MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest neilshoemark

Does the Apps2SD work properly on the Nexus One ?

Because over on the xda forums, they said that froyo doesn't have support for ext so Apps2SD wouldn't work so they wouldn't be able to implement it for the Desire or is that because the Desire isn't fully rooted like the Nexus One?

Just curious that's all

:)

Edited by neilshoemark

Guest GodEater

I'm having booting problems with this ROM too.

My phone is currently using the Clockwork Recovery image, not sure if this matters or not?

My sdcard was partition with FAT32 and then ext4 for use with A2SD on Cyangen's mod, and the first try I had at flashing this rom I selected A2SD+. This didn't work, and the phone stalled at the coloured Nexus logo with the unlocked padlock at the bottom of the screen.

I've now tried baking again with no A2SD selected, and now I'm getting as far as the boot animation, but this is just continually looping.

ADB logcat doesn't appear to work, it just tells me "logcat not found", so I'm not sure how to further diagnose this problem.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Guest aiewolf
I'm having booting problems with this ROM too.

My phone is currently using the Clockwork Recovery image, not sure if this matters or not?

My sdcard was partition with FAT32 and then ext4 for use with A2SD on Cyangen's mod, and the first try I had at flashing this rom I selected A2SD+. This didn't work, and the phone stalled at the coloured Nexus logo with the unlocked padlock at the bottom of the screen.

I've now tried baking again with no A2SD selected, and now I'm getting as far as the boot animation, but this is just continually looping.

ADB logcat doesn't appear to work, it just tells me "logcat not found", so I'm not sure how to further diagnose this problem.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Firts of all try booting it with no sd card in. If that boots then the problem obviuoulsy lies with your sd.

Personally id back everything thing up off it and wipe it.

This rom doesnt support ext4 only ext3 so that would have cause3d first bootloop.

Edited by aiewolf

Guest Sylar2010

Reading the Paul's twitter the R17 is ready to be uploaded!

I was waiting for an upgrade to my ''plain'' froyo for weeks :)

Edited by Sylar2010

Guest aiewolf

One quick question. I have been running this rom and its predecessor for 2 weeks now with the old style apps2sd+ script installed.

I found the old version of apps2sd to be a lot more reliable than the new froyo apps2sd.

Anyhow, in pre froyo versions of apps2sd you use to be able to turn it on or off via settings, manage applications and then the option was there to untick it, so giving you the ability to install on the phone mem itself. On this version and previous it doesn't appear to be there, so my question is, is there a way to upload the old settings app from the 2.1 versions ( or are they incompatible ) or is there some script i can run to turn it on and off.

Thanks for a great rom.

Edited by aiewolf

Guest bakano
Reading the Paul's twitter the R17 is ready to be uploaded!

I was waiting for an upgrade to my ''plain'' froyo for weeks :)

i just checked out his "tweets," and saw nothing about it... i'm REALLY curious as to when updates will be coming out. maybe you can point me to where you found that????

Guest qvert

you know that paul is from england

and that "this morning" is gone in england since hours? :-)

not that i want to say he doesn't do it :-) just to inform you about the timezone difference

Guest yankyjz
you know that paul is from england

and that "this morning" is gone in england since hours? :-)

not that i want to say he doesn't do it :-) just to inform you about the timezone difference

Oh I know bout the time diff! I'm just quoting paul, what happens from here is up to him!

Guest GodEater
Firts of all try booting it with no sd card in. If that boots then the problem obviuoulsy lies with your sd.

Personally id back everything thing up off it and wipe it.

This rom doesnt support ext4 only ext3 so that would have cause3d first bootloop.

Definitely wasn't the sdcard - I did a wipe and that caused the second boot loop to disappear, and the ROM is now up and running.

I'll try reformatting the ext partition as ext3 later then and see if I can get the A2SD+ feature working too.

Thanks for the response :)

Guest Formel-LMS

Nice :)

Have you seen, that trackball alert only works with Gmail and SMS/MMS?

No Email or missed call support there on r16.2

I have added an 'expert option' to the kitchen with a test fix for the Trackball Alert incompatibilities for Missed Call / VM notifications and stock Email notifications. Please report back findings! I will wait for feedback on this before preparing the prebakes.

P

Guest ElDiablo77

Hey Paul I know u r very busy with all these ROM's but any chance of a Froyo ROM like this on the Desire?

I wanna try Froyo out but cannot do without the old style A2SD & I think u are the only person (as usual) to get this working.

Hope u can find the time soon.

Thanx in advance m8.

Edited by ElDiablo77

Hey Paul I know u r very busy with all these ROM's but any chance of a Froyo ROM like this on the Desire?

At some point in the future... MCR for N1 will also run on Desire.

P

Guest ElDiablo77

I thought running ROM's from different phones was a big no no?

I mean if u say it's cool then I really don't mind losing the sense stuff 4 a while until u do a MCR 4 the Desire.

I really just want Froyo running with the old A2SD.

Guest CompSCI

After using the kitchen for r17... no A2SD - I keep getting a force close on the phone application:

Sorry!  The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...