Verizon "Get It Now"

Guest dbsimms63

Guest dbsimms63

Like it says I need to download the Verizon "Get it Now" feature back on my Omnia i910 so I can upgrade my VZ Navigator from 4.1 to 4.5, don't want 5.0. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Guest robertjm

Probably because I'd bet most people on here with VZW as the carrier are either not using that, or have removed it from their custom ROM. Out of curiosity are you still paying VZW for use of their GPS program when there are freebies like Bing and Google Maps out there?

I know, not a very helpful post either, but figuring an answer for you.

Good luck!!

Robert

Man I can't believe it 68 views and no responses. Come on guys help a fellow out.

Guest dbsimms63
Probably because I'd bet most people on here with VZW as the carrier are either not using that, or have removed it from their custom ROM. Out of curiosity are you still paying VZW for use of their GPS program when there are freebies like Bing and Google Maps out there?

Good luck!!

Robert

I have used Google Maps, but it won't give turn by turn, voice prompted directions, will it? I use the Latitude feature to follow family, but that's about it. I stll use VZ nav when I go somewhere, it works pretty well. Also, it seems my GPS doesn't work very well unless I turn on VZ Nav sometimes, and i have my GPS settings on COM 8 and 57600 BAUD

Guest dbsimms63
I never see the "get apps" tab when I type in the web address it mentions

when I click the media store I see a red bar labeled "Get Apps" but when I click on it nothing happens, no drop down with any choices. Any other suggestions? Could someone get the version 4.5 and put the CAB file here for me since i can't get to it for some reason, I would be very grateful.

Edited by dbsimms63

Guest event121
when I click the media store I see a red bar labeled "Get Apps" but when I click on it nothing happens, no drop down with any choices. Any other suggestions? Could someone get the version 4.5 and put the CAB file here for me since i can't get to it for some reason, I would be very grateful.

There is no Get It Now or Media Center on smartphones. What are you looking for?

Guest chopperthedog
There is no Get It Now or Media Center on smartphones. What are you looking for?

I remember "get it now" on my moto RAZR from awhile a go. I think what he is really looking for is the "VZ app zone" link in his programs. And since he is using a custom rom with bloatware removed it is not there. He was getting help on vzw forum with a vzw employee but as soon as he said custom rom subject seemed to die. ReFlash to stock rom get what you need and ReFlash back.

good day.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dbsimms63
I remember "get it now" on my moto RAZR from awhile a go. I think what he is really looking for is the "VZ app zone" link in his programs. And since he is using a custom rom with bloatware removed it is not there. He was getting help on vzw forum with a vzw employee but as soon as he said custom rom subject seemed to die. ReFlash to stock rom get what you need and ReFlash back.

good day.

Nah not worth it. Too much of a PITA..LOL

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dbsimms63

Good luck!!

Robert

I would love to use Bing and Google MAps, unfortunately neither have voice turn by turn for the Omnia, and secondly, I can't get either to work correctly using GPS, unless I have turned on VZ Nav first, then I can get a sat lock, and then I can turn off VZ NAv. Without BVZ Nav my supposed unlocked GPS will not turn on. And since VZ NAv is voice turn by turn I use, just don't like the newer version 5, it got rid of being able to see your lat and long and speed.

Guest dbsimms63

Good luck!!

Robert

I would love to use Bing and Google MAps, unfortunately neither have voice turn by turn for the Omnia, and secondly, I can't get either to work correctly using GPS, unless I have turned on VZ Nav first, then I can get a sat lock, and then I can turn off VZ NAv. Without VZ Nav my supposed unlocked GPS will not turn on. And since VZ NAv is voice turn by turn I use, just don't like the newer version 5, it got rid of being able to see your lat and long and speed.