U8220-6 NON T-Mobile

Guest novolo

Guest novolo

Hello,

i just bought a Huawei U8220-6 and its not from t-mobile or any known service provider... the actual device says only Huawei..

my problem is.. every update i found is for a specific provider... so im a bit skiddish on using them...

do you guys know of a generic U8220 update non service provider specific?

i went directly to the huawei webpage and they have several update files but, also, all provider or country specific files....

any ideas or help?

thank you very much...

PS: im stuck on Android 1.5 and would like to upgrade haha

Guest novolo
you can unpack the UPDATA.APP and install the ROMs manually. Read sticky.

i know how to install the ROM

im just saying... my phone is not from t-mobile, i've read a lot of ppl having problems with loosing 3G because they are from another country and frequencies get changed...

im just asking if there is a way to update android without changing frequencies... an android update thats not for a specific provider...

Guest Azurren
i know how to install the ROM

im just saying... my phone is not from t-mobile, i've read a lot of ppl having problems with loosing 3G because they are from another country and frequencies get changed...

im just asking if there is a way to update android without changing frequencies... an android update thats not for a specific provider...

You can install the T-Mobile 2.1 official update but it will mess up the radio on your device (u8220-6) meaning you won't be able to use 3g (reported by one user)

The only fix if you did flash the rom is if there is an officail release for your device.

I would link you to the topic but I am posting on my pulse and have lost it :)

But I have linked to it in many of these kinda threads so it should be easy to find :)

Hope this helps