[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest Trebor Rude
It worked fine for me when I used the hungarian rom, CUSTOM_HU and the old oscillation rom , now I'm on the swedish tre-rom as base, and FLB 1.41 on that.

How bizarre. I wonder what will happen if I switch to my US AT&T SIM card... No time tonight, though.

Based on a statement by flibblesan, I used adb to check the phone, and I see that all the APNs I've entered are in 'carriers' table of the telephony.db file.

I also noticed a message in logcat that seemed to be associated with the case where the APN disappeared:

D/TelephonyProvider(15521): Setting numeric '23430' to be the current operator

EDIT: 234 / 30 are T-Mobile UK's MCC/MNC.

Don't know which source I should look in to find that message, though.

Edited by Trebor Rude

Guest fredewis
It's ok :huh:

Yes that's probably the reason. If you move dalvik cache back to the device then upgrade it will work fine.

I need to spend a few days working out a way to do an update that isn't affected by a2sd.

O ok that would be great and hay well one question i have been monitoring my ram and it seem to stay in 17mb most of the times any way to get it up ?

Guest sosrandom

With 1.5 I'm missing the options to change the number of screens in the ADW menu, I haven't installed LauncherPro, just gone from a clean 1.31 with ADW to 1.5.

Any ideas, I assume there supposed to be there?

EDIT: just incase anyone else is silly like me Click Menu, then Edit to add and remove home screens.

Edited by sosrandom

Guest Totyasrác
How are you guys getting memory usage data?

Are you running a memory info app or is it in settings somewhere?

Both. They show the same value. I've just mentioned both ways just today on this topic. But then again:

1. I use SysMonitor (free from Market) as an app

2. Settings/Applications/running apps, bottom line shows RAM (have to add them up).

Guest biron_w
If you have an error installing the update regarding "line 5" then this is the part which copies files to the data partition. In most cases this means you may need to wipe.

I did get that error message but then moved dalvic cache back to system and then it updated fine.

Guest jerryjerry

Gprs did not work with FLB1.5ADW or FLB1.5LP on my U8220(small rom version, UK 2.1).

I used FLB1.41 before and gprs worked.

CHINA MOBILE (CMCC)

Does any one have the same problem? tks!

Edited by jerryjerry

Hi everybody

I need some advice...

Now i use android 2.1 HU, with FLB-MOD 1.0. And i dont have problems.

Now i want to put FLB-MOD 1.5.

Should i install android 2.1 UK and flb-mod 1.5 or just flb-mod 1.5?

Thanks

Guest Totyasrác
Hi everybody

I need some advice...

Now i use android 2.1 HU, with FLB-MOD 1.0. And i dont have problems.

Now i want to put FLB-MOD 1.5.

Should i install android 2.1 UK and flb-mod 1.5 or just flb-mod 1.5?

Thanks

Could you please just read the very first post in this thread?! It's there, with CAPITAL letters...

"Users that updated using the Tre 2.1 ROM or the Hungarian 2.1 ROM do not have to update to UK 2.1 in order to use FLB-Mod."

So if you're satisfied - don't have to. You said no problems. So what is the question?

Could you please just read the very first post in this thread?! It's there, with CAPITAL letters...

"Users that updated using the Tre 2.1 ROM or the Hungarian 2.1 ROM do not have to update to UK 2.1 in order to use FLB-Mod."

So if you're satisfied - don't have to. You said no problems. So what is the question?

Of course i have read that. Someone wrote that android 2.1 UK solved many problems that android 2.1 HU had. So i need advice, which is better Uk or HU? That is my question. Does it worth to update android 2,1 UK?

Guest goce.nakov
Of course i have read that. Someone wrote that android 2.1 UK solved many problems that android 2.1 HU had. So i need advice, which is better Uk or HU? That is my question. Does it worth to update android 2,1 UK?

It is a newer kernel, and as somebody stated before, HUNGARY UPDATE was some kind of beta (test) release.

