com.htc.bgp and HTC Sync error

Guest 1nf3rn0

Guest 1nf3rn0

Hi all,

This is my first post but i follow you since a week or so.

I have bought a HTC Desire today and i'm trying to sync my contacts with pc using HTC Sync.

The problem is that when i try to synchronize, the phone say that the process com.htc.bgp crashed and can't continue.

i have tried to reboot the phone and close every service associated with com.htc.bgp but then i can't connect it at all to pc.

i have tried to remove all widgets that use gps and deactivate gps function but the problem persist.

Can someone help me please?

Thank you

Guest Erik P. Ernst

Sorry to say, but I don't have the answer. But I do have the exact same problem.

HTC Desire, HTC Sync 2.0.33 on Win 7 64bit.

Synchronization starts, but after having synchronized about 100 contacts then it fails with the com.htc.bgp error.

I got my HTC this Monday - it worked fine until yesterday, but now I have spend most of today on getting the synchronization to work again.

When I'm not getting the com.htc.bgp error, then i'm getting the "Unable to find HTC Sync o your PC...." error!

I am so close to go back to the shop and through the phone on their desk and require my money back and instead buy a iPhone!

Guest 1nf3rn0

True, it's strange i think it's related to gps or programs that use it.

Today i have rooted my desire and i'm not getting this problem anymore...but i think it will pop out again a day.

Guest Erik P. Ernst
True, it's strange i think it's related to gps or programs that use it.

Today i have rooted my desire and i'm not getting this problem anymore...but i think it will pop out again a day.

Why would it be related to GPS?

When I look at the running services on the phone, then the com.htc.bgp services is listed as started by the PSService and ObexService, and I'm getting a warning that I will get problems with synchronizations if they are stopped.

Guest 1nf3rn0

because i did a research about this problem and seems related to gps but i'm not so sure honestly, just basing my knowledge on what i ve found

Guest lanxton
because i did a research about this problem and seems related to gps but i'm not so sure honestly, just basing my knowledge on what i ve found

I do not know, but I would guess that the problem is more related to Windows 7 and/or 64bit not working right with HTC Sync. I have read that if you uninstall all the HTC software (including the USB driver), plug in the phone and let Windows 7 install its own USB drivers, then you reinstall HTC Sync, it should fix it. But dont quote me on it. :-)

Edited by lanxton

Guest 1nf3rn0

Eh lol, but it's strange that after the rooting process is now working for me and i'm using windows 7 x64 also i have rooted the phone with tiny core linux.

However if the problem persist i will try reinstalling htc sync and use windows 7 drivers

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest zakwrat
Hi all,

This is my first post but i follow you since a week or so.

I have bought a HTC Desire today and i'm trying to sync my contacts with pc using HTC Sync.

The problem is that when i try to synchronize, the phone say that the process com.htc.bgp crashed and can't continue.

i have tried to reboot the phone and close every service associated with com.htc.bgp but then i can't connect it at all to pc.

i have tried to remove all widgets that use gps and deactivate gps function but the problem persist.

Can someone help me please?

Thank you

Guest zakwrat

Hi all, i researched this quite extensively as i was getting annoyed with the force close message for com.htc.bg.

Most of the ideas point to Facebook being the problem and then i found the answer from someone else. My name has an apostrophe in it! By taking the apostrophe out of my name on Facebook, then go back into setup on your phone. On the "setup social networks" pagetake facebook off then add it again.

I've not had the problem since and its been 3 weeks. I used to get that message daily!

Hope this helps!