[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest schenkelklopfer

could maybe please somebody tell me how i have to config my sd card?

if i do it with gparted, ...

swap 0mb

next partition 1 gb for the apps as ext2

rest of the sd for mp3s and stuff as fat32?

right?

thanks

Guest MuhaJR
Hi guys,

I have still HU-2.1 on my Pulse because UK and TRE won't work. So, I tried the FLB Mod anyway but it won't install with the same error message several others already posted:

After "Writing BOOT:" it says

"Failure at line 384: write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:"

And the installations stops. (Using Clockwork recovery currently, wiped everything before the translation, even tried with manual formatting)

I don't know what's the problem... as I said, I am using Hungarian 2.1 version, installed with the time machine 1.5 rom, then December update, then official HU 2.1 version and finally the custom ROM with Apps2SD enabled.

Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem?

Don't use HU 2.1 version - use UK 2.1 instead. Then everything should be OK...

Guest baotica

dude, I can't add facebook account under account and sync in options !!!

when I click on add account, and select facebook, screen just goes white for a second and return to accounts and sync screen.It doesn't return error or anything.To my friends I always appear offline, ecen when I start facebook app (1.3.2), I can pot on my wall and my facebook widget updates, but I can not sync account.And worst thing is that my friends see me as offline.Help.

Guest Karbonator
Don't use HU 2.1 version - use UK 2.1 instead. Then everything should be OK...

Errm... have you read what I wrote? "I have still HU-2.1 on my Pulse because UK and TRE won't work"

Guest RavemasterX

Right. On 1.1 currently, did a backup, then wiped data/cache/ext. Flashed 1.41 using the original Amon-Ra recovery. It booted, and got to the animation of the android on a skateboard surrounded by a whirly thing. Then after a bit the setup came up and I hit the button to enter my google account details- but then it went back to the animation, which kept freezing and reloading every 15s or so. No combination of button presses could persuade it to do anything else.

Now I've done a nandroid restore and it's sat there on the android screen (though only for a few minutes, I'm hoping it'll come back to life eventually). So anyway, what have I done wrong?

Hi All,

Yesterday I installed the new rom. I used the ClockworkMod v2.0.2.2 Rommanager from FLB 1.2 -> to 1.4.1. I created a backup from the current rom, then I installed the new rom from the SD card. It was incredibly fast, and the all my datas remaining (videos, ringtones, pictures on the card). It was not necessary to remove the battery! I just needed to install some of the programs (Opera, Barcode Scanner, Call History...), and to backup the contact list. At the moment everything is working perfect!

Thank you Flibblesan for your work!

Guest himalaya

I'm using FLB-Mod 1.4. It's very good and fast. Thank you flibblesan for your work!

But I have a question about GoogleSearch.apk. When I use it in China with Chinamobile SIM card in the phone, the default search engine would switch to Baidu.com, not Google. If there is no SIM card in the phone, it's Google. I tried to figure out why and extract apk file. I found that there is one xml file contains:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<search_config

version="1"

>

<string

name="searchType"

>

Baidu

</string>

</search_config>

So I think it's the issue about GoogleSearch.apk. Using official ROM is fine.

I have tried to replace this apk by the one from official ROM, and tried to modify the configuration xml file. It doesn't work. Anyone could help me to figure it out?

Installed FLB v1.4.1 (after 2.1UK), but it was veeeeryy slow. I switched from LauncherPro to ADW and everything is as fast as it was in 1.2. I'm happy now with this device. Thanx Flibblesan.

Hungarian T-Mobile MMS setting was not correct. Authentication type should be set to "PAP".

Guest Totyasrác
Installed FLB v1.4.1 (after 2.1UK), but it was veeeeryy slow. I switched from LauncherPro to ADW and everything is as fast as it was in 1.2. I'm happy now with this device. Thanx Flibblesan.

Hungarian T-Mobile MMS setting was not correct. Authentication type should be set to "PAP".

And don't forget after setting it to PAP pressing Menu button and choose "Save" - only way it works for me!

Guest waj1234

I find 1.4.1 fast in almost all account apart from when coming out of most apps, it takes about 5 seconds to slowly draw the home screen again before you can use it. And launcherpro often says its stopped responding, is that causing the slow screen after using apps? Is there any way to sort it as cant see a way of uninstalling launcherpro. I am new to this though so any help most appreciated.

And don't forget after setting it to PAP pressing Menu button and choose "Save" - only way it works for me!

Hi,

Where can I find this settings (PAP setup)? I never send MMS from this phone. :D

Hello,

I installed FLB v1.4.1 and UK 2.1 (previously running HU and Paul's WIP r7). Everything went smooth and working great. However PC suite doesn't see the Pulse anymore, so I can't sync my contacts ( I use Outlook contacts). I can connect to the device via adb. Computer runs XP SP3 Pro with all updates installed.

Does anybody has an idea?

Thanks!

Guest papacarlo
Hello,

I installed FLB v1.4.1 and UK 2.1 (previously running HU and Paul's WIP r7). Everything went smooth and working great. However PC suite doesn't see the Pulse anymore, so I can't sync my contacts ( I use Outlook contacts). I can connect to the device via adb. Computer runs XP SP3 Pro with all updates installed.

Thanks!

I have the same problem, pc-suite doesn't see the Pulse via USB after flashing FLB 1.4.1

bluetooth-sync doesn't work too. the phone is conencted to the OS (Win7 pro x64) but pc-suite can not open a com-port.

Any idea anybody?

Guest meinnit
Hello,

Thanks!

I think this may have something to do with SFP that was removed from 1.4.1. I noticed that it is launched when you connect phone to PC.

Fib, maybe you should make the removal of these processes optional? Maybe in the form of a script?

Guest whackster
I think this may have something to do with SFP that was removed from 1.4.1. I noticed that it is launched when you connect phone to PC.

Fib, maybe you should make the removal of these processes optional? Maybe in the form of a script?

Just extract it from another .zip, and copy/paste it, or adb push it to /system/app/

Just extract it from another .zip, and copy/paste it, or adb push it to /system/app/

Just tried it via push or copy in the shell (as root)

cannot create '/system/app/SFP.apk': Read-only file system

How can I do this?

Thanks

Guest thedarkduke

I cant install this via Clockwork

Kernel with launcher 'keep in ram' tweak only:

Download: flb-home_tweak.zip (2.36 MB)

Cant open flb-home_tweak.zip

(BAD)

I downloaded the File 3 Times and it never works.

Perhaps someone could check this plz.

thx

thedarkduke

Just tried it via push or copy in the shell (as root)

cannot create '/system/app/SFP.apk': Read-only file system

How can I do this?

Thanks

You have to remount the filesystem.

I cant install this via Clockwork

Cant open flb-home_tweak.zip

(BAD)

I downloaded the File 3 Times and it never works.

Perhaps someone could check this plz.

thx

thedarkduke

With Amon-RA it worked like a charm. Because of that the file on the server isn't corrupted.

You are totally allowed to make your own variation of this ROM. Feel free to tweak/customize/improve upon this ROM and release back to the community!

adb remount

adb push ....

Thanks. This worked. SFP.apk is in /system/app. Rebooted as well. Anything else should I do? PC Suite still doesn't see the Pulse.