advice again lol

Guest crusader007

Guest crusader007

Hi please could somebody tell me....

i have a custom ROM Madaco 2.2 on my hero, if i for any reason wanted to go back to the official ROM would it be safe to just run the official RUU from the htc site, or do i have to unroot or change other settings first?

Guest Dr. dre
Hi please could somebody tell me....

i have a custom ROM Madaco 2.2 on my hero, if i for any reason wanted to go back to the official ROM would it be safe to just run the official RUU from the htc site, or do i have to unroot or change other settings first?

Just the RUU. :P

thank you i guess this will unroot it whe i run ruu?

When you run the RUU (ROM Update Utility) it will flash the ROM, Recovery, SPL and Radio back to the provider's settings so the phone will lose the root.

Guest crusader007
When you run the RUU (ROM Update Utility) it will flash the ROM, Recovery, SPL and Radio back to the provider's settings so the phone will lose the root.

thanks for the replys!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest crusader007

hi i have tried to download the none branded ruu but when i put in my serial number it says this rom will not work with my phone? is that because mine is a tmobile g2? do i have to use the tmobile g2 rom? is there any way i could use the none branded one?

i want to go back to official as i think the ruu will be far safer than me trying to flash it again, i have already broken a g1 and really dont want to break this g2!