how to use app2sd

Guest Karim Ahmed

Guest Karim Ahmed

I am new to android and yesterday I rooted the device using Paul's tutorial and flashed the App2SD image to the device

I have a 16GB SD card with 2 partitions (1)Fat32 (2)ext2 (1.9GB) but I don't know how to install application on that partition.

You don't need to do anything else. Existing apps will have been moved to sd & any you install from now on will go to sd. App data & the Dalvik cache remain on internal flash however, so you will still see some decrease in available internal flash as you install apps.

Guest DesireUK
You don't need to do anything else. Existing apps will have been moved to sd & any you install from now on will go to sd. App data & the Dalvik cache remain on internal flash however, so you will still see some decrease in available internal flash as you install apps.

i have flashed and updated rom from the online kitchen.. with ap2sd..

but after setting up my sd card partitions (ext3 5120mb) (rest on FAT32) and then installing an app, im still losing space on my internal...

So im not sure if its working... how else can i check??

Guest Snarkasm

On your device, open a shell (install Better Terminal or whatever you like), type su and hit enter to get to SU mode, then type "ls -l /data" and make sure that /app, /app-private, and /dalvik-cache are redirected to /system/sd/app or /system/sd/dalvik-cache, etc.

Guest nikosrs4

it says system/sd/ etc for these folders but me too am getting internal space decreasing. it's weird nevertheless.

Edited by nikosrs4

Guest PaulW21781

Internal space will decrease slightly even with /data/app, /data/app-private and /data/dalvik-cache moved to the SD card, purely because /data/data still remains on the internal memory. Moving /data/data causes quite a few issues, so moving it is not recommended.

• 3 months later...
Guest onlinejobwork
I am new to android and yesterday I rooted the device using Paul's tutorial and flashed the App2SD image to the device

I have a 16GB SD card with 2 partitions (1)Fat32 (2)ext2 (1.9GB) but I don't know how to install application on that partition.

Hi dear friend

I am the latest new(dumb) person to Android phone I am using LG GT540 Optimus since yesterday, can you please explain what is meaning of rooting, can I do it to my LG optimus gt540? is that any way I can install all my app to SD card instead of main memory or ROM? as I am new please send me a link of step by step and what more I can do with my LG optimus? which phone r u using?

Thanks

Urvish

• 1 year later...
Guest Socrathyme

I hope this thread still works.

I made a partition on my SD card with Mini Tool Partition Wizard Home Edition, then applied app2sd. I am perplexed as to why my phone STILL claims it is running out of space, and won't let me install anything else even though apps are supposed to go now on the new partition at the SD card.

Please help.

i have flashed and updated rom from the online kitchen.. with ap2sd..

but after setting up my sd card partitions (ext3 5120mb) (rest on FAT32) and then installing an app, im still losing space on my internal...

So im not sure if its working... how else can i check??