Sign in to follow this  
moo_ski_doo

Lack of equalizer / bass boost on Android

After putting up with a pretty awful Windows Mobile phone for the last year and a half, my contract finally came to an end so I got myself a new HTC Legend.

One of the first things I tried out was the music player, and I noticed straight away that it sounded flat with no bass at all. After some hunting around it appears that there's no equaliser or even a simple bass booster available. It never even crossed my mind that this would be a problem with a modern handset and (supposedly) one of the best mobile operating systems available. I use my phone to listen to music a lot and now I'm stuck with this phone for two years (since Vodafone don't have a return policy, which is totally unfair) and as long as this issue isn't resolved (which I really don't think it will be since it hasn't been sorted in the last 2 years) I'll never be able to use it to listen to music on. So unimpressed.

I'm sure some audiophiles will tell me I just need some better headphones, but the fact is that - despite their shortcomings in many other departments - on both my previous phones - my Diamond and my Sony Ericsson - the sound quality was great with these very same mid-range headphones.

Apart from that though, the phone seems great and I'm very impressed with Android, I'm just very annoyed that this very basic feature seems to have been overlooked. I know comparisons between Android and iPhone can get a bit tedious, but the lack of such a basic audio feature would be totally unthinkable on the iPhone platform.

Edited by moo_ski_doo