27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul

I've updated the kitchen to include a script that puts the system part of dalvik-cache on /cache. It'll be in r2 of the prebakes, for then it's in kitchen only.

You can install it manually however (on an existing kitchen ROM or prebake), by downloading the script from here and pushing it to your device.

To do this, restart in recovery and do 'adb shell mount system && adb push 02cachedalvikcache /system/etc/init.d/'.

:P

P

Guest bbawden
For flashing the (kitchen) rom, until now I'm executing the rooting-method until I get into the Amon-Ro green on black boot screen and only then I choose to flash ( a .zip on the sd-card).

Is this correct?

It seems that step2-xxxxxx.sh of the rooting process keeps pushing the rootedupdate.zip while I'm pretty sure I don't need that any more (since I allready have a rooted device).

Just wondering?

Instead of redoing step2, you can just do recovery-[platform] which will get the phone into that recovery menu you mention above.

Guest Daisy Fetherweight
Instead of redoing step2, you can just do recovery-[platform] which will get the phone into that recovery menu you mention above.

that's exactly the answer i needed :P

Guest Golgo
I've updated the kitchen to include a script that puts the system part of dalvik-cache on /cache. It'll be in r2 of the prebakes, for then it's in kitchen only.

You can install it manually however (on an existing kitchen ROM or prebake), by downloading the script from here and pushing it to your device.

To do this, restart in recovery and do 'adb shell mount system && adb push 02cachedalvikcache /system/etc/init.d/'.

:D

P

Most likely I'm missing something but I can't get this to work.

Firstly, I'm a bit unsure about starting the phone in recovery - do you mean the default recovery (as in the one with no options) or the CRI?

If I start the CRI with "recovery-windows.bat" I can't issue any adb commands as that kills the server.

If I try to start adb shell when in default recovery, I get:

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell

- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -

Although the phone is recognized as being in recovery.

Help plz :P

Guest bbawden
Hi

I've checked my partitions, and I have

1: FAT32

2: ext3

3: linux-swap

Yet I still get it stuck in a reboot loop. Does it need to be ext4?

I got rid of the swap, but no joy - still a reboot loop.

I'm going to try flashing a version without app2sd to confirm whether that's the problem.

Has anyone else had reboot loops, or should it just boot straight into the new ROM?

Guest bbawden
Most likely I'm missing something but I can't get this to work.

Firstly, I'm a bit unsure about starting the phone in recovery - do you mean the default recovery (as in the one with no options) or the CRI?

If I start the CRI with "recovery-windows.bat" I can't issue any adb commands as that kills the server.

If I try to start adb shell when in default recovery, I get:

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell

- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -

Although the phone is recognized as being in recovery.

Help plz :P

Make a copy of the recovery-windows file (call it shell.bat or something). Delete the last command: "/sbin/recovery &" and delete the two square characters. Run that from command prompt and you'll be in shell mode.

Guest Golgo
Make a copy of the recovery-windows file (call it shell.bat or something). Delete the last command: "/sbin/recovery &" and delete the two square characters. Run that from command prompt and you'll be in shell mode.

Alright nice, but how do I copy the cache hack file when in adb shell?

Guest Edzilla

You can also simply use adb-nilezon.exe instead of adb

Guest bbawden

I got rid of the swap, but no joy - still a reboot loop.

I'm going to try flashing a version without app2sd to confirm whether that's the problem.

Has anyone else had reboot loops, or should it just boot straight into the new ROM?

OK, I installed a build without apps2sd, and it worked fine, so the problem must be with my card.

What should I do now? I could try removing the ext3 partition and recreating it. What about the partition option in the CRI? Does that just do ext3, or the fat32 partition too?

Guest miguelsanchez79
If you want to roll back your radio update, just re-root, which flashes the original radio on.

P

Paul. I did re-root my phone but still get msg "network locked" what am i doing wrong?

Guest Paul
Paul. I did re-root my phone but still get msg "network locked" what am i doing wrong?

Did you reflash a baked ROM with the radio or just the root process?

P

Guest jdouce

can we get the dalvik cache script? and instructions to apply it... theres no major problems wiht the rom so its kinda un necessary to re flash the whole thing

Guest miguelsanchez79
Did you reflash a baked ROM with the radio or just the root process?

P

Whole Root process from step 1.

in command propmt I got msg:

42 Custom Id Failed

Golden card is fine as I used it before to get root

Edited by miguelsanchez79

Guest Tobias R

I have the same problem.

I already tried several things:

Reflashing up to step 2. Reflashing up to step 1. Wiping. Removing the SD Card.

Trying the normal rooting method with the rooted update zip.

Paul can you give me a hint how I can get back to "normal" running state???

Hi. I rooted my device OK, but when I try and flash this ROM, it goes into an infinite reboot loop - must have done it 20 times before I poulled the battery.

What should I do now?

Guest Emmepi

:P

P

Solves my memory available of only 95Mo of this morning ?

Can we still cook a rom WITHOUT A2SD, and wi'll get close to 140Mo now ?

Guest SommoPastore

i can't flash the custom rom made with online kitchen :P

Deleting files...

E:Can't chown/mod /system/xbin/dropbear

(no such file or directory)

E:Failure at line 357

set_perm 0 0 04755 SYSTEM:xbin/dropbear

Installation aborted

Guest DevilX

Deleting files...

Installation aborted

I've got the same message.

Guest jdouce

did the dalvik-cache update still showing 74/147 mem remaining delvik cache has not been moved and no cache folder on sd

Edited by jdouce

Guest Tobias R

Man, It's working again. Thx for your confidence on it :-).

Maybe I forgot to wipe after step 2. Or the other thing could be that I tried to do it this time without my goldcard.

What happens if I'm not using the goldcard after that I already rooted the device? Shouldn't there be an error if its needed?

Tobias

Redoing step 2 of the root process should always return you to stock 1.15.405.4...?

P

Guest domaboul

Deleting files...

Installation aborted

same here.

tested with multiples differents "Online Kitchen" roms.

no problems with already cooked rom.

thanks anyway for your works

Edited by domaboul