[TUT] Flashing on Windows 7 (32-Bit & 64-Bit)

Guest george101

@george101

Your guide is great, but doing this on x64 system isn't that easy. I had tried in the past also and this time too by using unsigned drivers and it had been an unsuccessful endeavor. I has kept one installation of Win XP for this very purpose of flashing and getting everything seamlessly or is it working on x64 platform?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Thunder141

I now use Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider, which is freeware. It signes the xp 64 Bit Driver chooseable by dialog and sets windows 7 64 bit in a "test mode" state. Thus the driver is loaded everytime without the need of pressing f8 at the start and manually enforce the loading of unsigned drivers.

You can found it here

The Desktop then shows Test mode as a watermark, which can be removed with another freeware OS language independent found here.

I flashed my phone several times without problems with my windows 64 bit machine before just manually switching by pressing f8, but with this steps its more comfortable and i can always use octans with no need to reboot cause i forget to override the loading of unsigned drivers.

Of course you need the old 64 bit activesync drivers from xp for working. this is described in the forum elsewhere.

Thunder

@george101

Your guide is great, but doing this on x64 system isn't that easy. I had tried in the past also and this time too by using unsigned drivers and it had been an unsuccessful endeavor. I has kept one installation of Win XP for this very purpose of flashing and getting everything seamlessly or is it working on x64 platform?

Edited by Thunder141

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Daemon_necis

UPDATE:

This method was working for me:

1. While Windows 7 starts, press F8 and choose "Disable driver signature enforcement" or something like that

(I have a german Windows 7, so i can't tell u, what will stand there on your PC :( )

2. Turn Phone off, connect it to PC, let the driver be installed

3. replace the Mobile Device USB-Driver with the one I attached

4. install the Samsung Modem Driver using its setup (also attached)

5. set Octans to compatibility "Windows XP SP3"

6. flash as usual

All Credits go to the author of this thread:

Original thread

Driver.rar

Edited by Daemon_necis

Guest ErnstJanF

You missed something!

For x64 you will need to boot your system using the 'disable driver check' within the advanced boot-menu using the F8 key before you can change the drivers.

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest Thunder141

No! That's not right anymore. Look at my posts a little bit before

You missed something!

For x64 you will need to boot your system using the 'disable driver check' within the advanced boot-menu using the F8 key before you can change the drivers.

Guest ErnstJanF
No! That's not right anymore. Look at my posts a little bit before

Sorry, missed that post. Note that people will only read the first post, so please add this step.

One more thing (thunder): You do need 2 freeware program's, but it's possible to modify your boot.ini so it will auto-boot into 'force driver checks to disable'

Guest Thunder141

have you tried this way? I tried it and it didn't work.

I cannot add this to the first post, cause I am not the thread-opener

Sorry, missed that post. Note that people will only read the first post, so please add this step.

One more thing (thunder): You do need 2 freeware program's, but it's possible to modify your boot.ini so it will auto-boot into 'force driver checks to disable'

Guest ErnstJanF
have you tried this way? I tried it and it didn't work.

I cannot add this to the first post, cause I am not the thread-opener

I meant the thread-opener.

I've set the boot.ini to use this option by default, however, I don't know what app I was using to do so...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...