Who's moving to the Samsung i9000

Guest JaGuR

Guest purke

Omnia i900 is still a good phone, depends on what you use. I am a business user and for me windows mobile is still on top, all my outlook contacts and office documents are synchronized without any click of mouse (do you have like me windows os on your computer?). Yeah, all dose new phones are so shiny but my i900 still have better battery life. I`m still waiting for the right replacement.

Omnia i900 is still a good phone, depends on what you use. I am a business user and for me windows mobile is still on top, all my outlook contacts and office documents are synchronized without any click of mouse (do you have like me windows os on your computer?). Yeah, all dose new phones are so shiny but my i900 still have better battery life. I`m still waiting for the right replacement.

+1

In addition I can jog while listening to FM radio and have gpx tracking enabled. Absolutly no problems such as excessive cell data, bad multitasking, gps innacuracy or any privacy issues. Each and every feature of the phone is working as charm. Battery is great and can last several busioness days or a whole day of hiking/cycling...

Google & apple are simply not good enough for me.

Guest dbsimms63
It's nice but I will wait for 4G/WiMax...

The company that has 4G in my area Clear/Sprint will have new phones in 1-2 months so they say.

My Omnia will last me till then :D

+1 waiting on LTE to roll out and see what's available. The ole i910 will work til then. :angry:

I'll NEVER go back to Nokia! Nokia is former great firm, not best as it used to be. If I ever change Samsung (I'll not), it will be only for HTC...

+1.

Nokia is a "fashion" brand. Symbian is not the best operation system I think. Okay, you can have any kind of program to Symbian but I don't know. You can hack Android + WinMo + iPhone, but you can't do anything with Nokia. My bro has a Nokia 5800 and I have Omnia i900. But the funny part is, when my bro drives, he uses my GPS :angry:. Because Nokia has "Garmin" but Garmin sucks. I use iGO, it's awesome!

BTW I9000. I wish I could afford this "smartphone". Android... multi touch and a lot of tasty stuff. You can do anything with android.

And about WM7. I don't know, Android seems amazing. But Windows is still Windows.

Android rlz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111oneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneone

Guest ^nighthawk^

I diud actually move to this phone at the start of June. But i still like updating my Omnia with the custom roms and testing them out.

Sadly the Omnia just can't compete with the screen and power of the Galaxy S though, but that is technology moving on for you. At least the omnia has a flash on its Camera though.

Still an Omnia fan ofc :angry:

Guest andrew.mazlim

Well, I've wrote before here in Modaco (since I came), that I'm NOT a "pretentious" smart-phone user, I'm not "draining off" my phone. I'm doing simple daily use...

So, i900 is a FANTASTIC phone (as it was, when it released for the first time) and I love it.

IF I HAD the cash, though, since I'm a "futuristic/technology" freak (lol!), I would like to upgrade in a newest phone - probably i9000, why not? Or HTC, which I think they are good phones.

Guest JaGuR

Have had this phone for a few weeks now,

Wow, what a difference.

Exactly how a smart phone should feel :(

I seriously, don't even touch the screen, and it reacts :P

Smooth, fluid, intuitive .... and the screen, well frincken amazing :(

Guest andrew.mazlim
Have had this phone for a few weeks now,

Wow, what a difference.

Exactly how a smart phone should feel :(

I seriously, don't even touch the screen, and it reacts :P

Smooth, fluid, intuitive .... and the screen, well frincken amazing :(

I'm envy you, friend! I wish I had the cash to upgrade to the "new OMNIA generation"...

Guest abdullah_mian

+1

Guest awarner

Until there is a free or very cheap way to directly sync with Outlook there is no way I will be using an Android device that basically forces you to go through the Gmail servers for your mail etc.

I know that is what it is designed to do but I want my emails etc on my pc not on an unknown server.

Guest Astracat_95

I am seriously itching to get my hands on a Samsung Galaxy S, but I have only had my Omnia II for a few months (18 month contract) so I still have a while to go.

But I'd still keep my Omnia II even if did get a i9000 simply because they're such nice handsets.

