Dell Streak accessories now on Dell site

Guest Loconinja

Guest Rhysd2

no the dell lady emailed me and advised me 1pm.

it arrived at 12:45

its pretty impressive and came with a screen protector. I like the case alot but the screen protector was bent so it wont go on properly. /sigh will have to call them

Guest mobiholic
no the dell lady emailed me and advised me 1pm.

it arrived at 12:45

its pretty impressive and came with a screen protector. I like the case alot but the screen protector was bent so it wont go on properly. /sigh will have to call them

Pics please! :)

Guest mobiholic
here you go :)

Thank you!

Am I seeing this right - the case protects the rear and sides and a screen protector is provided for the glass area of the front. This means that the plastic at each end is unprotected?

Thanks again for the pics and glad it finally arrived for you!

Were the pics taken with the Streak?

Guest Rhysd2
Thank you!

Am I seeing this right - the case protects the rear and sides and a screen protector is provided for the glass area of the front. This means that the plastic at each end is unprotected?

Thanks again for the pics and glad it finally arrived for you!

Were the pics taken with the Streak?

yea they were taken in a hurry with me moving around with the streak hence the poor quality. bad user not bad camera.. and yes the plastic bits are unprotected but the case comes a few mm above the sides so they arent that exposed.

Guest Warpedflash

I received my car mount! its FAR to much money for what you get but meh at least the thing arrived.

Only problem i can see is if i get a case for the streak i will have to take it out the case to put it in the mount which will get tiresome quite fast...

cimg0159h.jpg

cimg0160mt.jpg

Images resized

Edited by Warpedflash

Guest Loconinja

Could you post some bigger pics? Can't quite make it out in those. :)

My delivery date was 16th July, but now it has changed to ORDER SHIPPED! I hope they deliver tomorrow.

Guest ukbambammatt

Well after tying a few chargers I have bitten the bullet to buy the £55 car kit. I have to say it does look very streamlined and elegant compared to most car kits. That said, I was mailed with my confirmation or order and a delivery date of on or before the 27th August....lol. I sincerely hope it is before. I think Michael Dell maybe getting a mail off me asking if Dell know the difference between 4/5 days delivery not 4/5 weeks plus!!!!

Did any of you guys get them delivered lot earlier than the due date?

Guest Warpedflash
Could you post some bigger pics? Can't quite make it out in those. :)

My delivery date was 16th July, but now it has changed to ORDER SHIPPED! I hope they deliver tomorrow.

Lol i forgot to resize them before uploading them at least the forum scales teh pics down :D

Guest squidgyb
Lol i forgot to resize them before uploading them at least the forum scales teh pics down :)

Have you tried viewing it on your streak?

The pics are massive, and won't do you any favours with the 500mb for £5 limit...

Should you get the chance, please do edit the post and resize the pictures =)

Edited by squidgyb

Guest Warpedflash
Have you tried viewing it on your streak?

The pics are massive, and won't do you any favours with the 500mb for £5 limit...

Should you get the chance, please do edit the post and resize the pictures =)

yea done it.

Refused to stump up £55 for the official kit, so I bought this off the market for £5.

2010-07-06%2018.20.19.jpg

I turn it sideways and clamp it down on my Streak. Works a treat, and leaves the connector port open for when I find a working car charger. I can get about 4 hours of navigation out of it from a 100% charge, luckily.

Also, Warpedflash, I notice you're going to Latitude. Gonna be taking your Streak? I just got mine insured (the people at Endsleigh had never heard of it. He said "What, Dell as in... computers?!") so I might take it for late night IRC/browsing sessions. Yes, me and my friends are geeks :)

Guest Warpedflash
Refused to stump up £55 for the official kit, so I bought this off the market for £5.

2010-07-06%2018.20.19.jpg

I turn it sideways and clamp it down on my Streak. Works a treat, and leaves the connector port open for when I find a working car charger. I can get about 4 hours of navigation out of it from a 100% charge, luckily.

Also, Warpedflash, I notice you're going to Latitude. Gonna be taking your Streak? I just got mine insured (the people at Endsleigh had never heard of it. He said "What, Dell as in... computers?!") so I might take it for late night IRC/browsing sessions. Yes, me and my friends are geeks :)

Yea i saw the cheaper clamp based sat nav things but opted for the dell one as i used to have a cheap clamp one and it was crappy and fell off the windscreen lol.

