[HOWTO] Unroot your HTC Desire

Guest 42turkeys

Guest kamidadevil
@kamidadevil, I continue to not see the point for you to downgrade/unroot your Desire. You risk nothing by using a rooted device, while have the advantages of it. So, why risk a new flash? True, it's a RUU flash so no recovery console is involved, but is always a flash. :rolleyes:

When a stable FroYo ROM will came out from this forum, you won't be able to retain yourself from flashing it, trust me. :D "Hiding" behind an unroot won't be sufficient, not for me anyway. :(

I agree with you mate, but really the threads regarding bricking etc are getting the hell out of me, i really cant afford to brick my phone as I have bought it online and getting a replacement would be a pain, I really hope this bricking issue gets resolved in the froyo roms. so if i have to flah anything now its got to be a froyo rom.

Guest afiorillo
[...] I really hope this bricking issue gets resolved in the froyo roms [...]

As long as it'll need the actual recovery console to flash, the "brick" risk is always there for any FroYo ROM too... :rolleyes:

Guest zilluss

Hi, where can I find out what FW, Kernel, Build and Baseband version I'll have after flashing the Generic Rom? HTC wants to know that BEFORE I send it in and I don't want to unroot as long as I'm not sure that I can send it in :rolleyes:

Guest Emperork
Hi, where can I find out what FW, Kernel, Build and Baseband version I'll have after flashing the Generic Rom? HTC wants to know that BEFORE I send it in and I don't want to unroot as long as I'm not sure that I can send it in :rolleyes:

i have a rooted desire and share the risks of unrooting it.

what i am thining is, instead of running 2 risk, 1: when you unroot, and 2: when you install froyo, will we instead have a possibility of being able to unroot/flash from rooted 2.1 straight to unrooted 2.2? (I don't care about losing data so long as I get a clean slate). My desire was and is unbranded with 0.75.

Guest 42turkeys
i have a rooted desire and share the risks of unrooting it.

what i am thining is, instead of running 2 risk, 1: when you unroot, and 2: when you install froyo, will we instead have a possibility of being able to unroot/flash from rooted 2.1 straight to unrooted 2.2? (I don't care about losing data so long as I get a clean slate). My desire was and is unbranded with 0.75.

Yes, when the official HTC update comes you will be able to flash it and become unrooted.

Guest 42turkeys
is this safe to unroot?

Yeah it is very safe as this is the same method that you would use for HTC official updates.

Guest odyseus

Well I tried this on my unbranded 3 network Desire and everything appeared to go to planned ie loaded the Generic RUU (Unroot-RUU-Disire-1.15.405.4.exe).

This ran OK without any issues/errors. On reboot I had to restore all my data as warned.

However, I do not believe my device is rooted because I get your device is not rooted errors, using root explorer??

When I try to open a adb terminal (with the desire in recovery) I get no devices connected. (I can open a adp terminal with the phone running normally and using the command - adb devices, I get the device serial number, just doesn't work when I put my desire into recovery mode??

BTW My Desire has a 0.75 bootloader, firmware 2.1update1, baseband 32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11, software Number 1.15.405.4

Edited by odyseus

Guest SgtDavePwnage
Well I tried this on my unbranded 3 network Desire and everything appeared to go to planned ie loaded the Generic RUU (Unroot-RUU-Disire-1.15.405.4.exe).

This ran OK without any issues/errors. On reboot I had to restore all my data as warned.

However, I do not believe my device is rooted because I get your device is not rooted errors, using root explorer??

When I try to open a adb terminal (with the desire in recovery) I get no devices connected. (I can open a adp terminal with the phone running normally and using the command - adb devices, I get the device serial number, just doesn't work when I put my desire into recovery mode??

BTW My Desire has a 0.75 bootloader, firmware 2.1update1, baseband 32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11, software Number 1.15.405.4

Errrr. You have just followed the guide to UN-root your phone!!

Try following the guide to Root your phone :( lol

Guest odyseus
Errrr. You have just followed the guide to UN-root your phone!!

Try following the guide to Root your phone :( lol

What a plonker I am ! :(

Guest 42turkeys
damn i installed a rom over at xda and now my bootloader is 0.8 any way to put back to stock 0.75?

No sorry, no way back to 0.75.

