Dell Streak accessories now on Dell site

Guest Loconinja

Guest Loconinja

Playing Videos on HDMI Devices

1 Insert the 30-pin connector on the bottom of your device into the 30-pin connector on the home dock.

The above is from the Streak manual, so yes, it sounds like it.

Guest courtlandre
Holy crap, 24 quid for a USB cable!

P

Seriously what is Dell smoking!? 55 for the dock is outrageous as well as it probably doesn't even come with the HDMI cable.

Guest knightpants

yeah, they're all on the rather steep side... I expect we'll start seeing grey parts coming from China on ebay soon though :)

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

I have to agree those prices even though reduced and with free shipping are crazy and much more then they are in $'s on the leaked slide show especially the USB to 30 pin cable for that money is insane IMO. I quite liked the leather case stand but can't see it being very practical for any other use then on a table for general use i think it would suck. I'll wait and see just what ADVERTISING SPAM release for the Streak as although they have confirmed cases i am know hoping they do cables and stands to as i already have their car mount just need the case that fits on it. Will also be interesting to see just what 3rd party accessories start turning up to.

Marc

Guest Flavio

An Apple iPhone 30-pin USB cable looks identical to the Dell cable.

Is anyone brave enough to try one and see if this works as a replacement USB cable?

Guest Ash_786

If Dell read this forum - STOP SMOKING CRACK.

The prices are ridiculous and FFS stop trying marketing tricks by saying you've got "Reduced Prices" - Reduced from what ? This is the first time they have put them up for sale. So they are saying we could of made you pay more but nah we will be nice to you.

/rant

Guest tudorw

I was going to write something about yeah, rip off britain, but then I was the guy that paid £500 for a pcmcia adaptor in 1999...

a) we are a captive market, we just bought a new gadget 10 days after its release, we are early adopters/idiots, delete as you see fit

:) they need to re-coup some r&d, a whole new form factor that feels as balanced as the dell does not come out of thin air

c) if its a custom cable and the device sells more than expected then supplies will not be infinite... until the grey's arrive*

d) if you buy now then you get to use the accesories for the whole lifetime of the device, so buy now and enjoy now :)

e) how you can resist sitting on the tube swapping batteries as iphone owners fumble with some sort of mutilated hybrid batt-phone

*I've bought plenty of cheap grey versions, quite often dissapointed with build quality, fit or moulding just not quite right so I am off to the store and will take the pain like a man, a poor stupid man, but a man nonetheless

** am tempted to try placing an order for 200 and seeing what the stock situations like :)

*** ok, just order the whole kit and caboodle so will post some pics here if needed, due 5-7 days...tick...tick... funnily enough I did not choose to purchase a tree and save the planet after that fleecing...

Edited by tudorw

Guest rugbyleaguefan

I feel a call coming to my dell account manager at work, and seeing if I can get any discounts :)

These prices im afraid aren't uncommon from the big PC manufacturers. I wondering when o2 will get the accessories though and also Expansys etc...

Guest rovex

£25 is stupid for a proprietary USB cable, but PCWorld have plenty of regular USB cables for nearly £20 which really is scandalous, especially when eBuyer sell almost identical cables for under £1.

Guest toxxico

dell have been sort of cunning in a way selling overpriced accessories on their website. i guess we'll just have to wait a couple of weeks/months before the chinese market floods ebay with cheap dell streak accessories. i got a cheap streak from O2 for 360GBP. phone was 349 and a 30 day simplicity contract was 10. I have ordered a rebel simcard ii from their website for 20 so i can use my orange sim in there. phone is ok so far. i love the big screen but a lot of apps don't work on there properly and need to be updated to suit the streak. just can't find a good pdf reader because i'd love to be able to read books on such a nice big screen. and also android 1.6really sucks on the streak. its usable but some features really annoying. just cant wait for froyo update. dell should atleast release 2.1 update for the streak in the meanwhile.

Guest luketoms
Is the "Home Dock Kit" the same as the HDMI dock I wonder? Odd that they don't include the word "HDMI"...

It does now; it was updated yesterday.

Guest marra2

ordered the case for £31 ouch !! will let you all know what its like and I used the link at the top for the free shipping saved me £8 ;)

Guest TomDroid
ordered the case for £31 ouch !! will let you all know what its like and I used the link at the top for the free shipping saved me £8 ;)

Did you get your case yet? Is it worth the money?

Ta

Guest marra2
Did you get your case yet? Is it worth the money?

Ta

No I cancelled cos it went on for 3 days still processing payment - not good customer service and never answered my emails ! Ordered one from cpw which is rubbish ! As I said in another thread my wife made me one out of black leatherette material for a few pence and its brill a lovely hand made pouch ;)

Guest Wonford

I went mad and ordered the case and the stand on Friday, order status is still shown as "In Production" though :/

Will let you guys know what there like when they arrive.

Guest TomDroid
I went mad and ordered the case and the stand on Friday, order status is still shown as "In Production" though :/

Will let you guys know what there like when they arrive.

Cheers wonford, look forward to it!

Marra, depending on wonfords review, is your wife willing to take orders to supply other forum members!l lol ;)

Edited by TomDroid