Cyanogenmod reconciliation with Froyo

Guest FrustratedOne

Guest FrustratedOne

Right now I have an unlocked/rooted Nexus One running Cyanogenmod with apps like trackball coloring, wireless tether, nexus one torch, etc -- once Froyo comes out, is there any way I can "run both" of them together somehow or does Cyanogen have to somehow integrate the upgrades of Froyo? If I switch from Cyanogenmod to Froyo, will I lose my other rooted apps?

Froyo looks really appealing to me but I am not entirely sure what I'd be losing

Guest FrustratedOne

But if I just went ahead and installed Froyo right now (I assume it auto-uninstalls CM), what would I lose?

Guest wrxtc714

Why can't you just reinstall your apps I don't understand why this is such a big deal for you.

I flash different Roms all the time and just reinstall my n1 torch and other apps.

What you need is a good app manager to make it simple for you

I can't believe you sound so helpless. You can figure this stuff out I'm sure. It's a no brainer

quote name='FrustratedOne' date='May 20 2010, 09:07' post='1281552']

But if I just went ahead and installed Froyo right now (I assume it auto-uninstalls CM), what would I lose?

Guest hah2110
Why can't you just reinstall your apps I don't understand why this is such a big deal for you.

I flash different Roms all the time and just reinstall my n1 torch and other apps.

What you need is a good app manager to make it simple for you

I can't believe you sound so helpless. You can figure this stuff out I'm sure. It's a no brainer

quote name='FrustratedOne' date='May 20 2010, 09:07' post='1281552']

There is no Froyo yet... Just the SDK... Won't it take weeks to get a real ROM?

Guest stevenz

There is a FroYo ROM but it's woefully incomplete and unstable. You won't get any more than you'd get from running the Android emulator in the SDK.

When full ROM sources and app packs are released, there will no doubt be a few options for FroYo ROMs, Cyanogen and Paul will be all over them. An official release of a full FroYo ROM is a couple of weeks off according to Google, but someone may lay their hands on it sooner.

Cyanogen has said he's not touching FroYo until all sources are available, he's not going to release any hack versions and I suspect Paul will be doing the same.

Everyone is just going to have to keep waiting another week or so.

Guest bedwa

Just goes to show the level of quality that both Cyanogen and Paul hild themselves to. (Of which I know we all thank them for :rolleyes: )

Guest Casao
There is a FroYo ROM but it's woefully incomplete and unstable. You won't get any more than you'd get from running the Android emulator in the SDK.

When full ROM sources and app packs are released, there will no doubt be a few options for FroYo ROMs, Cyanogen and Paul will be all over them. An official release of a full FroYo ROM is a couple of weeks off according to Google, but someone may lay their hands on it sooner.

Cyanogen has said he's not touching FroYo until all sources are available, he's not going to release any hack versions and I suspect Paul will be doing the same.

Everyone is just going to have to keep waiting another week or so.

Paul was one of the first to create an SDK-based ROMs on a Nexus One for Froyo, and the entire Desire port was based on a leaked Desire rom that he adapted to the N1. He's very likely to create a FroYo rom based on a leaked N1 image if he can get his hands on one. It's a testament to the quality of his work that people believe it's all from source and not based on leaked roms.

Guest Javierga

Hi,

I know I'm a total newbie and that I should do a little more searching, but I seem to have lost the telephone app and therefore cannot make any calls.

Updated the system with the recovery method (have my n1 rooted) and before I had sense rom for n1 installed.

Thanks a mill on any help!!

Guest AndrewTan
Hi,

I know I'm a total newbie and that I should do a little more searching, but I seem to have lost the telephone app and therefore cannot make any calls.

Updated the system with the recovery method (have my n1 rooted) and before I had sense rom for n1 installed.

Thanks a mill on any help!!

Wipe everything and install.

Wipe is needed if from different ROM to another ROM (example Sense to Froyo)

Guest Javierga

Thanks, I'll try it when I get from work. My guess is that with a nand backup I can restore to my other Sense rom, no?

Cheers! And thanks for the reply!

Guest Javierga

Worked like a charm!! Oddly enough, when I tried to reboot via the system recovery menu it didn't work and sent me back. After doing the system restore again, I did the power off and got going.

Thanks all!!

Guest P00rSpy

One thing you are sure to loose is memory, developer are REALLY slow at enabling APP2SD feature, I think

that this is a MAJOR flaw in froyo, I am not ready yet to let memory management handling to other people...

(I know about the pm setInstallLocation 2 function that doesn't work at boot...)

So needless to say that I am waiting for Cyan rom hoping he will keep the move2sd on the ext partition feature!

For those wondering, I receive a LOT of pdf attachment, this take up phone memory space hence my need for

more memory...

Edited by P00rSpy