Guest pmcguire

Absolutely can not get this to work at all (tried on 2 pc's) I have HTC Synch installed and performed a synch prior to running the ROM.

I have the green mark down in the sys tray, run the exe and it detects my phone and reboots to the bootloader. Then it times out with a [171] USB connection error.

Anyone got any ideas?

I'm currently running 04/May 1.15.405.4 - HTC Desire Stock ROM

Guest Hypnoz

Hi

I can't unroot, I got an error just after launch the unroot exe. I used the first exe, I got the 0.75 bootloader on generic device.

visual.jpg

XP Pro 32bits

HTC sync is installed

No problem to access recovery mod with AMDesireRecovery

I'm actually on Froyo of RichardTrip (0.5), don't know if it's important

My system (XP) is on E:\ not in C:\

Does the problem can be this ?

My question, if I catch on the web the generic ROM (stock), can I flash it like a custom rom ?

Can be much easier for me.

EDIT :

I did it successfully with my other computer running under seven 64 bits. That's ok.

Edited by Hypnoz

Guest FoxWind

Hi,

I'm flash a singapore desire to modaco rom, after change few rom to test out. still feel the orignal rom for sg desire is the best( from my own view).

how every, no metter how i flash it, still can't been flash back to original rom.

Untill now still no one can fix it?.

Guest FoxWind
Hi,

I'm flash a singapore desire to modaco rom, after change few rom to test out. still feel the orignal rom for sg desire is the best( from my own view).

how every, no metter how i flash it, still can't been flash back to original rom.

Untill now still no one can fix it?.

i think i'm successfully unroot. because right now i go to recovery mode try to flash in CIME is unsuccessful. However, i still can't flash to Asia WWE 1.19.707.7 :(

Guest aclone
Absolutely can not get this to work at all (tried on 2 pc's) I have HTC Synch installed and performed a synch prior to running the ROM.

I have the green mark down in the sys tray, run the exe and it detects my phone and reboots to the bootloader. Then it times out with a [171] USB connection error.

Anyone got any ideas?

I'm currently running 04/May 1.15.405.4 - HTC Desire Stock ROM

I have the same problem with [171] USB connection error. I have tried two diffrent computers, one with win7 64bit and one with win7 32bit.

Anyone got any ideas?

Guest Pratik Lalwani

hi,

i have htc desire hboot 75, if i unroot with your process do i need a gold card?

and will i be able to receive updates (OTA from HTC).

Guest burst
I also have a .80 bootloader and I'm unable to return to a stock ROM. I tried every single one including the proper one for my Desire (O2 Germany 1.20). I also tried to extract the ROMs from the corresponding RUUs in order to flash them via fastboot.

Unfortunately, I'm always getting error 46 (main version error or something like that). I believe we're out of luck and have to wait and hope. I mean, it's not like the MCRs aren't great, but in case that we need to rely on the warranty...

Greetings,

Kurito

http://www.android-hilfe.de/root-hacking-m...ire-fertig.html

Guest ghale

Thank you very much for this ROM. I've reset my Desire so I've installed the new ROM that HTC released few days ago.

Now I'll wait for Froyo, then I'll wait for Paul on this great forum to make a kitchen for the new 2.2 version of Android.

Guest tatey2457

Have any of you trying to unroot tried SgtDaves recomendation of simply extracting the rom.zip (can be found in your windows temp folder after running the RUU) placing it on your SD card and renaming it PB99IMG.zip, boot into Hboot (vol down and power on) The rom can be loaded and flashed this way as when you turn it on the phone searches for this file loads it and asks if you want to proceed with the update...work a charm for me

Guest lethalbody
Have any of you trying to unroot tried SgtDaves recomendation of simply extracting the rom.zip (can be found in your windows temp folder after running the RUU) placing it on your SD card and renaming it PB99IMG.zip, boot into Hboot (vol down and power on) The rom can be loaded and flashed this way as when you turn it on the phone searches for this file loads it and asks if you want to proceed with the update...work a charm for me

I'm toying with the idea of trying this out but wanted to know if this worked regardless of which bootloader version you have?

Would it work on 0.80?

Guest pmcguire
I'm toying with the idea of trying this out but wanted to know if this worked regardless of which bootloader version you have?

Would it work on 0.80?

Yep, works fine on 0.80 bootloader, I just unrooted now for testing.

Cheers!!! :)