I have just recently discovered how customisable the Omnia II is and I intend to carry on using that for the sheer joy of using it. But I am looking forward to using Android again on the Galaxy S, because I like Android too. I had a HTC Hero before the Omnia II.

I ended up rooting the Hero (issued by T-Mobile as the G2 Touch, tbh) which was a steep learning curve, but I enjoyed it!

Guest andrew.mazlim
I am seriously itching to get my hands on a Samsung Galaxy S, but I have only had my Omnia II for a few months (18 month contract) so I still have a while to go.

But I'd still keep my Omnia II even if did get a i9000 simply because they're such nice handsets.

I have just recently discovered how customisable the Omnia II is and I intend to carry on using that for the sheer joy of using it. But I am looking forward to using Android again on the Galaxy S, because I like Android too. I had a HTC Hero before the Omnia II.

I ended up rooting the Hero (issued by T-Mobile as the G2 Touch, tbh) which was a steep learning curve, but I enjoyed it!

Sorry if I may be an arse, mate, but I had them both (i900 & Omnia II) and I can say..., the "good-old fellow" (i900) was always responded far better that the "young-new brother", the Omnia II.

I bought the Omnia II to replace the old i900, but instead... I sold the Omnia II and kept the i900!!!!

What can I say? Maybe it's me, but I think Omnia II wasn't the best i900's upgrade.

Just an opinion, mete. I hope you didn't upset with these comments.

Guest Astracat_95
Sorry if I may be an arse, mate, but I had them both (i900 & Omnia II) and I can say..., the "good-old fellow" (i900) was always responded far better that the "young-new brother", the Omnia II.

I bought the Omnia II to replace the old i900, but instead... I sold the Omnia II and kept the i900!!!!

What can I say? Maybe it's me, but I think Omnia II wasn't the best i900's upgrade.

Just an opinion, mete. I hope you didn't upset with these comments.

I am not offended at all, I know of Omnia II's shortcomings, and most of them are software related and I'll keep flashing roms until I find one that will work the way I want.

Guest rigor.m

I have 3 quick questions for the ex i900 users that got a Galaxy S:

1. does the Galaxy S have an optical mouse ? ( I see a button in the middle but no review said it was a trackpad )

2. did you find anything as good as IGO for turn by turn navigation ?

3. how is Word / Excel editing compared to I900?

These could help me decide to switch to the Galaxy...

Guest enrycko
My last N70... almost got "flying" outside my window, once! Terrible device, HUGE like... handgrenade!

+3

My E90 too like a "Brick"

Guest andrew.mazlim
I am not offended at all, I know of Omnia II's shortcomings, and most of them are software related and I'll keep flashing roms until I find one that will work the way I want.

Well, I notised a strange CPU "slow" in i8000, less slower than i900. Do you think is all about OS (Windows/roms)?

Guest andrew.mazlim
+3

My E90 too like a "Brick"

+100!

Have you notised PRESENT TV spots from NOKIA, showing their... new models??? The "new" NOKIAs looks like they came from the... '90s! STILL HUGE, like a brick, working with software former decade! I can't understand, the NOKIA developers didn't hire yet... younger designers/programmers? Their phones looks like they are models from... X-Files, the two FIRST seasons! LOL! (You remember agent Mulder, using a... HUGE "brick" mobile? HAHAHA!)

Guest andrew.mazlim

Well, I didn't see i9000 "live" yet, but I JUST played for few moments in a store, with HTC HD2!!!!!

Now... now I can realize why former "cookers-myths" like Sector bought HTC HD2!!!!... It's SUPERB!!! Amazing! I wish I had the cash to buy it; what a marvelous device! If I had the cash now, I would buy HTC HD2 without question!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Revhead

For me, my choice of upgrade will largely depend on what phone I can get that will run Igo8.

Apart from the phone itself amd possibly the camera, it is the one app that I use more than anything else. Igo is better than any other satnav app and I especially like the ability to add speed cameras.

My family and I are currently with Vodafone but it looks like I have missed the boat in terms of the HTC HD2 which would have been my first choice. The Galaxy looks great but I am worried about moving from an OS that I know and understand and as far as I'm aware there is no port of Igo for Android yet?

Anyone have any recommendations in this context?

