27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest fatwolf
Argh. No dice. modifying that file did nothing, the phone still reports as an A8181 in About Phone/Hardware.

Hey Paul, help us out here, man! :rolleyes:

you might need to change the file in the MNS default file.

MNS/default.xml: <item name="value">Desire_A8181</item>

MNS/default.xml: <item name="value">http://www.htcmms.com.tw/Android/Common/Bravo/HTC_Desire_A8181.xml</item>

MNS/default.xml: <item name="value">HTC_Desire_A8181/1.0</item>

MNS/default.xml: <item name="value">HTC_Desire_A8181/1.0 Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us) Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1</item>

Given that looks ALOT like a useragent and it might be judging from that.

Guest gandalfmuaddib
- quick office is missing

- htc notes -> not installable

- amazon mp3 -> not included although selected in kitchen

Has Paul commented on this missing Quickoffice from R3 at all?

Y2J

I'm having the QuickOffice problem as well. Not only that, I checked Google Maps and it's not installed in my program list.

Did you guys select A2SD+ as well? I realize that all the missing applications are stored at /data instead of /system...

Paul, hopefully this helps you debug this problem...

Guest Muskie
you might need to change the file in the MNS default file.

MNS/default.xml: <item name="value">Desire_A8181</item>

MNS/default.xml: <item name="value">http://www.htcmms.com.tw/Android/Common/Bravo/HTC_Desire_A8181.xml</item>

MNS/default.xml: <item name="value">HTC_Desire_A8181/1.0</item>

MNS/default.xml: <item name="value">HTC_Desire_A8181/1.0 Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us) Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1</item>

Given that looks ALOT like a useragent and it might be judging from that.

Paul got back to me on twitter, says its a build.prop change to fix. Hopefully he's reading this now while uploading the new file for us, lol!

Guest fudgeboy

Much to my surprise, no one seems to have asked this yet...

Is r4 going to be Froyo?

(Presumably not... but do we have to wait just for an N1 Froyo ROM, and then build Sense in, or do we have to wait for ever for HTC to come up with a Desire Froyo ROM?)

James

Guest ico_zg

THX Paul for this ROM!!!!

I've flashed my Desire yesterday, and it works like a charm...

Only thing I was worried about, was a little bit longer startup, after flashing.

but now it works just fine... :rolleyes:

PS: I first whiped everything, and then repartition the SD card and the flashing went without a problem... :D

Guest worstenbrood
Has Paul commented on this missing Quickoffice from R3 at all?

Y2J

You need an APPS2SD enabled SD card, QuickOffice wille be moved to the SD card at bootup.

Thx Paul for this ROM, i took it appart and added the circled battery meter, OpenVPN binary + tun.ko and some apps i use alot (Added in /data/app so they get moved to my SD card).

APPS2SD works just great, just use CacheCleaner (available from market) and the internal memory you lose with installing an app is really minimal.

Guest EddyOS

I've got an A2SD card in my Desire and don't have QuickOffice (not that I ever use it, would just be nice to have it seeing as I left it ticked!!)

Guest Jamsi

OK guys, a few questions before flashing this latest ROM.

I've got r2 ROM at the moment with A2SD+.

What would be the best way to backup my phone/SD-card before flashing the new ROM?? I'm thinking of wiping everything before installing r3, so it would be nice to be able to restore at least the SD-apps after flashing. If I use Titanium backup to backup my phone, am I able to restore those back to the new ROM.

Every helpful tip appreciated.... :rolleyes:

Guest andready

I have installed this rom: - r3 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD+ - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire) / MIRROR (ROMraid / CoBlitz) - MD5: 57a52c1006119f9985f88fe48187d521 on my desire.

I've made a new partition on my SD card and a ext2 to ext3. My problem is that the phone still install apps on the phone. What is wrong????

Please help:)

Guest Elbereth

Just after rooting I flashed the MoDaCo release r3 without A2SD+ (I will wait for the official way to do things).

Works fine! I will get a subscription to thank you for the rooting guide & this. Thanks again Paul!

Guest worstenbrood
OK guys, a few questions before flashing this latest ROM.

I've got r2 ROM at the moment with A2SD+.

What would be the best way to backup my phone/SD-card before flashing the new ROM?? I'm thinking of wiping everything before installing r3, so it would be nice to be able to restore at least the SD-apps after flashing. If I use Titanium backup to backup my phone, am I able to restore those back to the new ROM.

Every helpful tip appreciated.... :rolleyes:

I had r2 running too, i flashed R3 without wiping, after flash i had all my settings and apps on my ext partition on SD. Everything works fine :D

Guest andready

I have installed this rom: - r3 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD+ - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire) / MIRROR (ROMraid / CoBlitz) - MD5: 57a52c1006119f9985f88fe48187d521 on my desire.

I've made a new partition on my SD card and a ext2 to ext3. My problem is that the phone still install apps on the phone. What is wrong????

Guest ascito

I just want to report my configuration, running fine:

MCRr3 A2SD++[KERNEL] OCUV ext4 + tun + cifs 1267 MHz+JIT

:rolleyes:

Guest Mikael1711

Same here.... + phone memory keeps decreasing, even though i don´t install anything.. perhaps a cacheproblem?

Guest ejstans

I just went through the rooting and installing the r3 rom with a2sd+, but I forgot to partitioning the SD card when I installed the rom. Do I have to redo the ROM installation or can I just use gparted and create a ext3 partition on the sd card and have a2sd+ work?

Guest afiorillo
I just went through the rooting and installing the r3 rom with a2sd+, but I forgot to partitioning the SD card when I installed the rom. Do I have to redo the ROM installation or can I just use gparted and create a ext3 partition on the sd card and have a2sd+ work?

You can create the partitions now. I just recommend you to do that from the recovery console: the partition' order is mandatory for A2SD to work properly and the console does it the right way.

Edited by afiorillo

Guest ejstans
You can create the partitions now. I just recommend you to do that from the recovery console: the partition' order is mandatory for A2SD to work properly and the console does it the right way.

How would I see if it worked?

Guest Qliratu

i dont get it my desire MCR3 + a2sd shows i got about 90mb free space and i made the ext3 FS about 1536mb.. i installed about 50mb apps.

I check my desire and the df -h i got is this :

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on

tmpfs 199.1M 0 199.1M 0% /dev

tmpfs 4.0M 0 4.0M 0% /sqlite_stmt_journals

/dev/block/mtdblock3 250.0M 190.0M 60.0M 76% /system

/dev/block/mtdblock5 147.6M 58.7M 89.0M 40% /data

/dev/block/mtdblock4 40.0M 22.2M 17.8M 55% /cache

tmpfs 8.0M 5.1M 2.9M 63% /app-cache

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 1.3G 55.5M 1.2G 4% /system/sd

/dev/block//vold/179:1 2.3G 376.5M 1.9G 16% /sdcard

is the /data FS the value showed in the info screen?

/data/ countains some files that have app names.. but /data/app also contains applications...

iam not sure how to see if ap2sd is working right.

Edited by Qliratu

Guest 325i

On the first post, it gives information but the link which tells you to install the ROM seems to be down.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must be rooted and be able to launch the custom recovery image using the supplied scripts in the root package. You can read more about how to root and launch the CRI on your device in this topic.

Has anyone got a link working so i can see the guide?