MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Shahz
I'm getting FC's when downloading and installing apps on the market, when I try to use the phone and when I plug it into my computer it reboots the phone. Works great until I start installing apps. Funny thing is, it seems to be messed up no matter which app I install. Hmmmm.

P.S. I've wiped and reinstalled several times.

Exactly! I'm having the same issues too. Here's what I've done already:

- Reformatted SD card altogether and rebuilt partitions (0 swap/512MB ext3/remainder)

- Wiped (factory/cache/dalvik)

- Flashed update.zip

- Reboot

Still no luck! Just like the quoted message, whenever I plug in the phone to USB power cable, the phone reboots, goes to the preloaders, home screen launches and within seconds reboots again and the process is repeated over and over

Getting massive amounts of force closes. Among the famous ones are phone, Wavesecure and Swype

On top of that, when I "Switch Off" the phone, it doesn't power down. Instead, it reboots.

This is driving me nuts..

Edited by Shahz

Guest BustedFly

Hi guys,

I have a problem. I changed from r16 to r17 and now my device will not load more correct. The ad goes instead of 90% .. 91% ... 92 %.... 92% suddenly 91% ... 90%.

Where's the problem?

OK..I Wipe the Battery Stats and it work again^^

Edited by BustedFly

Guest aiewolf

- Reformatted SD card altogether and rebuilt partitions (0 swap/512MB ext3/remainder)

- Flashed update.zip

- Reboot

Still no luck! Just like the quoted message, whenever I plug in the phone to USB power cable, the phone reboots, goes to the preloaders, home screen launches and within seconds reboots again and the process is repeated over and over

Getting massive amounts of force closes. Among the famous ones are phone, Wavesecure and Swype

On top of that, when I "Switch Off" the phone, it doesn't power down. Instead, it reboots.

I always thought the partitions were supposed to be the other way round. For example mine is 6.5gb fat32/768 ext 3/64mb linux swap.And this always works for me.

Have you tried a different sd card as i had similiar FC's upon boot and it turned out i had a dodgy sd card. Swaped it out and no problems since

Guest richy

- Flashed update.zip

- Reboot

I had the same problem with lots of force closes and also not being able to power down the phone (it just restarts)... I dont have my sd card partitioned and did a wipe etc before flashing... Ive gone back to the desire ROM as literally I couldnt even use the phone to make a call (as the phone bit would force close)

Guest tiran

- Flashed update.zip

- Reboot

Same problem here... will try it again later

Guest veritasaequita

i was having all the same issues as posted above, now what worked for me is i went back and wiped and reformated in recovery to just 1 fat32 partition and its been smooth sailing since then. good luck

Guest McNexus

I got bootlooping when I included the radio in the kitchen. Going from the WIP release.

Then i went back to FR50 prerooted with radio included, to r17, A2SD with no radio, then no bootloop.

I thought then there was an issue with A2SD. Is there a way to identify this is working? The phones internal memory is going up and down, but im pretty sure the apps aren't on the ext partion. SHowing about 100mb free in internal mem.

I have the sd card formatted in recovery, fat then ext3. (I think - it asks for ext first, but gparted shows ext3 2nd)

I only have a linux live CD at the moment so a win7 or way of checking on the phone would be good as the Live CD is SLOW!

Thanks Paul for the sweet rom.

Edited by McNexus

Guest soulpilot
Same problem here... will try it again later

I had the same problem when i baked a rom with app2sd+ .....try a rom with jus apps2sd .It worked for me .

Guest joelee
I had the same problem when i baked a rom with app2sd+ .....try a rom with jus apps2sd .It worked for me .

App2SD+ is WORKING!

I have my Apps and Dalvik-cache on my /system/sd:

0 joel@joedev ~ (549) $ adb shell

# df -h

Filesystem				Size	  Used Available Use% Mounted on

tmpfs				   192.9M		 0	192.9M   0% /dev

tmpfs				   192.9M		 0	192.9M   0% /mnt/asec

/dev/block/mtdblock3	145.0M	109.0M	 36.0M  75% /system

/dev/block/mtdblock5	196.3M	 35.0M	161.2M  18% /data

/dev/block/mtdblock4	 95.0M	  4.3M	 90.7M   4% /cache

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2	571.8M	195.6M	345.8M  36% /system/sd

/dev/block/vold/179:1	14.4G	  3.3G	 11.1G  23% /mnt/sdcard

/dev/block/vold/179:1	14.4G	  3.3G	 11.1G  23% /mnt/secure/asec

# du -h -d 1 /system/sd

91.4M   /system/sd/app

6.7M	/system/sd/app-private

81.4M   /system/sd/dalvik-cache

179.5M  /system/sd

#

What I did was...

(1) I partitioned my 16GB Class 6 SD with sdparted (found in Amon-RA):

Connect your phone to USB, Boot to Amon-RA recovery and run "adb shell sdparted -es 640M -ss 0 -efs ext3"

(2) WIPE everything "twice",

(3) FLASH MCR r17 with App2SD+,

(4) RESTORE all my Apps & Data from Titanium Backup

Edited by joelee

Guest Aaron Taulbee
Can someone with the bootloop issue give me a logcat?