PS. I note Galaxy has a 1500mAh battery. You would have thought they'd given it more oomph because it's going to be working harder?

Edited by Revhead

Guest thescope
For me, my choice of upgrade will largely depend on what phone I can get that will run Igo8.

Apart from the phone itself amd possibly the camera, it is the one app that I use more than anything else. Igo is better than any other satnav app and I especially like the ability to add speed cameras.

My family and I are currently with Vodafone but it looks like I have missed the boat in terms of the HTC HD2 which would have been my first choice. The Galaxy looks great but I am worried about moving from an OS that I know and understand and as far as I'm aware there is no port of Igo for Android yet?

Anyone have any recommendations in this context?

PS. I note Galaxy has a 1500mAh battery. You would have thought they'd given it more oomph because it's going to be working harder?

Me 2! :)

I MUST have Igo too, luckily there is one for Android called Igo MOTONAV.

I am just waiting for T-Mobile USA to bring the price of the phone down a bit..

I hope within the next 4 months they will lower the price.

Guest andrew.mazlim

I like that Galaxy S too, but I think is running Android, right? I don't really like Android as UI; but I guess, we can CHANGE the UI anytime, right?

(Btw, HTC HD3 & Samsung S 2 are on their way!)

Guest asus535

I'm an i8000 owner and reading i9000 forums about problems. I cannot tolerate below minuses of i9000

- gps sucks (gps of i8000 is not great but, vagus fix made it tolerable)

- camera has no flash (I'm using it as a torch in dark places such as cinemas)

- battery life is shorter

Guest andrew.mazlim
I'm an i8000 owner and reading i9000 forums about problems. I cannot tolerate below minuses of i9000

And, comparing the i8000 with the "good-old" i900 of ours, the OMNIA I still is better. I know, because I bought i8000 to replace my i900 - I'm usualy buying a new phone and working it ALONG with the old device of mine - and I saw quite many issues I didn't like in i8000.

So, I sold it and kept the i900...

Nah... I think, if someone wonna get a modern/better smartphone, I believe HTC is the only way he must look - except it Samsung AGAIN release a MYTH, like i900 was/is.

Guest Billus

Those issues have been immediately addressed by Samsung after the first update. Most carriers would have provided it as an over the air update. Unfortunately, I have to admit that the only drawback on my phone (Galaxy S) is that their is no flash but it is no real biggie for me.

Battery life is good, not great. Depending on how you use your phone, battery can last between 2-6 hrs (constant streaming of live radio over 3g) or 1-2 days with normal use of the phone with backlight turned to lowestsetting. Screen is still readable and usable on the lowest setting, even in direct sunlight. It isn't really that dim to be honest. 3g seems to be the real killer for this phone (I don't get 3g where I live). For example, if I'm stuck at home over the weekends writing essays or doing assignments, the battery lasts for those two days easily even with constant texting and me playing Pokemon or Crash Bandicoot whenever I get bored (yes yes, I get easily sidetracked, tackled PC gaming but getting stuck on playing on my phone lol). What I'm saying is, battery life is quite good on this phone. It hasn't died on me whilst out clubbing so I think the real kicker is the 3g. The phone can also be a real sucker but I have it on max brightness at home.

The GPS for me works great; get a fix within 10 seconds or so, 30 at most. I use Co-Pilot Live and Google Maps. It could be a software issue others are experiencing but I have had no problems whatsoever with the GPS.

Hope this helps.

Guest asus535

I hopefully don't have i9000, and I don't convinced about gps performance, according to forums.

There are some fixes about correcting a-GPS parameters, but this is for intial fix only. important one is fixing to satellites.

Look at forums

According to above forum, there are still happy and un-happy users

I use igo8 on my i8000 and, can't live without a navigation program.

Those issues have been immediately addressed by Samsung after the first update. Most carriers would have provided it as an over the air update. Unfortunately, I have to admit that the only drawback on my phone (Galaxy S) is that their is no flash but it is no real biggie for me.

Here is a picture (HTC vs. Samsung indoor) from above forum. Look at others.

IMG_1501.jpg

There are people waiting for a fix from Samsung: Here (link)

Edited by asus535