So fill free to update to UK.

Guest Fusion0306

In my opinion, YES.

Smoother... Much smoother

Guest dimben1

Thank you DanWilson for the response, I would like to know how to récuperer " great user " and also have what it serves, I am one can beginne

Guest gusthy
How are you guys getting memory usage data?

Are you running a memory info app or is it in settings somewhere?

To get exact memory usage on a multitasking environment is not really easy.

The best option is not too handy, but it works, and its called smem. It contains a small collector application, and a command line/graphical tool that runs on the host. It is able to show the PSS and USS of different apps. USS is the memory used only by the given app. PSS is USS + (the shared memory used by the given app divided by the number of apps using that shared piece of memory). It can show it by user, process or library.

Here is an example result from my phone:

PID User Command Swap USS PSS RSS

1177 0 /system/bin/installd 0 72.0K 78.0K 188.0K

1179 1017 /system/bin/keystore /data/ 0 80.0K 84.0K 168.0K

1165 1000 /system/bin/servicemanager 0 84.0K 88.0K 172.0K

1176 1002 /system/bin/dbus-daemon --s 0 96.0K 102.0K 212.0K

1186 0 /system/bin/qmuxd & 0 100.0K 104.0K 196.0K

1167 0 /system/bin/vold 0 132.0K 142.0K 284.0K

1068 0 /sbin/adbd 0 164.0K 165.0K 184.0K

1725 0 /system/bin/sh - 0 148.0K 173.0K 328.0K

1 0 /init 0 232.0K 235.0K 264.0K

1727 0 ./android-smemcap 0 256.0K 282.0K 436.0K

1181 0 /system/bin/oem_rpc_svc 0 296.0K 312.0K 476.0K

1201 0 /system/bin/hwvefs /data/hw 0 312.0K 324.0K 480.0K

1169 0 /system/bin/rild 0 1.1M 1.1M 1.3M

1174 1013 /system/bin/mediaserver 0 1.1M 1.2M 1.5M

1172 0 zygote /bin/app_process -Xz 0 1.2M 4.3M 15.6M

1712 0 com.android.inputmethod.lat 0 3.1M 7.0M 20.1M

1289 0 com.android.phone 0 4.0M 7.4M 19.8M

1227 0 system_server 0 13.6M 17.4M 46.6M

1664 0 android.process.acore 0 14.9M 20.3M 39.5M

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

19 5 0 40.9M 60.8M 147.8M

This means that I had at that moment 107,5M (the available RAM)-60.8M (PSS) +173k (shell) +282k (smem itself) = 47.1 MB of free memory. Some of it is used by the system to cache-buffer and things like so, but it doesnt really count, it just speeds up things.

http://www.selenic.com/smem/

Edit: the smem collector should be compiled manually, but there is a G1 precomcompilation that runs on Pulse well: http://www.elinux.org/Using_smem_on_Android chapter 4.2.1

Edited by gusthy

Guest johninho

Think I'm jinxed

Had my motherboard replaced under warranty after I couldn't install official UK 2.1.

Prior to this the Hungarian 2.1, FLB 1.1 and FLB 1.2 TMO worked (FLB 1.2 Tre & FLB 1.3 wouldn't).

Phone came back with Dec 2009 update on it.

Flashed official UK 2.1 and this time the update worked and phone seems fine.

However,

Now can't install any versions of FLB. They all appear to install ok but hang at the

boot logo.

After installing UK 2.1, rebooted into recovery with AmonRa 1.5.2 and made Nandroid backup.

Did Data and Dalvik wipe.

Flashed FLB Zip from inside recovery.

Any pointers anyone or do you think it's still the hardware fault I had with my phone prior to new motherboard?

At least I have official 2.1 (well, what was official until a couple of weeks ago) on and phone seems fairly responsive.

