MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest nitrox1
It's a known issue, can't be sorted at the mo...

Hi,which one is a known issue?

Also if there's a leaked desire froyo how comes the likes of modaco and xda haven't gotten their hands in it?

Edited by nitrox1

Guest traspler

Installed r21 and used it for a couple of days now an there are some small issues but the biggest issue I have is: It eats my battery like a starving kitteh!! After tweaking the stock 2.1 Sense ROM, I got a pretty decent battery life but with this FroYo ROM, the battery is DEAD after one day for sure and it has only about 24h standby... That's a big problem for me.

YouTube Green Line and LED stays on after notification was dismissed (only happened once) were the only other two issues I noticed.

@tk1978

I've got a similar issue but as far as I know, this isn't the ROMs fault. I have now clue if it's my carrier, the phone or the Radio FW, Android in general or a combination. It's really annoying :/ You can try activating flight mode and wait a minute and then disable it again. This mostly solves the problem for me.

Edited by traspler

Guest dancedreamfly
just flashed a prebake rr21 and now my desire is stuck in boot loop, how can i solve this?

Did you do a wipe? Are you installing a prebake with A2SD?

Guest DomP
just flashed a prebake rr21 and now my desire is stuck in boot loop, how can i solve this?

Pull out your SD card, if it boots, you probably have an issue with your partitions, or need to format them...

Guest tk1978
Installed r21 and used it for a couple of days now an there are some small issues but the biggest issue I have is: It eats my battery like a starving kitteh!! After tweaking the stock 2.1 Sense ROM, I got a pretty decent battery life but with this FroYo ROM, the battery is DEAD after one day for sure and it has only about 24h standby... That's a big problem for me.

YouTube Green Line and LED stays on after notification was dismissed (only happened once) were the only other two issues I noticed.

@tk1978

I've got a similar issue but as far as I know, this isn't the ROMs fault. I have now clue if it's my carrier, the phone or the Radio FW, Android in general or a combination. It's really annoying :/ You can try activating flight mode and wait a minute and then disable it again. This mostly solves the problem for me.

hey, you are right, i found several pepole reporting this problem.. but i think it is a rom failure. with the original htc rom there isn´t this bug. using the flight mode works as a workaround. but it is annoying :).

Guest djshadow666
Hi

Just installed R21 and my tilt sensor seems to have stopped working! anyone else going this??

Cheers

Curfish

yer i had this problem, i flashed R20 back over it and the tilt still wernt working so i did a complete wipe of everything and then flashed R21 and it works now.

Guest dancedreamfly
is it possible to make an titanium backup on a r21 without a2sd; flash r21 with a2sd and restore all my settings?

Yes. When you restore to your new R21 with A2SD, all your apps will be installed to SD.

Guest awilson3000

Hi gang, just a note to say thanks to Paul and all involved. I've rooted my Orange branded HTC Desire (as per the MoDaCo guide), currently running a baked FRF91 rom (as per this thread)- works like a dream. Very very fast! Am really enjoying Froyo!! A massive upgrade from my Orange stock 2.1 ROM which was full of junk and very limited. I gave up waiting for the 1.21 upgrade on the Orange ROM. I don't even miss HTC Sense, in fact I am really enjoying Android the way google designed it! :) Only niggle I have found so far is occasionally the orange notification light stays on....not a biggie! once more, many many thanks Paul et al!!! keep up the good work :D

Edited by awilson3000

Guest ourfear

i found google sync can't full sync my contacts picture on r21.. maybe it's google fault..

also a request to paul: could you make such a non-sense ui rom evenif HTC release 2.2?

Guest EddyOS
i found google sync can't full sync my contacts picture on r21.. maybe it's google fault..

also a request to paul: could you make such a non-sense ui rom evenif HTC release 2.2?

I'd imagine so but it'd need work with the radio/kernel...I use LauncherPro anyway so regardless Sense won't be in use

Guest traspler
hey, you are right, i found several pepole reporting this problem.. but i think it is a rom failure. with the original htc rom there isn´t this bug. using the flight mode works as a workaround. but it is annoying :).

I had this issue in every build I ever used. On my ADP1 as well as my Desire, so I assume it's either the carrier or deep down inside Android.

Guest ravenchad

Hello Androians,

I have a problem here with my new rooted HTC Desire, i've just rooted it to Froyo r21 by modaco.

When everytime i make a call, they're saying that there is an ECHO of their voice during the call.

Anyone can help me with this or can confirm if this issue is already fixed?

Thanks. :)

Guest Jez_

So far this rom is running pretty well. I did a custom bake (using the online kitchen) to remove:

Car Home

News and Weather

Voice Dialer

Voice Search

Amazon MP3

Facebook

Quickoffice

Twitter

ASE + Scripts

Titanium Backup

WaveSecure

Minor issues so far: WiFi tends to struggle to connect properly when I unlock the phone keys, the automatic screen brightness doesn't work well. Camera and video now work, but I do miss the extra options of the HTC Sense camera program :)

Guest CF Chong
Hello Androians,

I have a problem here with my new rooted HTC Desire, i've just rooted it to Froyo r21 by modaco.

When everytime i make a call, they're saying that there is an ECHO of their voice during the call.

Anyone can help me with this or can confirm if this issue is already fixed?

Thanks. :)

Crossing my fingers that the HTC Desire Froyo would not have the white noise and echo.

Guest ravenchad
Its still a known issue. No fix yet. Its listed under "known issues" on the first page of this thread.

I think Paul did not write down this issues.

"

Known Issues

* None

Changelog

r21 02/07/10 12:50 GMT

* Updated to FRF91

* Added Trackball Wake

* Various minor fixes

"

Here's the listing of updates on the first page of the thread...

But it is still an issue as you said. how sad :)

Hope Paul, can fix this.

Guest Franzosich

Everything is fine with the R21... All the things i've found strange seems to work now... Just the facebook sync in the menu, but who cares ! Thanks a lot Paul and keep going you do a great job !

Guest ravenchad
Everything is fine with the R21... All the things i've found strange seems to work now... Just the facebook sync in the menu, but who cares ! Thanks a lot Paul and keep going you do a great job !

Really even the ECHO on PHONE CALL? Can you confirm it? Thanks :)

Guest pmcguire
Really even the ECHO on PHONE CALL? Can you confirm it? Thanks :)

I tried this ROM today and didn't get any echo in the couple of test calls I made. Back on stock now but that's another story.