crazy screen fixed with froyo?

Guest wrxtc714

Guest wrxtc714

Hey what's up guys

I use to have bad touchscreen problems on my nexus since I got it.

it is a known issue as some of you may know.

I've been using froyo since yesterday and haven't experienced any touchscreen issues yet.

I heard rumors that it would be fixed with froyo. I hope this is the case.

Anyways I Just wanted to get feedback from others That have had the problem as well.

Please post if you have any issues or if you use to have issues and Everything is working fine now.

Guest wastebag
Hey what's up guys

I've been using froyo since yesterday and haven't experienced any touchscreen issues yet.

Anyways I Just wanted to get feedback from others That have had the problem as well.

Please post if you have any issues or if you use to have issues and Everything is working fine now.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by the bad screen issues that you had? I didn't have any touchscreen issues on my nexus one, that were effecting my experience. The only issue the N1 had was the multitouch issue where the phone would get your two touch points mixed up when they crossed axis. Of course this was the multitouch issue on all nexus one's, not just mine, and it shouldn't have had any effect on most peoples experience on the N1. As far as I know this is the only screen issue on the N1, and it was rumored to be getting fixed in Froyo 2.2. Unfortunately this issue was not fixed in Froyo...I tested it using two apps(Multitouch Vis Test & Simply Draw), and the problem still exists. Is this the bad touchscreen problem that you are referring to, or did you have some other type of problems?

Guest ssarl
Hey what's up guys

So far no crazy screen problems.

Guest wrxtc714
Could you elaborate on what you mean by the bad screen issues that you had? I didn't have any touchscreen issues on my nexus one, that were effecting my experience. The only issue the N1 had was the multitouch issue where the phone would get your two touch points mixed up when they crossed axis. Of course this was the multitouch issue on all nexus one's, not just mine, and it shouldn't have had any effect on most peoples experience on the N1. As far as I know this is the only screen issue on the N1, and it was rumored to be getting fixed in Froyo 2.2. Unfortunately this issue was not fixed in Froyo...I tested it using two apps(Multitouch Vis Test & Simply Draw), and the problem still exists. Is this the bad touchscreen problem that you are referring to, or did you have some other type of problems?

It would seem like certain apps would make it happen

And it would always happen when removing my from from the desk dock or the car dock

only way I could fix it before was to press power and lock then unlock the screen.

I think you may be referring to the same problem.

But it has not happened once since froyo.

And its almost guaranteed to happen when texting or writing a long message like this one here

But its still all good.

Either way I'm happy. Lets just hope it diesent start up again. Because it was a pita. I love my phone a whole lot more without that problem. Now if only it would vibrate. My nexus has never vibrated but That's a whole other topic.

Guest Aspergillus

Of course multitouch issue was not fixed simply because it is not possible to fix a Hardware limitation by Software.

Crazy screen is something else. In the lower Part Of the screen the touchpoints are sometimes registered 2-3 cm. lower than you touch the screen. To fix it you need to lock and unlock the screen. Until it happenes again.

Aspi

Guest Vegito168

I concur. Still same multitouch issue here also as expected. Definitely a hardware limitation with this touch screen. The screen still gets the two points mixed up when crossing axis. We were all just hoping that better software would possibly alleviate the issue a little. Other than that, seems to run only slightly smoother than 2.1, even with OC. Oh well. I still LUV my Nexus One!!!!!!! As of right now, I will not trade it for anything! Not even an EVO! Especially not an Incredible! :rolleyes:

Edited by Vegito168

Guest jango76

Updated to Froyo last night from Paul's zip, still get the 'crazy screen' effect on the lower part of the keyboard. I haven't added any mods yet.

So far I've only seen the issue in GMail and Messaging.

Edited by jango76

Guest wrxtc714

Day 3 using froyo and still no touchscreen issues like with previous roms

I have not experienced it once.

According to what others are saying about the issues I guess I just may be lucky or something.

Everything is working great for me. Market flash apps2sd. I don't understand why so many people are having issues with froyo. I installed once and haven't had to do anything special except run the apps2sd command.

Oh and handcent just updated so it now works well on froyo in case you guys were having force close issues

Guest Rocky7

Just had a mild version of "crazy screen" on my N1 but it was definitely different than before.

I used to have to dab the power button to fix it (lock and unlock) but this time I could not hit a menu button in FeedR, it kept selecting MORE rather then UPDATE FEEDS (the button below in a 3x2 popup menu). Closing the menu and reopening the menu cured the new "crazy screen" issue.

So maybe this is a different (very minor) issue as I have not had the screen bottom third misbehaving as it used to.