24/May - FRF50 (Froyo) pre-rooted update zip + no radio option + online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ripsta

i was running stock froyo no custom image ....loaded into recovery wiped and tried to install this one and get signature verification failed???? someone help me plz

Guest Wardski

Friggin awesome. Pre release nexus one 2.2 loaded and working perfectly. Paul, you da man. Thanks for making the sacrifices to compile this update pack

Cheers from downunder

Guest lyrikal757
i was running stock froyo no custom image ....loaded into recovery wiped and tried to install this one and get signature verification failed???? someone help me plz

Why switch? just got back to the one you were using. no big difference. But my guess would be because your not rooted anymore?

Guest wrxtc714

Awesome Paul

i'm done with the desire rom

froyo is the best yet

and i have issues with some apps as well

you guys need to realize that the 2.2 sdk is still new

and there are very few of us actually using it

pretty much all of us here on this thread

the apps need to be ported to 2.2 so it will take some patience

i for 1 am willing to wait and stay with froyo

again thanks paul

ill be waiting for your froyo kitchen

Guest Vegito168

You are the MAN Paul!!!! I have already downloaded and flashed! The only thing is that I lost root, but fortunately a quick search @ xda, and I found that Cyanogen has posted a file to get root back! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Vegito168

Guest ripsta
You are the MAN Paul!!!! I have already downloaded and flashed! The only thing is that I lost root, but fortunately a quick search a xda, I found that Cyanogen has posted a file to get root back! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so theres no root for froyo right now????

Guest Nomad33fw

Had a few issues with the WiFi tether but it finally worked. Speed below is in Oviedo area of Central Fl. 823168294.png

Can't wait for the ROM's to be built off of this, some here are reporting they lost their root access, I can confirm I still have root access. Root Explorer is working fine, and superuser is installed.

The only thing I am missing now is my wake via trackball and Desire camera, all though the new camera app isn't bad.

I would really like to see 2.2 with Sense UI.

Edited by Nomad33fw

Guest lyrikal757
Thank U very much.!!! Works fine

BUT i lost the trackball menu and the light notifications. Somebody else?

im guessing you mean trackball pro?

it doesnt work yet. the creator of the app has to update it to work with 2.2.

if you meant the regular notifications.. idk. =(

Guest P00rSpy
Remember: Just because you don't *have* to wipe, doesn't necessarily make it a good idea not to wipe. Sort of like sitting on the toilet; you don't *have* to wipe, but you feel better when you do. :rolleyes:

Also, don't forget to do a nandroid backup. Doesn't save you on the radio image, but you could just reflash an old one if you notice performance degradation. Speaking of:

Did anyone take somewhat scientific measurements (same seated position, direction, and holding method) before and after the radio update? I gained aproximately 6db of reception from 4.03 to 4.04. Wonder if this is a setback or not.

6dB mean it double reception!

Guest JP Nexus 1
im guessing you mean trackball pro?

it doesnt work yet. the creator of the app has to update it to work with 2.2.

if you meant the regular notifications.. idk. =(

Tks. Well, i guess this is hapenning because i had to erase cyanogen. But i ignore wich are the regular functions of the trakball in the original firmware. Before i had the possibility of change the color of the notifications and wake up the phone pressing the trackball, all this since the settings menu of the phone. :rolleyes:

Guest katiepea

it worked, played with it for a few minutes, flashed over top of cm 5.0.6. i don't have a settings icon, clicking settings from the menu does exactly nothing, and app launcher force closes everytime i try to use it, so all i can really do is play around on the home screen, which seems more fluid, maybe i did something wrong, i dunno, but nothing really works at all besides it booting up. still nice to see work being done.

Guest minimonk
I can apply over the Cyanogen Custom ROM (5.0.7) without WIPE ?

I flashed over Cyanogen 5.0.6 - NP. I still need to apply a patch for root access. Installed Flash, digging the new features. In the App manager though the SD option is always greyed out. Not sure how to enable apps to run on SD... otherwise it's fantastic! Thanks Paul!

Guest Lokizilla

Apps need to be updated on a one-by-one basis before the Copy to SD function is enabled (as the SD card becomes inaccessible when it's mounted on PC, apps need to be able to work without requiring files from there). Some apps may never gain this functionality.

---

Updated, working fine, no major problems thus far.

Edited by Lokizilla

Guest bobmaniac

I tried it over mcr15 wiped cache/dalvic/batt/rotat. No fc's but my firmware says 2.1 update1 not 2.2 but it does seem faster just wondering if it's suppose to be 2.2

Guest bedwa

This phone is smokin better than ever! Faster smoother and sweet. Love full flash, crunchyroll with it's flash flv with text subtitles overlay works fine! Titanium backup doesn't recognize that it has root controls, so I'm not sure the issue there, but other than missing the sense addons, I'm login it otherwise!

Additional info just noticed pre post; you can upload a few things below! Its only from gallery, music track or from voice recorder, but with a few plugins or hooks from updated file browser programs, I'm sure we can upload anything from our device now! Can you say adding custom rom ingredients on the fly?

Guest Nomad33fw

Missing Apps!

ShapeWriter is not in the market place, I have forgot how to type, I see words in shapes, what am I going to do.

Guest fabiocampos

I get FC into launcher2 .. I don´t did wipe before apply (Using Kang o´Rama (Mod for Cyanogen 5.0.7). So, I returned to Kang o´ Rama again.

Thanks.

Guest ninfragiler14

Thanks paul,

Awesome rom. I cant seem to get the apps to move to the sd card though. Also i have problems with any browser other than stock. I also cannot get the jonas keyboard to work, just fc after i switch it. Anybody have these issues?