Yea im going to take it t latitude its my main device now, i need to ensure it at some point... for now im just hoping that i dont kill it lol. Geeks forever! i will prolly use my for email and might go on the web/irc late night to check on stuff. I will probably be in the comedy tent nearly all day so doubt it will get hammered unless someone crowd surfs poodles again lol... except my gf wants to see a loads of the bands :S im predicting arguments

Guest Wonford

Well my wallet and desk stand finally arrived..

The desk stand is quiet nice, solid & heavy but small and easy to fit the phone in.. however certainly not worth the price tbh

also I had assumed the hdmi would let me see the screen display on the tv but the only way I can get it to show anything is though the dell video player.

As for the wallet don't really like it at all it feels and looks rather cheap and tacky to me.

Tried to upload some pics to here but I keep getting an error will try again later :)

Guest Wonford

The desk stand is quiet nice, solid & heavy but small and easy to fit the phone in.. however certainly not worth the price tbh

also I had assumed the hdmi would let me see the screen display on the tv but the only way I can get it to show anything is though the dell video player.

As for the wallet don't really like it at all it feels and looks rather cheap and tacky to me.

Tried to upload some pics to here but I keep getting an error will try again later :)

post-651680-1278926126_thumb.jpg

post-651680-1278926205_thumb.jpg

post-651680-1278926341_thumb.jpg

post-651680-1278926384_thumb.jpg

post-651680-1278926557_thumb.jpg

post-651680-1278926581_thumb.jpg

post-651680-1278926609_thumb.jpg

post-651680-1278926630_thumb.jpg

post-651680-1278926652_thumb.jpg

post-651680-1278926671_thumb.jpg

post-651680-1278926686_thumb.jpg

post-651680-1278926706_thumb.jpg

post-651680-1278926733_thumb.jpg

Guest mobiholic

Tried to upload some pics to here but I keep getting an error will try again later :D

Can't wait! Those are the two that I was considering buying so it would be good to see them.

Sad to hear that the case doesn't feel that great, to be honest all of the Dell accessories I have seen so far (user photos not dell ones) are disappointing.

The Car holder does not allow you to use cases with the streak or offer anything other than basic functionality for (all) your money and the form fit case doesn't offer nearly as much protection as I would have liked. It seems to me as though Dell aren't really trying at all when it comes to the accessories, instead they are just slapping a premium price on them and hoping people will see them as premium products and buy them hoping for premium quality and features. :)

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I expect more for my money especially in the current climate.

Guest tudorw
Can't wait! Those are the two that I was considering buying so it would be good to see them.

Sad to hear that the case doesn't feel that great, to be honest all of the Dell accessories I have seen so far (user photos not dell ones) are disappointing.

The Car holder does not allow you to use cases with the streak or offer anything other than basic functionality for (all) your money and the form fit case doesn't offer nearly as much protection as I would have liked. It seems to me as though Dell aren't really trying at all when it comes to the accessories, instead they are just slapping a premium price on them and hoping people will see them as premium products and buy them hoping for premium quality and features. :)

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I expect more for my money especially in the current climate.

Dell delivered on their last promise and my items arrived today, dock, battery, car kit, case, sync cable.

Not sure what we are comparing with, I've mostly bought cheap knock-off as opposed to manufacturers official stuff, but I think these are pretty nicely made pieces, the HDMI dock is solid and looks neat with a nice finger print repelling surface, with the supplied USB to power cable attached it charges fine. I guessed the HDMI out was going to be restricted to the Dell video player, we need to beg them to release some source so that others can make more of this feature!

The case fits well and I've tried shaking the device out of its holder and it seems nicely secured, 'credit card' slots are not quite there, either in portrait or landscape 2 cards don't neatly fit, but you can fit 2 or 3 card in there without messing with the case closing. The case is trying to hit a bit of a retro note, looks and feels a little like the classic moleskine notebooks which suits me fine :D

Guest Rhysd2
Just uploaded 20+ pics of the wallet case, form-fit case and the HDMI home dock.

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell-strea...html#post161960

All solid build but the HDMI dock is a bit disappointing as it only appears to work with built-in photo + video viewer...and only when you watch videos. No full screen youtube :)

look nice thanks for posting them. Will the dock allow you to play hdmi stuff through the tv. eg say if you had a movie on the sd card?

Guest Dunhamzzz
look nice thanks for posting them. Will the dock allow you to play hdmi stuff through the tv. eg say if you had a movie on the sd card?

Yeah as long as it's playable in the default media viewer (you can obviously convert it too)

Just wrote up my full review and did some vids showing the HDMI out and me playing with the two official cases: http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell-strea...iew-w-vids.html