Android/MoDaCo custom boot animation

Guest Fusion0306

Guest Epic-Emodude
I had nothing to do today so i played around and made a custom Android/MoDaCo boot animation.

Comments welcome

Part0:

poweron0007.png

Animated swf here: http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1275321744

Part1:

poweron0013.png

Animated swf here: http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1275321575

Video (sorry for the bad quality):

DOWNLOAD

In the folder if i were to delete Part0 and delete that line of code would it just do the Part1?

If not, what would i have to do to just get part1?

Thanx

Aaron

Guest Fusion0306
In the folder if i were to delete Part0 and delete that line of code would it just do the Part1?

If not, what would i have to do to just get part1?

Thanx

Aaron

I'm not sure about part1. I know about part0. You can always delete the part0 folder and rename the part1 folder to part0 and delete "part1 part" of the code in desc.txt.

Here is the guide for desc.txt: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hac...works-like.html

Remember, when you make a bootanimation.zip, you have to set the program (WinZip, WinRar, 7zip) to STORE, not compress, or else it won't work.

Guest Epic-Emodude
I'm not sure about part1. I know about part0. You can always delete the part0 folder and rename the part1 folder to part0 and delete "part1 part" of the code in desc.txt.

Here is the guide for desc.txt: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hac...works-like.html

Remember, when you make a bootanimation.zip, you have to set the program (WinZip, WinRar, 7zip) to STORE, not compress, or else it won't work.

If I dont unzip it will it still work?

Guest Epic-Emodude
I don't know. I haven't tried that yet.

Should the code now look like this ?

320 480 24

p 0 0 part0

Thanx

Aaron

Guest Fusion0306
Should the code now look like this ?

320 480 24

p 0 0 part0

Thanx

Aaron

Yes. The first zero is number of repeats (0 = as long as it has to)

Guest Epic-Emodude
Yes. The first zero is number of repeats (0 = as long as it has to)

Thanx.

Sorry to be a pain but as its only a quick job would you be able to put this together and upload it for me as I am using ubuntu and only have the option to compress to a zip rather than store

Thanx

Aaron

Guest Fusion0306
Thanx.

Sorry to be a pain but as its only a quick job would you be able to put this together and upload it for me as I am using ubuntu and only have the option to compress to a zip rather than store

Thanx

Aaron

Here it is

DOWNLOAD

bootanimation.zip

Guest biron_w
I personally don't know how to use ADB so I use Root explorer. I copy this bootanimation.zip to the root of my sd card and then I delete original bootanimation.zip in system/media and paste my copy. That's it

I don't seem to have a bootanimation.zip file in system/media so how would I do it?

*edit* i've tried just copying the file into system/media and it does bugger all. I really want something better than the boring "android" logo I have now :(

Edited by biron_w

Guest eckengucker1

The Android logo is the splashscreen and currently you cant remove it. The files provided here are bootanimations=the the spinning T-Mob circle.

Just copy the file to system/media anyway where is already another file or not

Guest Fusion0306

T-mobile Pulse boot animation (another one based on droid logo/animation)

poweron0068.png

Animated swf here: http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1275492856

Video:

CAUTION!!!

This animation is quite laggy. It's 24 fps and it has 133 frames. It caused a boot loop on my phone because I changed desc.txt to loop continously. Guess it did :(

Too bad this phone can't pull it off.

This version is safe, just don't change desc.txt to loop continously.

DOWNLOAD

bootanimation.zip

Edited by Fusion0306

Guest mnonmo
T-mobile Pulse boot animation (another one based on droid logo/animation)

poweron0068.png

Animated swf here: http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1275492856

Video:

CAUTION!!!

This animation is quite laggy. It's 24 fps and it has 133 frames. It caused a boot loop on my phone because I changed desc.txt to loop continously. Guess it did :(

Too bad this phone can't pull it off.

This version is safe, just don't change desc.txt to loop continously.

DOWNLOAD

This is too laggy :(

Guest Stevos

I've been having trouble getting my custom bootanimations to display, and I can't figure out why.

When I create an animation from scratch it displays only black, when I modify an existing zip file (using windows explorer) it sometimes works, but then stops working if I change too much.

I am using 7zip to zip the files, set to no compression, just store, with the nodified ones that stop working, I have tried unzipping them then re-zipping them with no compression (store)

My png files are the right size, 24 bit no alpha. I have tried creating them from Flash, Fireworks, Photoshop and Paintshop Pro, and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I'd appreciate it if someone could take a look at the attached example file and let me know what's wrong with the formatting - maybe I've just been looking at it too long.

thanks,

Edit: Oh I know there shouldn't need to be part0 and part1 in all cases btw, but I left them in, as originally when I was modifying existing animations, removing the part0 (and entry in the desc file) caused it to not show.

EDIT 2: This is now fixed - it seems it was some kind of glitch related to 7zip. I used IZArc instead and it worked fine. Working version added in post #53

bootanimation_heartbeat.zip

Edited by Stevos

Guest Fusion0306
I've been having trouble getting my custom bootanimations to display, and I can't figure out why.

When I create an animation from scratch it displays only black, when I modify an existing zip file (using windows explorer) it sometimes works, but then stops working if I change too much.

I am using 7zip to zip the files, set to no compression, just store, with the nodified ones that stop working, I have tried unzipping them then re-zipping them with no compression (store)

My png files are the right size, 24 bit no alpha. I have tried creating them from Flash, Fireworks, Photoshop and Paintshop Pro, and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I'd appreciate it if someone could take a look at the attached example file and let me know what's wrong with the formatting - maybe I've just been looking at it too long.

thanks,

Edit: Oh I know there shouldn't need to be part0 and part1 in all cases btw, but I left them in, as originally when I was modifying existing animations, removing the part0 (and entry in the desc file) caused it to not show.

Stevos, I tried EVERYTHING to get your animation to work. I changed desc.txt, changed frame names, I even tried importing frame by frame in flash and then exporting them. But even that didn't work. I don't know what could be the problem. Sorry :(