24/May - FRF50 (Froyo) pre-rooted update zip + no radio option + online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest crimz

Arabic support seems half baked too, you can see the letters but they are all disjointed and mis-aligned - hopefully its just a minor overlook which will be corrected soon.

Guest joelee
I have no Flash Player??

Is the move to SD card button working with you guys? i cant move a single app ive downloaded :S

If both of you would care to read this thread, you would have found the answer to your questions from the earlier post!

Edited by joelee

Guest griff_dai

Hi,

As anyone noticed that with this update you now can't do group texting, it only allows one contact (auto filled) then you would have to manually type in other numbers.

Apart from that it's great :rolleyes:

Dave

Guest lyrikal757
OMFG I NEED HELP.

Okay i'll try explaining everything.

I was on r22 initially. Downloaded the froyo custom rom, turned off my phone, rebooted, entered the recovery thing, backed up, wiped just about everything and went to flash zip from sd. Selected the froyo one, and it started to unzip and install. After it was done, I hastily read some text at the bottom that said reboot with volume down+menu or something like that. But in hurry, I just clicked on reboot system in the main menu with the trackball. Some screen came and my phone wouldn't get past the screen. I thought I'd take out the battery and try again. AND NOW MY NEXUS WOULDN'T TURN ON. It's not like its not going past some screen. It just isn't turning on. Had it connected to the charger for quite sometime now. PLEASE HELP ME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. :'(

PLEASE? :'(

If you pulled the battery while it was flashing the radio.. you bricked it.

The step you mentioned "After it was done, I hastily read some text at the bottom that said reboot with volume down+menu or something like that" is fine. you were supposed to reboot. the next step is when it began flashing the radio. You NEVER mess with the phone while it is flashing radio least of all pull the battery. Im assuming thats what you did as thats what it sounds like. Im sorry =[

Guest Raspster

The camera app is really buggy. I cant get it to record video without it crashing and rebooting the phone. Anyone else?

Guest Vegito168
The camera app is really buggy. I cant get it to record video without it crashing and rebooting the phone. Anyone else?

Are you running either one of the kernels that Cyanogen posted on XDA for Froyo? There have been people reporting the video function crashing then rebooting the phone with kernels besides the one Cyanogen posted. The only issue with Cyanogen's kernel is that using the mount USB function works up until you decide to click the unmount button, because at that point, the phone freezes, and basically your only option is to pull the battery. Although, Gr8gorilla did put in his post that his kernel with an update.zip format, 2.6.33.3 Nexus-Fireball-1.13GHZ-UV-21MB, was indeed working. He didn't go into details though about whether or not the video function crashes or not. You can reply to his post or PM him if you like. Maybe he can give a more definite answer.

Guest Raspster
Are you running either one of the kernels that Cyanogen posted on XDA for Froyo? There have been people reporting the video function crashing then rebooting the phone with kernels besides the one Cyanogen posted. The only issue with Cyanogen's kernel is that using the mount USB function works up until you decide to click the unmount button, because at that point, the phone freezes, and basically your only option is to pull the battery. Although, Gr8gorilla did put in his post that his kernel with an update.zip format, 2.6.33.3 Nexus-Fireball-1.13GHZ-UV-21MB, was indeed working. He didn't go into details though about whether or not the video function crashes or not. You can reply to his post or PM him if you like. Maybe he can give a more definite answer.

Tryin that now. Thank you VERY much. I'll report back.

Guest attn1
Is the move to SD card button working with you guys? i cant move a single app ive downloaded :S

How did you enable apps2sd?

try:

adb shell pm setInstallLocation 2

Guest Vegito168

try:

If you're away from your computer you can also do it from the Terminal Emulator. That's how I did it.

su

pm setInstallLocation 2

Make sure you get the capitalization correct as it is case sensitive.

Guest Vegito168
Tryin that now. Thank you VERY much. I'll report back.

Damn! Someone at XDA reported that the video function still crashes and reboots the phone with Gr8gorilla's kernel. I personally hardly EVER record video, so I'm gonna install it anyway when I get off of work tonight.

Guest Shuflie

Working here with flash enabled too :rolleyes:

Guest Morgren
If you're away from your computer you can also do it from the Terminal Emulator. That's how I did it.

su

pm setInstallLocation 2

And make sure you don't reboot phone, 'cause you'll have to reinstall many of apps to work properly. Like you'll lost your beautiful widgets or your advanced task manager will not autorun. And your keybord will need to config one more time. I doubt this method of enabling App2SD really worth to try.

Edited by Morgren

Guest Raspster

Vegito, that did the trick. Thanks man!

Guest megatran808

AWESOME!!!

Did a NANDROID backup, full wipe (just in case, I always like a clean install :rolleyes: ) and flashed Paul's FROYO. Waited for it to say reboot. then new screen says "Formating Cache".... reboot again. Signed in. Downloaded Adobe Flash from market place. Tested on www.2advanced.com. WORKS GREAT!!!!

Thank you Paul for your hardwork!

FYI

I have a ATT N1. I did the update with the new radio. tested everything, works fine ie (wireless, bluetooth, GPS, phone calls). Just make sure if finishes the update of the radio and the battery has a full charge.

Guest jan Vidar

su

pm setInstallLocation 2

try:

Tried both methods but the its still grey in "manage applications" cant move them.