USB brick/rickrolled/b0rked -> FIXED!

Guest IEFtm

Guest MIYU-G
I then stuck the USB problems do not have access to recovery to make the update. zip .. I can not do the root ..

power off your desire link hyour phone to your comnputerusb,then press volume down button & press once power button,after see a three-android-bot screen,you should now use power button to select fastboot option,then you should see red letter "fastboot sub".ok you could do the step 1 of root process now,no need for loading the recovery

Guest italo88

Nome

spegnere il telefono hyour link al tuo desiderio comnputerusb, quindi premere il tasto volume giù e premere il pulsante di accensione una volta, dopo una schermata di tre androide-bot, è necessario ora utilizzare il pulsante di alimentazione per selezionare l'opzione fastboot, allora si dovrebbe vedere la lettera rossa " sub fastboot ". ok si potrebbe fare il passo 1 del processo di root ora, non c'è bisogno per il caricamento del recupero

[/ Quote]

The problem is that when I go to install the recovery from sd rootedupdate.zip I can not because I have no access to recovery for the problem usb adb brick ke me off .. I installed the rom-Unroot RUU-desire -1.15.405.4 ..

Guest Ikbentim

Hi,

I tried everything but my USB still doesn't work.

When i connect my desire to my windows laptop it does see an external drive but when i try to connect to it i get a message that it's not impossible.

Some info

I used R4 to root my device.

Then loaded this rom: " [ROM] Pays-ROM Desire Sparta v1.1 Dalvik+A2SD (Vanilla taste) [05/29/10]"

Usb is not working, i loaded the flash_image and the mtd0 from this thread, which all went without error.

Can anyone please help me i have no clue what to do next

Guest IEFtm
Hi,

I tried everything but my USB still doesn't work.

When i connect my desire to my windows laptop it does see an external drive but when i try to connect to it i get a message that it's not impossible.

Some info

I used R4 to root my device.

Then loaded this rom: " [ROM] Pays-ROM Desire Sparta v1.1 Dalvik+A2SD (Vanilla taste) [05/29/10]"

Usb is not working, i loaded the flash_image and the mtd0 from this thread, which all went without error.

Can anyone please help me i have no clue what to do next

This has nothing to do with the USB bricked problems. 'it does see an external drive'. The mere fact your PC notices a USB connection when

connecting your Desire via USB, means you're not USB bricked. Most likely some weird driver problem.

Guest Ikbentim
This has nothing to do with the USB bricked problems. 'it does see an external drive'. The mere fact your PC notices a USB connection when

connecting your Desire via USB, means you're not USB bricked. Most likely some weird driver problem.

Yeah but it happens on all my computers Mac and Pc

Guest vastloper

Reboot computer with phone connected.

It will work then.

I have same problem.

Yeah but it happens on all my computers Mac and Pc

Guest vastloper

@ikbentim

On phone turn off debugging mode

then turn on again

sometimes debugging mode is selected but not working after a factory reset.

Edited by vastloper

Guest 3shirts

Hey all. I have a very similar problem but on Nexus One!

I am working on it but I get the same Qualcomm driver prompt when trying to boot. Am on #modaco irc channel at the mo so please feel free to jump in if you can help :(

Guest aslsthlm
but the one in the post is with rom version 1.15.405.3 mine is 1.21.XXX.X although i dont know what values the X are... would it be ok to use it after just editing CID?

Have the same problem, someone ?

Guest abc27

If I already have my devices own misc.img dumped on the root of the sdcard what is the process for unbricking? I haven't bricked yet but I just want to know just in case...

Guest Snarkasm

You also need to download flash_image, which is on the first page. Store both on the root of your SD card. Use Root Explorer to copy or move both files from your SD card to the /data directory on the phone. Then, from a terminal app (Better Terminal, etc) on the phone, run the following:

su

chmod 755 /data/flash_image

/data/flash_image misc /data/misc.img

That will mark flash_image as executable and execute the flash, pushing the misc.img contents onto the misc block.

Guest aslsthlm
You also need to download flash_image, which is on the first page. Store both on the root of your SD card. Use Root Explorer to copy or move both files from your SD card to the /data directory on the phone. Then, from a terminal app (Better Terminal, etc) on the phone, run the following:

su

chmod 755 /data/flash_image

/data/flash_image misc /data/misc.img

That will mark flash_image as executable and execute the flash, pushing the misc.img contents onto the misc block.

Hmm.. how do I download the flash_image, right click and save as, or what ?

Edited by aslsthlm

Guest n8schicht

Wow, this thread saved my neck yesterday! All the sudden my Desire got bricked (and I just flashed the update.ZIP for stock lock screen). Nothings worked anymore. SD-card not recognized anymore and no way to use adb. Took me 1h or so until I managed to transfer my previously created copy of mtd0.img onto my /sdcard/ but after that everything went smooth :(

I'm sooooo lucky the devs found the reason for the bricking 5 days ago :( And I never thought it could happen to me...

Dankeschön!!!! :o

Guest mortazavi

I have rooted my Desire and I have flashed some cooked ROMs and I want to flash new ROM.

Should I do the steps in the first post at first for avoiding my phone bricked or I should do those steps if my phone will brick?

Guest MinhQuang
I have rooted my Desire and I have flashed some cooked ROMs and I want to flash new ROM.

Should I do the steps in the first post at first for avoiding my phone bricked or I should do those steps if my phone will brick?

you do those steps if your phone will brick

Guest Rudolfje

It might be a good idea to backup your mtd0 partition / misc.img while it's still valid.

It's not hard to make one, but flashing the original file is even easier.

Guest hotweiss

After updating to 3.1 my microSD card stopped working. And I can't get into recovery mode. When I boot up I get a message telling me that the SD card has been removed. I tried following your steps, but I am stuck at step 3. How can I finish it if I have no access to my microSD card?

PS-I've tried 3 different microSD cards that work on my Magic