MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest roelwillems
is it just me or is the scrolling on the froyo browser really juddery? I know it's a small thing but it keeps making me change back to MCR r3.1.....

Does anyone else have this issue and is there a fix?

No I don't experience such behavior. I'm quite happy with the browser on r20 (bookmarks load faster than on stock, and scrolling and rendering feels fluid).

Do you have any apps that might interfere with the browser or hog a lot of processing power?

Guest rhasti

Hi Haven't read the whole thread. This rom is really nice but there is one thing. the battery only last for 10 hours and im not using display or phone function alot. Anyone else here with those problems?

Guest medomedo
Has anyone got any suggestions on different radio's to try to see if it helps with batterylife? I'm using 32.37.00.32U_4.06.00.16_2.

90mins since it was on charge = 84% battery :lol:

Are you using SIPdroid? I noticed yesterday that with sipdroid running in the background and display turned off, still there was a dramatic battery drain similar to what you have.

Guest medomedo

I am using r20, I noticed a bug with WiFi. I have AP at home and at work, when I get in wifi range, my phone doesnt join unless I specifically go to settings -> wifi settings and select the network and click on "connect". My WiFi sleeping policy is "when screen turned off".

Any sol ?

Guest mr. winterbottom
I am using r20, I noticed a bug with WiFi. I have AP at home and at work, when I get in wifi range, my phone doesnt join unless I specifically go to settings -> wifi settings and select the network and click on "connect". My WiFi sleeping policy is "when screen turned off".

Any sol ?

by me too

mr. winterbottom

Guest Scottland
Are you using SIPdroid? I noticed yesterday that with sipdroid running in the background and display turned off, still there was a dramatic battery drain similar to what you have.

Nope, I only have Beautiful widgets (2hrs) updating in the background - other than Gmail pushing etc. Nothing is spiking in Battery History to suggest something is running in the background or using a wakelock etc. I've had poor battery across a few ROMs, I'm thinking it might be the Radio or the Battery itself tbh. I was just wondering what Radios other people were using.

Edited by Scottland

Guest Loozaa

Is there r19 prebaked with A2SD available anywhere?

r20 is quite unstable for me. Sometimes my desire freezes, which has not occured with r19. Goggles doesn't work anymore (already known), "WoW Remote Auction House" gives also fc. Both worked flawless with r19. Due Pauls update to r20 i can't get the r19 rom anymore. Nandroid-backup has been deleted too early, obviously.

Loozaa

Guest Arthur Hucksake
I'm using the stock radio from , get about 36hrs or so from on a full charge (but charge each night anyway)

Any idea what the version number for that radio is?

Guest EddyOS

Yeah, got it going now...

What other fixes are sorted? LEDs for example?

Just flashed back to MCR r3.1 to go back to stock but will give this a go and see what's cracking...

Guest Time Sheep

Lulz, 30 builds, 30 in queue. Couldn't barely load the kitchen or just the topic to see the changelog :-/

Although it came and I'm queued now :D

Aint you updating quite frequently? Well, not your problem that FRF is updating frequently. Not a problem at all :lol:

Guest StuMcBill
Changelog

r21 02/07/10 12:50 GMT

• Updated to FRF91
  • Added Trackball Wake
  • Various minor fixes

Paul,

Does this include the "Faster Market" fix that you tweeted about yesterday?

Guest Noonski

Any sol ?

+1 here to. Wifi is not always reconecting to home network. Happens both with and withou the Wifi indicator installed.

Guest Ceased2be

Just installed it (no wipe) everything's seem to be working so far.

Haven't tested if the echo is gone though, anyone can comment on that?

Guest gosnis
Paul,

Does this include the "Faster Market" fix that you tweeted about yesterday?

ASE + Scripts installed to /data partition

* This option installs the Android Script Engine (ASE) + MoDaCo scripts, including @ratson's market speedup fix.

It's in the kitchen options. At least I guess it is. :lol: Can anyone explain here what it does and how I use it?

Guest marius.greve

Is there any way to implement another language? E.g. Norwegian? Via an update.zip or baked into the ROM? :lol:

Guest hipath
+1 here to. Wifi is not always reconecting to home network. Happens both with and withou the Wifi indicator installed.

same here...

Guest sinkingfish

* This option installs the Android Script Engine (ASE) + MoDaCo scripts, including @ratson's market speedup fix.

It's in the kitchen options. At least I guess it is. :lol: Can anyone explain here what it does and how I use it?

+1

Guest viper_campbell

Im guessing everyone with wifi reconnecting problems are using WPA/WPA2 security on their router... If you change this to WEP (less secure though) it works fine with no issues, as i had the same problem, changed the router to WEP and all fixed... The other more secure way is to set security up via the MAC codes which is what i am now using with no problems... :lol:

Guest StuMcBill

* This option installs the Android Script Engine (ASE) + MoDaCo scripts, including @ratson's market speedup fix.[/code]

Ah, the kitchen wouldn't load when I asked because it was being pounded! :D

Thanks

Guest giocoso

Hello Paul, sorry the post but I do not understand English very well!

I created a theme for your rom and it works very well, the only problem is that

I can change the color of text in notification bar.

how can I do? thanks!

Edited by giocoso