[HOW-TO] Downgrade HBOOT

Guest behnaam

I had no issues with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and unrEVOked
I have a problem with HTC Sync drivers and adb connection as well as unrevoked on my system. I suspect the drivers because they work just fine on my laptop with 32 bit windows and linux.

Off topic:

If anyone find HTC Sync drivers that work on W764bit please post them so I can check if they work.

Guest shokka9

I have some on my PC at home; they work fine?

I use Win7 64bit Professional.

To be honest, i use a WinXP 32bit PC to use Unrevoked, but that was it. Everything else is done on my Win7 PC.

If i get time i will put here.

But it's Friday, pay day, and its been a long week :) so i doubt it will be done today. Possibly tomorrow. Hope someone else gets there before me

:lol:

I have a problem with HTC Sync drivers and adb connection as well as unrevoked on my system. I suspect the drivers because they work just fine on my laptop with 32 bit windows and linux.

Off topic:

If anyone find HTC Sync drivers that work on W764bit please post them so I can check if they work.

I just used the latest one on the website, works fine (but doesn't work with Outlook 2010 x64)

I just used the latest one on the website, works fine (but doesn't work with Outlook 2010 x64)
Thanks EddyOS! I didn't know that they're on version 3 now. I had a few errors the first few times (probably due to the drivers) but this latest version actually works as it's supposed to.

I am actually able to use adb on my PC now something which was impossible with the old (HTC Sync 2.x) drivers.

Edited by bpivk

Guest ndbubbles

where can i find the drivers for ADB? maybe this is what's stoppin my desire connectin. my laptop asks for them every time i try to connect the desire ;)

btw does the desire need to be unlocked for all networks, i think mine is when i set the mob up it asked what network. is there anyway of knowin its unlocked 4 sure? thanks

ok this is weird i got unrevoked to reconise the desire only by installin HTC sync then unistalled it. now its sayin that my firmware is maybe to new any advice ??

Edited by ndbubbles

You don't need any adb drivers or whatever. You need to remove HTC Sync if you have it, install the drivers provided in FAQ on unrevoked webpage and your phone has to have USB debugging enabled (under settings/applications/development).

That's it. You also need a phone and the cable. It doesn't matter if the phone is locked or not. If it's not working you're doing something wrong or your phone isn't supported (which should be).

Guest ndbubbles
You don't need any adb drivers or whatever. You need to remove HTC Sync if you have it, install the drivers provided in FAQ on unrevoked webpage and your phone has to have USB debugging enabled (under settings/applications/development).

That's it. You also need a phone and the cable. It doesn't matter if the phone is locked or not. If it's not working you're doing something wrong or your phone isn't supported (which should be).

i have done everything it says to do. i have edited my last post as to now which is happening

well ok seems i have done it finally. well unrevoked said it was done. how do i check it has worked?

then theres S-OFF is there any new techniques around? all i can find is older ways in threads over 4months old that dont even give instructions for the whole process

Edited by ndbubbles

how do i check it has worked?

Check the apps in your phone. If you find a superuser app there then it works.

Or go into recovery and if you find clockwork recovery then it also works. And as Eddy said don't even dream of S-OFF if you can't root the phone.

Edited by bpivk

Guest ndbubbles

ok i went in to recovery and it shows "clockworkMod recovery" so im guessin that unrevoked has worked ;)

i have been reading up a fair bit past few hours and now going in to recovery i can now see where i install a custom rom

so im slowly edging along. all i need to do now is find the next steps ;) rom+ what ever is needed

thanks for every ones time is much appreciated.

Edited by ndbubbles

• 1 month later...
Guest paygee

hi,

does this procedure works with H boot 0.93

bravo pvt 3 locked 3g uk radio 5.11.05-14.....stuck at htc logo ..

ATM i m not succeded to find a rom with 0.93 boot and same radio as above

how can i root it ?

or easy way to down grade boot to accept update

• 1 month later...
Guest SMMF

hello to everyone.

my phone freeze at HTC logo on startup. and I cant recover it on hboot. what should I do?

please give me help in a simple way.