Touchdown: 30 Day Trial

Guest nirave

Guest nirave

Has anyone noticed that when you open the TouchDown app (Dell included it to enable Exchange support), it says at the bottom that its a 30-day trial with full features?

If it is actually only a 30 day trial, does that mean the user will have to purchase the full app for Exchange support or have they only included a 30-day trial as they have plans to release a version of Android 2.1/2.2 within a month (that brings native support for Exchange).

Any thoughts people?

Guest knightpants

Yh, saw this also. TBH I want to get rid of quite a few of the apps but they cannot be removed unless we start getting custom roms :)

Guest courtlandre

I dont think they have plans to release an update within a month. Last time line I saw it was something like September, but Dell might surprise us. Either way, looks like the amazing people on this forum already have the streak rooted.

Guest courtlandre
Come on Paul give us the method :)

Ideally i don't want to remove it as I use exchange for my blog lol

I think ideally you would remove it once you have Froyo running on it. :)

Guest abxy12
I think ideally you would remove it once you have Froyo running on it. :)

hey...

I am trying to set up an exchange server email account for DELL streak.

For installation i followed the steps exactly as mentioned in

http://www.nitrodesk.com/tddownloads/tdstartup.pdf

I am using the connection mode as ActiveSync ONLY.

But when i try to 'Refresh ActivSync Settings', it fails saying

Policies: NOT INITIALIZED.

i am not even able to remove the account inorder to start again

Any ideas where i could have gone wrong?

Guest Andy Garton
You can remove it after rooting. ;-)

P

How do I do this please? I've rooted my Streak but there is still no uninstall option, and Advanced Task Manager won't zap it either. I presume I could just delete the files but is there a cleaner way?

Guest Andy Garton
How do I do this please? I've rooted my Streak but there is still no uninstall option, and Advanced Task Manager won't zap it either. I presume I could just delete the files but is there a cleaner way?

I did it (deleted apk from system/app) with root explorer and it seemed to work fine.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Eric.Druse
Has anyone noticed that when you open the TouchDown app (Dell included it to enable Exchange support), it says at the bottom that its a 30-day trial with full features?

If it is actually only a 30 day trial, does that mean the user will have to purchase the full app for Exchange support or have they only included a 30-day trial as they have plans to release a version of Android 2.1/2.2 within a month (that brings native support for Exchange).

Any thoughts people?

Yeah, it's trial Touchdown. But......, with this SN: A1114958003, it wont be trial anymore. I tried it on 3 streaks already. Perfect. Can update Touchdown to the updatest version via Market. WOW!!!

Remember: A1114958003

Guest davehod
Yeah, it's trial Touchdown. But......, with this SN: A1114958003, it wont be trial anymore. I tried it on 3 streaks already. Perfect. Can update Touchdown to the updatest version via Market. WOW!!!

Remember: A1114958003

Tried it and it works on mine - dunno how long it will be before they spot multiple accounts with this SN though...

• 4 months later...