P

Sorry Paul, we're on different ends of the world, different time zones. I need my phone working today, but once I get home I'll give it a go again and create a logcat for you. That is, if no one else does before me.

Guest CompSCI

- Flashed update.zip

- Reboot

This was the problem that I was having... This was solved by reverting to the original WIP nand backup - then "upgrading" to the R17 WITHOUT a wipe...

Each time I wiped - I got the boot loops and force closes... Upgrade without the wipe - everything works great...

Guest tiran

Here is a logcat for this issue...

I have the same problem.

Another problem with this rom is when i download things from the market. I get "The process android.process.media has stopped un...." FC.

Can't record a logcat for that because of the issue above. The phone reboots every time I plug in the usb.

Hope that is helpful.

logcat.txt

Guest B.O.F.H.

With the addition to the "kitchen" build to include Desire Core, how do I de-select since I use the NexusOne? Or is it a "non-option option" like the main core files?

If so, can this be changed as it seems to be the cause of my Nexus locking on the "color X" boot screen...

Edited by B.O.F.H.

Guest Aaron Taulbee

I narrowed the problem down to Trackball Alert Pro. Once I was able to uninstall it (constantly tapping FC on phone application) everything started working again. Something is NOT compatible with r17 and that app. Looks like you already have a logcat but I can produce mine if you just remind me the commands.

EDIT: To add to it, its ONLY the Pro version. I installed the free version and everything is fine. Something about the pro does not like r17.

EDIT2: And even further, I installed the pro version again after the free then uninstalled the free and everything seems fine.

Edited by Aaron Taulbee

Guest waterc00l
Trackball Alert Free has been updated to work properly... Trackball Alert Pro users should just recreate their alerts.

If you downloaded the 'test fixed' build, redownload.

P

not sure if i included the testfix.. can i see that somehow at the zip file? (file sizes?). Or may you provide an update zip to undo the text fixes?

Guest kwazyivan

Cant Froyo support the Desire Camera App???

Would it be possible to implement the Desire Camera App in the Kitchen with the Froyo Builts please???

Edited by kwazyivan

Guest B.O.F.H.

OK, liking the speed and "feel" of the 2.2 ROM.

But I'm having a few issues which I'm hoping are self inflicted, but since I'm not a Developer, I need to solicit the advice of wiser heads than mine.

First off, I'm wanting to run in A2SD+ mode.

However, kitchen builds and the pre-bakes which include A2SD have this in their /init.rc:

# Execute files in /etc/init.d before booting

service sysinit /system/bin/logwrapper /system/xbin/busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d

disabled

oneshot

which if I read the syntax page correctly means that the dalvik-cache and a2sd scripts in /system/etc/init.d are disabled.

Secondly, I tried to build again today from the Kitchen, but with the additional "optional" Desire kernel parts, all builds fail to boot on install no matter how many "extras" I remove /leave out.

Thank you in advance for any advice /help /pokes in the right direction.

Guest ariurban

At first, coming from Paul's Pre-Froyo+radio mod (i'm T-Mob on Nexus).. I Baked the R17 mod incld Radio and App2SD regular (not plus)..

Got the Bootloop ( the screen where all the colors come together to form an X but with a lag delay)...

So I went back to forums and read all 16 (now 17) pages of replies to this topic...

I then Baked without the Apps2SD (can use that adb command to transfer 75% of the files to SD card instead or use from market "ModInstallLocation" app) on Froyo..

I also didnt include Radio this time (already using radio from Pre-Froyo (same)..

Phone booted up OK this time ;) (as mentioned on the 16 pages of replies of what worked and not)..

So far everything seems smooth.. market did act funny once while i was scrolling through Just In apps.. connection went from 3G to nothing..

when I exited market. connection instantly went back to 3G.. weird

but that was only once out of 5 or 6 times I went through market after that incident.

PS> coming from the desire Mod before.. I loved that Picture Gallery Widget that was with the Sense Rom, but now lost it.. going to Paul's Froyo..

Anyone have any idea how to get that Picture Gallery WIdget using Froyo now?

Yah there's alot of gallery widgets u can Buy on the Android market.. but I loved the one that came with the desire rom ;;

Thanks everyone and esp to Paul for keeping us at our toes for those updates (yeah and for his time coming up with better improved ROM updates -.0)

Guest Emmepi

FU CK !

Just baked a light r17, without app2sd, only core files + YouTube + Maps, Nexus doesn't boot

Freezed on X with bottm padlock

What's wrong ?

r16 with same settings = no install problems...

Wiped everything before flash obv...

Edited by Emmepi

Guest Pr1nCe5st
FU CK !

Just baked a light r17, without app2sd, only core files + YouTube + Maps, Nexus doesn't boot

Freezed on X with bottm padlock

What's wrong ?

r16 with same settings = no install problems...

Wiped everything before flash obv...

Same here... I've tried a variety of different rom bakes all ending with the same result every time...

Guest sergmarin

Yesterday flashed R17. Everything working fine exept Mail application, there's impossible to receive letter, process stopping at the moment of receiving letter... I wiped all twice...

On R16 all worked fine. Paul, please, fix that bug, because your customs are the best and I want to use it.