27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Climbatize

Hello!

I tried flashing the "r3 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD+" one, but I'm having a "quietly brilliant" loop. So I decided to take a no-add license and used the kitchen, but same result. I did a full wipe before flashing, each time. I also verified the checksum. What is my probleme?

Guest afiorillo
Hello!

I tried flashing the "r3 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD+" one, but I'm having a "quietly brilliant" loop. So I decided to take a no-add license and used the kitchen, but same result. I did a full wipe before flashing, each time. I also verified the checksum. What is my probleme?

The problem is your sdcard. I went in a bootloop too just ten minutes ago while simply restoring to factory my Desire in order to sort a battery drain issue.

You'll have to wipe your sdcard, best if by re-partitioning it from scratch. Make a backup of the FAT32 partition and after the wipe copy back only your personal folders (DCIM, music -- if one, etc.), leaving out all other (caches, etc).

Guest Climbatize
The problem is your sdcard. I went in a bootloop too just ten minutes ago while simply restoring to factory my Desire in order to sort a battery drain issue.

You'll have to wipe your sdcard, best if by re-partitioning it from scratch. Make a backup of the FAT32 partition and after the wipe copy back only your personal folders (DCIM, music -- if one, etc.), leaving out all other (caches, etc).

Thank you mate, I was just trying this solution, and indeed it worked!

Edited by Climbatize

Guest squrl
when putting an app into /system, will i still be able to grab market updates to that app?

Yes. You will then have an option to uninstall updates, and when you do so, the app will revert to the version you pushed to /system/app.

Guest Alcor75
Regarding the JIT, even gr0gmint said it is not using his own hack due to instability and R2 seems even more unstable than R1 with no speed improvement:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=39

Paul pls can we have a world from you about this? i want to update to this rom to use JIT (supposed to be one of the greatest gain gain added to android ) but i'm a bit scary

Alcor75

Guest bondbig

hello, everyone. I've a question: when will r3.1 be available for free download? Links in the first topic still lead to r3.

Guest josifbg

I really don`t get it.

There is a potential risk of brick your devices and you guys are flashing non stop?

And even Paul is releasing new ROM to which iam thankful by the way!

Did i miss something or you guys are just fearless :rolleyes: ?

Edited by josifbg

Guest afiorillo
I really don`t get it.

There is a potential risk of brick your devices and you guys are flashing non stop?

And even Paul is releasing new ROM to which iam thankful by the way!

Did i miss something or you guys are just fearless :rolleyes: ?

Only people suffering of the "premonition signs" described in the "ALL USERS!" thread should be concerned about using the recovery console.

Guest josifbg
Only people suffering of the "premonition signs" described in the "ALL USERS!" thread should be concerned about using the recovery console.

Come on :rolleyes: be serious.. :D

Guest squrl

Hmm still getting bootloops, repartitioned sdcard, wiped everything, baked again, repartitioned sdcard, wiped everything etc. etc., nothing helps... Will try to flash a prebaked ROM w/o A2SD+...

edit: Started randomly getting ADB error "bus error" while flashing, first signs of inevitable doom? :rolleyes: Will try at work, never had an issue on my work PC.

And a bugreport for Paul, still no N1 bootanimaion.

Edited by squrl

Guest ascito

What signs are you talking about?

Guest afiorillo
Come on :rolleyes: be serious.. :D

What lead you think I'm kidding?

I don't think you have a way to sort out this issue, so please read that thread (specifically, this post), and you'll figure out what we're talking about.

Thanks.

Guest yabolek
I really don`t get it.

I guess it will remain a mystery! :rolleyes:

r3.1 works great, thx Paul!

Guest squrl
Hmm still getting bootloops, repartitioned sdcard, wiped everything, baked again, repartitioned sdcard, wiped everything etc. etc., nothing helps... Will try to flash a prebaked ROM w/o A2SD+...

edit: Started randomly getting ADB error "bus error" while flashing, first signs of inevitable doom? :D Will try at work, never had an issue on my work PC.

And a bugreport for Paul, still no N1 bootanimaion.

OK so I managed to reroot. Even when the phone bootlooped for at least an hour cause I accidentally hit the power switch while the phone was in my pocket. Guess Desire is not that easy to brick as it might seem :rolleyes: Now I'll try to rebake a r3.1 ROM and see if I'll get bootloops again.

I noticed, in the system/lib/modules there are two files with same name, ip6t_hl.ko and ip6t_HL.ko. Is that on purpose? Cause it causes issues while trying to unpack the update zip on Windows, which are prompting whether to overwrite the mentioned file. If I rename one of the files, will the module still be loaded? Can anyone more experienced shed some light on this?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by squrl

Guest afiorillo
[...] Now I'll try to rebake a r3.1 ROM and see if I'll get bootloops again. [...]

Wipe your sdcard to quickly get rid of boot loops. :rolleyes:

Guest afiorillo
[...] I noticed, in the system/lib/modules there are two files with same name, ip6t_hl.ko and ip6t_HL.ko. Is that on purpose? Cause it causes issues while trying to unpack the update zip on Windows, which are prompting whether to overwrite the mentioned file. If I rename one of the files, will the module still be loaded? Can anyone more experienced shed some light on this? [...]

*NIX operating systems (like Android is) do consider letter case when dealing with file names. Windows, does not.

Don't try to rename that file(s), the results will be unpredictable.

Instead, unpack the archive under Linux in an ext3/4 partition.

Edited by afiorillo

Guest squrl
Wipe your sdcard to quickly get rid of boot loops. :rolleyes:

Tried that a million times, wiped data, repartitioned & reformatted SD card, unfortunately to no avail.

*NIX operating systems (like Android is) do consider letter case when dealing with file names. Windows, does not.

Don't try to rename that file(s), the results will be unpredictable.

Instead, unpack the archive under Linux in an ext3/4 partition.

OK thanks.

Guest akashkotak

1 question , after i updated the the r3.1 rom , in the software information on my phone it still show r3 .... how do i know if the update is done ... what info is show in software update after updating r3.1

Guest Climbatize
1 question , after i updated the the r3.1 rom , in the software information on my phone it still show r3 .... how do i know if the update is done ... what info is show in software update after updating r3.1

Mmmm I think that the roms listed in the first post are not up to date (same MD5 checksum as before). I fyou didn't cook it in the kitchen I think it is a r3 and not 3.1, cause mine is shown as r3.1 in Software Infos