Edited by johninho

Guest goce.nakov
Think I'm jinxed

Had my motherboard replaced under warranty after I couldn't install official UK 2.1.

Prior to this the Hungarian 2.1, FLB 1.1 and FLB 1.2 TMO worked (FLB 1.2 Tre & FLB 1.3 wouldn't).

Phone came back with Dec 2009 update on it.

Flashed official UK 2.1 and this time the update worked and phone seems fine.

However,

Now can't install any versions of FLB. They all appear to install ok but hang at the

boot logo.

After installing UK 2.1, rebooted into recovery with AmonRa 1.5.2 and made Nandroid backup.

Did Data and Dalvik wipe.

Flashed FLB Zip from inside recovery.

Any pointers anyone or do you think it's still the hardware fault I had with my phone prior to new motherboard?

At least I have official 2.1 (well, what was official until a couple of weeks ago) on and phone seems fairly responsive.

Did you formatted and partitioned your SD card?

Guest foxmule
Gprs did not work with FLB1.5ADW or FLB1.5LP on my U8220(small rom version, UK 2.1).

I used FLB1.41 before and gprs worked.

CHINA MOBILE (CMCC)

Does any one have the same problem? tks!

I also have the same problem.

Guest johninho
Did you formatted and partitioned your SD card?

No I didn't do this.

Wasn't planning on using A2SD so thought I didn't need to do anything with SD card.

Would this make a difference?

Ta

Guest goce.nakov
No I didn't do this.

Wasn't planning on using A2SD so thought I didn't need to do anything with SD card.

Would this make a difference?

Ta

Well you can try....

Format your SD with 0MB swap, 512 ext2 and leave the rest intact, then try again to install the FLB.

Guest kankle123
Hey sorry I missed your question. You will need to add the APN information for Orange manually. Head into Settings then Wireless & networks then Mobile networks. Click Access Point Names then press the Menu key and press New APN. Then you just need to enter the details for Orange:

MMS Settings

Name: orangemms

APN: orangemms

Proxy: http://192.168.224.10

Port: 8080

Username: Orange

Password: Multimedia

Server: http://mms.orange.co.uk

MMSC: http://mms.orange.co.uk

MMS Proxy: 192.168.224.10

MMS Port: 9201

MCC: 234

MNC: 33

APN type: mms

Orange internet Settings

Name: orange

APN: orangeinternet

Proxy: 192.168.071.035

Port: 9201

Username: [your mobile number]

Password: [your orange.co.uk account password]

Server: orangeinternet

MMSC: http://mms.orange.co.uk

MMS Proxy: 192.168.224.10

MMS Port: 8080

APN type: <not set>

Thanks for the reply :huh:

I was using these settings before;

Proxy: <not set>

Port: <not set>

Server: <not set>

MMSC: <not set>

MMS Proxy: <not set>

MMS Port: <not set>

Authentication Type: <not set>

I have tried the settings you supplied but to no avail.

The data connection symbols appear in the notification bar as normal and even highlight themselves as being in an 'active' state when trying to access the internet but nothing loads, always pops up saying "Attention: A server error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen".

edit - I'm on pay as you go if this make any difference.

Thanks.

Edited by kankle123

Guest Simon O
Thanks for the reply :huh:

I was using these settings before;

Proxy: <not set>

Port: <not set>

Server: <not set>

MMSC: <not set>

MMS Proxy: <not set>

MMS Port: <not set>

Authentication Type: <not set>

I have tried the settings you supplied but to no avail.

The data connection symbols appear in the notification bar as normal and even highlight themselves as being in an 'active' state when trying to access the internet but nothing loads, always pops up saying "Attention: A server error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen".

edit - I'm on pay as you go if this make any difference.

Thanks.

You may need different settings for PAYG. Have a look around and see if anybody has posted them on XDA or here.

Guest Simon O
help me, please, how to re-install " great permission user "

Go to Android Market and look for Superuser. Download the application and it will fix your error.