MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Docmjldds
Yup running it here.

Hmmm... If you simply use the following, then no ext required. You basically keep the SD card entirely as FAT32. Froyo natively supports this with a simple ADB command. Then simply look in settings, and manage applications and you can simply move apps to SD or move back to phone. Certain apps not supported. Those requiring root need to stay on phone. Plus, compression is involved after moving to SD card which also aids in saving space.

adb shell

pm setInstallLocation 2

Above is the ADB command line to setup apps toiinstall on SD card. Below is the complete thread on XDA site. The is also commands to automatically do this instead of individually.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=686588

Based on all the reading I have done on this so far, the original apps2d or app2sd+ is no longer used on Froyo and simply invoking the ADB command line is the way to go. I originally had boot loops etc trying to get this version installed, when using the kitchen to bake and having either apps2sd or apps2sd+ enabled. I backed up my SD card. Reformatted the card back to FAT32. No more paritioning. Installed Pauls R16 Froyo and have used the ADB commands to setup majority of apps to the SD card. Just do not install and apps that use widgets, or notifications.They will have issues after reboots. And remember that rooted apps are to stay on the phone, not SD card.

Guest AndyCr15

Is there a theme file I can use to turn the notification bar black and get me some nice coloured icons again? Thanks.

Guest monci85

If you installed the original downloaded Frøya modaco, in the kitchen of r16 not enter any option apps2sd it works .. and then the radio I tried this and it worked .. Sorry for my English :( :(

Guest fabiocampos
hi trackball alert not work

Hi, see this in first page this topic:

"Features that will be added prior to a full release

MCK Custom kernel

Working HTC Sense Live Wallpapers

Coloured trackball notifications and Trackball alert compatible

De-odexed for you themers out there!" By Paul

Best regards :(

Guest Mahmut Fehmi USLU
Hi, see this in first page this topic:

"Features that will be added prior to a full release

MCK Custom kernel

Working HTC Sense Live Wallpapers

Coloured trackball notifications and Trackball alert compatible

De-odexed for you themers out there!" By Paul

Best regards :(

I read my friend that I'm not trying to get the latest version of the stain, but I do not work

Guest vinny.1967
Try flashing again, but this time cook a ROM without radio update and see if its working

Hi Paul if I downgrade my radio to 32.24.00.22U_4.03.00.21_2 will it mess up my froyo rom??cause my signal is terrible.

thanx

Guest joelee
Hi Paul if I downgrade my radio to 32.24.00.22U_4.03.00.21_2 will it mess up my froyo rom??cause my signal is terrible.

thanx

If you downgrade your radio on Froyo, your camera will FC when you take video. Froyo's video encoding is built-in to radio.

Guest vinny.1967
If you downgrade your radio on Froyo, your camera will FC when you take video. Froyo's video encoding is built-in to radio.

joelee thanx for quick respond..i can live without video i don't use it anyway..

Guest Deathwish238

This ROM is generally faster, but every so often the phone is unresponsive for a second or two. Could be an app...but I haven't installed anything new since I flashed this ROM over the stock FRF50.

Guest xet84

Guys i installed now a custom r16 with apps to sd + ..

what do i have to do in order for the apps to be moved to the sd card ? is there a procedure i must do ?

if i download some other apps from the market how do i transfer them to the sd card ?.

thanks

Guest vespabonvi

I downloaded the rom cooked, I copied the memory and I successfully flashed through recovery .... Unfortunately when I restart the phone to complete the installation process stops me on x colored android ...... what could be the cause?

Guest joelee
I downloaded the rom cooked, I copied the memory and I successfully flashed through recovery .... Unfortunately when I restart the phone to complete the installation process stops me on x colored android ...... what could be the cause?

Try without App2SD or App2SD+

Guest effenjee

Is there a way to see if I have the 2.1 build.prop installed other than checking for certain apps in the market? twice now I've baked, wiped, and flashed this Rom with the 2.1 build so I can get two specific apps from the market. the apps are more icons (paid) and square (credit card reader).

Guest vespabonvi
Try without App2SD or App2SD+

I tried to follow your advice but the result is the same ....... I can fully flash the rom but when I restart the terminal remains locked on the same screen, I tried to do a wipe but it did not do anything

Guest AndyCr15
The built in froyo apps2sd works fine

I don't know why anyone needs another way.

You must be the only person that it works for... or even that thinks its a good solution!

Guest qvert
You must be the only person that it works for... or even that thinks its a good solution!

it works for me too

the problem is that the dev has to update his app and include a "flag" that it's able to be transferred to sd card, this is because for example widgets apps and startups aren't allowed to be placed on sd card

Guest Formel-LMS

I want to say that this rom is very cool.

Everything works fine. I use USB Tethering now and it works very good.

Thanks!

Guest PeRKoniX

Do none of u guys have problems displaying flash in the browser? I've tried to reinstall the rom and also did a full wipe but still no flash was visible in the browser (like pluging wasn't installed). When I searched the market the flash player was found but told me it was already installed. I couldn't remove it (since it is pre-baked and installed to /system/app).

After wiping + reinstalling the rom flash still didn't work so I tried the following

1) Remove the flash apk from /system/app using adb shell

2) Reinstalling flash from the market

Now it works again :( Maybe the above steps helps if someone has the same issue.