Connectivity icon??

Guest tinou

Guest tinou

Hey I just got my Galaxy S and I was wondering what the connectivity icon H means? I have seen E for edge 3G for 3g but im not sure what H stands for

Guest 7500usr
Hey I just got my Galaxy S and I was wondering what the connectivity icon H means? I have seen E for edge 3G for 3g but im not sure what H stands for

what network

Guest 7500usr
Yes, it measn HSDPA, i.e. 3.5G

anyone know if this will work on usa 3g bands? i have read a lot but am getting conflicting info

Guest tinou

Its really fast, snappier then my omnia 2, but its my first android device so im a bit new to the OS, the learning curve wasnt that difficult though its very intuitive compared to windows mobile. the Super AMOLED display works great... it doesnt have that much battery life like the Wave, I can get through a day with moderate to heavy usage and still have 25% to go.

Guest 7500usr
Its really fast, snappier then my omnia 2, but its my first android device so im a bit new to the OS, the learning curve wasnt that difficult though its very intuitive compared to windows mobile. the Super AMOLED display works great... it doesnt have that much battery life like the Wave, I can get through a day with moderate to heavy usage and still have 25% to go.

can you tell me what your APN settings are.

Guest tinou
can you tell me what your APN settings are.

How would I check? Im sorry Im really new to this OS, I jsut put my sim card in and whatever it selected on its own is what I have been using, is there somewhere I can go to check for you?

I just tested the device's mobile hotspot feature and it works really well if I have HSDPA connection. ;) Im gonna test the connection quality over some multiplayer games. if theres no lag it would be awesome

Guest 7500usr
How would I check? Im sorry Im really new to this OS, I jsut put my sim card in and whatever it selected on its own is what I have been using, is there somewhere I can go to check for you?

I just tested the device's mobile hotspot feature and it works really well if I have HSDPA connection. ;) Im gonna test the connection quality over some multiplayer games. if theres no lag it would be awesome

its under settings wireless and network mobile networks, access point names...

Guest tinou
its under settings wireless and network mobile networks, access point names...

Name: AT&T 310 410

APN: wap.cingular

Proxy: Not Set

Port: Not Set

Username: Not SEt

Password: Not SEt

Server: Not Set

MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com

MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com

MMS Port: 80

MCC: 310

MNC: 410