here is the result:

recovery-mac.sh

-bash: /Users/h.alhegelan/Desktop/android/tools/recovery-mac.sh: No such file or directory

Guest waterc00l
@paul: Just assuming I'll have your blessing to translate the text into spanish for you! I'll post it up here when I'm done! Please do let me know if it's ok though!

@everyone else: Could someone pretty pretty please help me with the questions on page 24....? I'm new to devices that actually run android by default and would welcome all of your knowledge and experience. The points asked are still a trifle unclear at this time.

i try, but i think i don't know more than you do:

1. Is spanish available on this ROM? -> yes, 99% sure, if not, use more local

2. Will I lose all the stuff I've currently set up? -> for sure

3. Will backup to SD settings save information/programs? -> information = yes, Programs = no?

4. Can I backup all of the apps so that I won't need to re-download everything once rooted? i think this is only possible with titanium backup which need root :huh:

5. Will I lose all of the nifty HTC widgets and customisations? -> no, you loose nothing. Pauls Rom = HTC Stock rom with root access, nothing is missing

Guest Pympster
here is the result:

recovery-mac.sh

-bash: /Users/h.alhegelan/Desktop/android/tools/recovery-mac.sh: No such file or directory

Can you copy out the whole of the terminal output?

Guest waterc00l
here is the result:

recovery-mac.sh

hah? wtf are you doing?

copy/extract the pushfiles folder to your desktop. then open a console @ mac and navigate to the pushfiles folder (cd desktop -> enter, cd pushfiles -> enter). Then do the recovery-mac.sh

what are you doing @ android/tools ?

Edited by waterc00l

Guest Mastoid

When i partition my sd card..it is ok,but if i choose ext2 to ext3 recovery prompt an error: Error : Run 'fs ext3' via adb in terminal, how to resolve?

Thanks

Guest waterc00l
When i partition my sd card..it is ok,but if i choose ext2 to ext3 recovery prompt an error: Error : Run 'fs ext3' via adb in terminal, how to resolve?

Thanks

do you partition the sd / convert from ext2 to ext3 via the recovery mode @ phone?

Guest hisham
hah? wtf are you doing?

copy/extract the pushfiles folder to your desktop. then open a console @ mac and navigate to the pushfiles folder (cd desktop -> enter, cd pushfiles -> enter). Then do the recovery-mac.sh

what are you doing @ android/tools ?

Location is not the problem..... I moved the directory to the desktop:

HishamMBP13:pushfiles h.alhegelan$ cd /Users/h.alhegelan/Desktop

HishamMBP13:Desktop h.alhegelan$ cd pushfiles

HishamMBP13:pushfiles h.alhegelan$ recovery-mac.sh

Guest Mastoid
do you partition the sd / convert from ext2 to ext3 via the recovery mode @ phone?

Yes, i selected this option while in recovery mode on the handset.

Guest waterc00l
HishamMBP13:pushfiles h.alhegelan$ recovery-mac.sh

sh ./recovery-mac.sh

or just forget this step, do a double click on the recovery-mac.sh, it should open with a text editor. Then type it in the console while in the pushfiles directory.

Guest hisham
sh ./recovery-mac.sh

or just forget this step, do a double click on the recovery-mac.sh, it should open with a text editor. Then type it in the console while in the pushfiles directory.

I think I see the problem.... I skipped a step!!! connect the device to your Windows PC and run textruu.exe

thanks all.

Guest Pympster
I think I see the problem.... I skipped a step!!! connect the device to your Windows PC and run textruu.exe

thanks all.

We all make mistakes! I hex edited my computer HDD rather than an SD card once, that was fun lol

Guest waterc00l
hello everybody...

one question:

when making partitions do i leave swap 32mb or set it to 0?

thanks Paul !!!

what i found out sthg between 32 or 128 (if you want to be extra sure) is ok. No idea what happens without a swap.