HTC Desire :: Softbank JP stock ROM updates and mods

Guest lenik

Guest tonemgub1
I finally managed to get that apk installed but i am wondering why i went through all that trouble since i have the same problem as the softbank app, i cant send the MMS. I click send and nothing happens. Receiving is great though.. any ideas?

You must be missing a setting. Or something is a little messed up. S!mail and sending through the Android messaging app works fine for me. >.<

Triple check the APN settings. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest lenik

Better late than never :(

I gave up making images based on original Softbank software, since they lack some functionality and support only Japanese and English.

The topic starter post is updated with the new download links leading to the HTC WWE RUU stock based Froyo (version 2.29.405.5) image(s) slightly modified to perform flawlessly on Softbank network. If you were (like me) waiting until now to upgrade to Froyo -- now it's the time.

These images contain WWE (World Wide English) languages and input methods, which is every European language and many more. Japanese is not included, so for Japanese input I use Simeji (can be installed from the Android Market). Radio update is included within the image as well as latest Mms.apk with 100% iPhone-compatible emoji. Also, WiFi Hotspot settings (missing from native SBM images) are enabled -- feel free to turn your phone into wireless hotspot (but keep an eye on your monthly bill just in case).

• 3 months later...
Guest blogger
Better late than never :)

I gave up making images based on original Softbank software, since they lack some functionality and support only Japanese and English.

The topic starter post is updated with the new download links leading to the HTC WWE RUU stock based Froyo (version 2.29.405.5) image(s) slightly modified to perform flawlessly on Softbank network. If you were (like me) waiting until now to upgrade to Froyo -- now it's the time.

These images contain WWE (World Wide English) languages and input methods, which is every European language and many more. Japanese is not included, so for Japanese input I use Simeji (can be installed from the Android Market). Radio update is included within the image as well as latest Mms.apk with 100% iPhone-compatible emoji. Also, WiFi Hotspot settings (missing from native SBM images) are enabled -- feel free to turn your phone into wireless hotspot (but keep an eye on your monthly bill just in case).

that kinda sucks.

i wanna give my old htc desire to a friend (jp) so I wanna load it with some recent jp rom, and simeji, as much as europeople like it, is an utterly worthless japanese IME. is the original softbank rom from top of this thread the only thing that has usable iWNN ime?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest beegee1962

BeeGee_Tokyo mod for Softbank Japan available

Hi,

was out of this forum for a long time. But now I thought its time to update my HTC Desire.

Of course as usual, I need some changes special for Softbank Japan.

So I created a modded version of Oxygen 2.1.6, as I did in the past.

New Softbank MMS

iWNN IME (Japanese keyboard)

HTC IME

PhoneCard Express

Softbank APN (special Desire version)

Screenshots and download in my homepage.

Edited by beegee1962

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pradiproy

GUys - I amon a DELL streak and somehow none of the above methods work on the STREAKDROID 1.7.0 Its Based on Froyo 2.2 OS.

Any heads up on the MMS module. Have been looking for a while. MMS still does not work.

Rest all feature's are brilliant.