[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest darkdevil1
hello.

I have flashed the FLB 1.4.1 and it was great! let my u8230 very smooth.

First of all my phone had the 1.5 TMN A1 ROM, them upgraded for Switzerland Sunrise 2.1 ROM and then FLB 1.0... to the latest 1.4.1

I have installed the navigation IGO8 and the phone go very slow in that app. Do i have to install UK 2.1 ROM to solve these issue? Its very recomended to upgrade do UK ROM and then FLB in my case?

Thanks

I'm guessing it's just a very power-hungry app. I have the same problem with CoPilot live navigation. Switched to Sygic (a different navigation app) and it seems to run a lot smoother.

Guest whackster
hello.

I have flashed the FLB 1.4.1 and it was great! let my u8230 very smooth.

First of all my phone had the 1.5 TMN A1 ROM, them upgraded for Switzerland Sunrise 2.1 ROM and then FLB 1.0... to the latest 1.4.1

I have installed the navigation IGO8 and the phone go very slow in that app. Do i have to install UK 2.1 ROM to solve these issue? Its very recomended to upgrade do UK ROM and then FLB in my case?

Thanks

Does the group option work for you on the system version? I get an FC. How do I take a logcat just for adw??

Guest igor_anta
Does the group option work for you on the system version? I get an FC. How do I take a logcat just for adw??

The group in drawer? No, I get a FC as well. Weirrd :D

Guest whackster
The group in drawer? No, I get a FC as well. Weirrd :D

Yeah, the standalone version works properly. Now need to figure out how to get a logcat on the FC.

Guest mark2410

hi ive just put on FLB and so far so good but in rather missing the default background that was on the tmobile uk 2.1 rom. would anyone happen to have it available for me to get a copy?

Guest whackster
Most likely because the system versions have been compiled for Cyanogenmod roms.

Exactly what I was thinking. However everything else seems to work ok, just need to provide logcat with the FC for anders, hopefully its an easy fix.

Guest Simon O
Exactly what I was thinking. However everything else seems to work ok, just need to provide logcat with the FC for anders, hopefully its an easy fix.

Which he will then reply to you and tell you to compile your own version against the Android base for our phones. Except we don't have a 2.1 base to compile against.

Been there, done that.

Guest totiadrenalin

I'ms sorry for overcrowding the topic, but I have a problem with the Rom manager.

When I try the option Fix Premissions one error occured.

(An error occured while attemting to run privileged commands.)

Can somebody help please?

Guest xfighter11

Hi again,

it's running more stable now after factory reset and wipe. But is it normal you get error windows from time to time (all 30 minutes or so). Process acore blabla - Wait or close. I only want to know if I'm the only one with this problem.

Or can I disable this popping window in the Preferences? I don't know why this windows appear. Has it to do with launcher Pro? I found no way to deinstall it. I installed ADW.Launcher and found no Preferences. Is ADW.Launcher faster than Launcher Pro?

Guest Simon O
Hi again,

it's running more stable now after factory reset and wipe. But is it normal you get error windows from time to time (all 30 minutes or so). Process acore blabla - Wait or close. I only want to know if I'm the only one with this problem.

No it's not normal. If you've installed some programs before the errors started to happen then they will be the cause. If they happen regardless of what's installed on the phone then it can indicate a problem with your phone itself.

Best thing to do in the event of any issues like this is to do a full wipe of your phone and re-partition the SD card. Make sure it's at least a Class 4 SD card so A2SD works correctly. Anything less than this will cause problems and you will need to disable A2SD permanently.

Guest Simon O
I'ms sorry for overcrowding the topic, but I have a problem with the Rom manager.

When I try the option Fix Premissions one error occured.

(An error occured while attemting to run privileged commands.)

Can somebody help please?

Make sure Superuser has ROMManager listed as allowed (green circle). If the Superuser app is failing then you will need to reinstall this. Download and flash this update: http://bit.ly/su2321ef

Guest xfighter11
No it's not normal. If you've installed some programs before the errors started to happen then they will be the cause. If they happen regardless of what's installed on the phone then it can indicate a problem with your phone itself.

Best thing to do in the event of any issues like this is to do a full wipe of your phone and re-partition the SD card. Make sure it's at least a Class 4 SD card so A2SD works correctly. Anything less than this will cause problems and you will need to disable A2SD permanently.

I use the included transcend card and I didn't a re-partition of my sd card until now. Is the included card fast enough? And is there any way to see if A2SD is running? And how to do the partition of the card? I thought FLB Mod does everything automatically.

THX for your help in advance! I cannot imagine that there is something wrong with my phone because I do not experience this issues with the UK 2.1 rom and also not with J-MOD. So it is possible that it has to do with A2SD.

/EDiT: I googled a little and the included micro sd card seems to be the prob. I think its a class 2 card. If I'm getting a class 6 card from amazon do you think my probs will be away?

Edited by xfighter11

Guest andreass4

hey!

im testing snesoid emu at the moment and i think it is nearly unplayable without multitouch :D

so is there any possibility to integrate multitouch in this rom? thought bigbear has done this for 1.5 not?

Guest igor_anta
hey!

im testing snesoid emu at the moment and i think it is nearly unplayable without multitouch :D

so is there any possibility to integrate multitouch in this rom? thought bigbear has done this for 1.5 not?

Nope, BigBear tried to add it, but without success. He says that the hardware supports multitouch but the firmware does not, and since we don't have the source, yet, not much can be done.

Guest Vitamincbu

Hey guys, I got a very big Problem, my Apps 2 sd isnt working since I installed 1.41. First i thought thats because im using the hungarian 2.1, so i updatet the uk one, but i got the same problem, i have done everything like usuall (wipe ....) and I also formated the sd card with swap size 0 and with 512mb as usual,..... any ideas ?

Guest Daz555
Hey guys, I got a very big Problem, my Apps 2 sd isnt working since I installed 1.41. First i thought thats because im using the hungarian 2.1, so i updatet the uk one, but i got the same problem, i have done everything like usuall (wipe ....) and I also formated the sd card with swap size 0 and with 512mb as usual,..... any ideas ?

Open the Terminal Emulator application and type:

su

as2d check

What does it say about as2d?

Guest totiadrenalin
Make sure Superuser has ROMManager listed as allowed (green circle). If the Superuser app is failing then you will need to reinstall this. Download and flash this update: http://bit.ly/su2321ef

No I guess the problem was somewhere else?!

I reflash the superuser zip, but the same error again.

So I had to flash the flb_mod_1.4.1.zip again, with full wipe before that, and even than the error was solved.

Thanks for the advice anyway.

Guest xfighter11

I installed the App "Quck System Info" and it told me that there is no A2SD-Memory. Why? I thought A2SD is installed automatically. If not how to do? But when I'm not using A2SD the speed of the sd card is unimportant, isn't it?

Pls help me!

Guest Daz555
I installed the App "Quck System Info" and it told me that there is no A2SD-Memory. Why? I thought A2SD is installed automatically. If not how to do? But when I'm not using A2SD the speed of the sd card is unimportant, isn't it?

Pls help me!

You need to partition your sd card correctly for a2sd to work. Mine is setup as follows:

0mb swap

512mb ext 2

remainder fat32.

This can be set using amon-ra recovery menu.

Edited by Daz555

Guest Vitamincbu
Open the Terminal Emulator application and type:

su

as2d check

What does it say about as2d?

"Not found"

:huh:

Ich formated it like this ..... @ Daz555

I`m using Launcher pro, does this matter ?

Edited by Vitamincbu

Guest xfighter11

I just installed Quick System Info to check if my A2SD partition is active and that is fact. But saw in the active processes that android.process.acore (the always crashing process) is active two times. Is this normal?